Match Thread Stoke match thread (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

What a great performance. Did the ugly stuff well, yet with all the changes we still played some great stuff. Thought JCS played really well and Stoke were stifled by us. So pleased for Vik. Well done Josh Eccles. Big shout for our fans who outsang Stoke comfortably (drummer helped!)

fernandopartridge

Not sure it is pal. How many games this season has he dragged us through to victory when we were flagging?
Not that many but that's because the whole team has raised their game and improved. He's playing well just doesn't stand out so much any more due to the way the whole team plays. He looked different last season as he was so aggressive and progressive, now the whole team is.

SkyBlueMatt

Much needed three points, especially after the unfortunate result at the weekend.

Gyokeres has broken his drought so I'm hoping this is a new dawn. Win at the weekend and we are right back in the fight.

Fuck the FA Cup, 100% I would take a win over boro than Southampton.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Greggs

Great performance against an established Championship side, was worried when i saw the teamsheet - but they all puled together. Vik look back to somewhere near his best. Big shout out to the large bloke that sat next to me who kept farting. Sheaf MOM. I'd take 3 million for Hamer tomorrow

Brighton Sky Blue

Well no, because we can’t sell him and play him from 18 months ago instead.

Don't think you'll find anyone wants to sell him now, it'd be daft. We need a few more in his position and in the attacking slots.

Problem is he was bought to deliver a profit in the end. If he goes in the summer Robins won't see more than a bit of change from the proceeds.

Gint11

Great win. Clean sheet, Vik goal, Eccles back in the mix, Bidwell with some minutes so all in all a great night.

larry_david

Looking forward to watching this one back. Can't tell from here if Eccles was shite or decent. That's not sarcasm either, it genuinely seems 50-50.

I'm a big fan of him and hope he gets more game time in his position

Gynnsthetonic

Thank fuck for that, I feel much better tonight than I did on Saturday, I think I was still dazed at how we lost at the weekend before the game tonight, I'm glad it came round so quick actually, players put a great shift in!

ccfcmad1

Much deserved win and a great second half showing, usually sit block 16 but left it late to get tickets and no seats available together so sat in block 36 over in the family stand, the noise and atmosphere created from 14 onwards is something to be proud of great to see it from the outside looking in and it's impressive 👏

Johnnythespider

A completely different kind of performance to Saturday and 3 points, football eh.
Thought Clarke Salter was very good and made a couple of great runs forward when he needed Bidwell to overlap, hopefully he'll start to do that as he gains fitness.

CCFC54321

I counted seven players missing tonight that would have started or been on the bench. That was a difficult game tonight against a horrible side in Stoke who I thought WE made them look without being to insulting utter dog shite. Not one chance did they have and that’s down to a good solid performance from every single player.

MOM Mcfazdean as he led by example from the back.

AStonesThrow

I'm going to pretend there is no game on tonight so that I get a good night of sleep without punching the pillow. I will find out soon enough tomorrow how many we have lost by
Hope you get a good nights sleep pal, will wake up to a nice surprise!

Liquid Gold

Well no, because we can’t sell him and play him from 18 months ago instead.
I'd be confident that if we sold him for £5m then we could effectively replace him for less than half of that though.

I imagine the scouting team already know who that might be too.

Seymour_East

Eccles very decent tonight. Glad big Vik scored but really wish he would learn to get in front of his marker on the low crosses

Users who are viewing this thread