Match Thread Stoke match thread (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

Don't really want to sell hamer , would be nice to see him and sheaf progress with us .. both good players , not many teams in the league with a better central 2 is there ? Unless somebody could correct me and show me how many

Esoterica

There's also been a change in the set up with Sheaf and Hamer in the last few weeks, at least to my eye. In possession Sheaf seems to be getting forward more and Hamer is the one that sits in. Feels like Sheaf has been allowed to express himself a bit higher up the pitch and that has coincided with his game going up another level (as well as consistent game time of course) whereas Hamer is the one doing more side to side work covering for the wingbacks when they go high. Absolutely would not want to see him sold.

fernandopartridge

There's also been a change in the set up with Sheaf and Hamer in the last few weeks, at least to my eye. In possession Sheaf seems to be getting forward more and Hamer is the one that sits in. Feels like Sheaf has been allowed to express himself a bit higher up the pitch and that has coincided with his game going up another level (as well as consistent game time of course) whereas Hamer is the one doing more side to side work covering for the wingbacks when they go high. Absolutely would not want to see him sold.
One of them will be out the side once Kelly is fully fit, that's according to those itk

covcity4life

Re: playoff hopes:

giphy.gif

Brighton Sky Blue

Great performance against an established Championship side, was worried when i saw the teamsheet - but they all puled together. Vik look back to somewhere near his best. Big shout out to the large bloke that sat next to me who kept farting. Sheaf MOM. I'd take 3 million for Hamer tomorrow

Good way to keep warm I imagine.

djr8369

Someone on the radio has just said Gordon Shipley and Dom Hymen but it could be my hearing... Great result tonight against a tough team to break down. So pleased for our fighting Swede for his goal, Sheaf, Allen and Hyam outstanding with McFadzean his consistently reliable self.

Enviado desde mi SM-A202F mediante Tapatalk
It’s not your hearing. He muddled a few other players as well. It was the “just wallop it into the goal” guy.

Sky Blue Harry H

Don't really want to sell hamer , would be nice to see him and sheaf progress with us .. both good players , not many teams in the league with a better central 2 is there ? Unless somebody could correct me and show me how many

They are up there. Hamer can get better, and Sheaf is improving all the time. Think they are crucial to why we are so easy on the eye at times. We haven't played so much decent football for a good many years.

Terry Gibson's perm

Good result as they are a decent team, Jageilka at the back for them is a disaster and for all the talk about Wrights grandson he looked like a little boy out there.

Sky Blue Harry H

Good result as they are a decent team, Jageilka at the back for them is a disaster and for all the talk about Wrights grandson he looked like a little boy out there.

Agreed re Wright's grandson, but he looked very good in the previous games. I suppose that's what you get at that age - inconsistency.

Mcbean

Mmm thought Jagielka looked solid - at least the ref thought so but Fadz did a better job with Hymen 😀came away with a real warm glow - was not the expected slug fest with Stoke and great not to see bullies on the pitch apart From Jagielka PUSB onward and upward

Sky Blue Harry H

Another snippet from their forum:

This manager will never get us promoted.

We're 2nd best to friggin Coventry by a country mile.

Terry Gibson's perm

Mmm thought Jagielka looked solid - at least the ref thought so but Fadz did a better job with Hymen 😀came away with a real warm glow - was not the expected slug fest with Stoke and great not to see bullies on the pitch apart From Jagielka PUSB onward and upward

He looked more likely to create a goal for us than some of our players, missed the ball for Viktors first half chance and then gave it away for the goal (from memory I have watched it back yet)

David O'Day

Great result but I was really disappointed with Stoke as for all their possession they just moved the ball backwards and sidewards with vey little penetration.

Terry Gibson's perm

They will have some real problems with that back three teams with pace up front will tear them apart. Ince is really living off his fathers name.

Terry Gibson's perm

For the goal? Harwood-Bellis tried to pass to Allen, it was nothing to do with Jagielka

He passed it without looking and then the left sided centre back didn’t challenge and backed off until Vik got into range.

Terry Gibson's perm

Ince is only 29, it feels like he's been around forever. He's a decent footballer but hasn't really improved any since he came on to the scene.

Having watched him last night I couldn’t tell you what he is, as in what position or talents he just stood around on the edge of the game.

Bad Boy

Another snippet from their forum:

This manager will never get us promoted.

We're 2nd best to friggin Coventry by a country mile.

And another

I'm extremely worried about our future under this manager. I look at Robins at Coventry, who has dragged a completely bankrupt, homeless, basket case of a club through the leagues with a budget that is laughable compared to ours.

They looked a better side than us last year and they look a better side this year with players he's begged, stolen and borrowed whilst our manager has spent nearly 5M on two strikers and has been afforded another 4 players this window and has a squad of over 25 senior players to pick from.

0 shots on target? Not acceptable at any level and a damning indictment on the standard of coaching on offer.

Appalling.

It just goes to show that fans of other clubs are starting to acknowledge our progress.

Sky Blue Harry H

On reflection, before kick off I was watching the 2 teams go through their pre-match work outs, and Stoke seemed to have a lot more coaches/bodies/whatever on the pitch and going through what looked like more 'disciplined' routines than some of our players, who at times seemed to be doing their own thing. If my wi-fi connection had been better, I was going to post about it at the time. Translated to the game, it didn't seem to help them much!!

Mcbean

On reflection, before kick off I was watching the 2 teams go through their pre-match work outs, and Stoke seemed to have a lot more coaches/bodies/whatever on the pitch and going through what looked like more 'disciplined' routines than some of our players, who at times seemed to be doing their own thing. If my wi-fi connection had been better, I was going to post about it at the time. Translated to the game, it didn't seem to help them much!!
For the first 10 mins they looked up for it while our new guys settled into their positions- once that was done there was very little threat

fernandopartridge

He was very nervous and tentative first half, a couple of decent touches but an understandably shaky 45 on his first game of the season. Second half he looked a different player, more assured, much better on the ball and confident enough to run at them. Great run down the right before he was clattered by Jagielka.

Fair enough, I watched online so not as easy to sense the nervousness. Understandable really given that it was his first Championship game in front of a crowd playing out of his usual position.

lifeskyblue

Thought Stoke looked a decent side first half (first 30mins at least)…quicker in thought, some slick passing, players making space and appeared to have a plan using width. But second half they were v poor and appeared to be just going through the motions and even after we scored they didn’t use the possession or territory we gave them. Not one shot on target was woefull.
We were not as good as Saturday(still played some delightful football in moving the ball forward) but got the result. Bidwell settled well after first few minutes. Clarke-Salter had perhaps his best game for us. Hyam and esp Mcfadzean looked as solid as ever. Eccles fitted in well and grew into game…he is going to be some player next season. Sheaf has become mr dependable and really keeps the team ticking (my motm). Hamer looked more comfortable than he has for a while and played one superb pass. Allen was immense…yes a little lightweight but was everywhere and involved in closing them down and creating space for others. Shipley decent but blowing by 60mins. Vik worked well on his own and thoroughly deserved his goal. Interesting he scored shortly after waghorn came on.
I don’t think we are clinical enough up front or streetwise enough (yet) to make playoffs but we are a joy to watch and making progress season on season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Nick rings up to say that you won't often hear him praise O'Hare, but "he was rilly rilly good tonoight". And Gyokores is "Biamou with a bit of class". :p

That Brummie guy Nick never goes to the games so what makes him such an expert.

CWR must be desperate for callers.

Users who are viewing this thread