Steve Brown steps down (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
No during the sixfields era. I appreciate you did post it this time but excuse me if defend myself against made up posts. Also don't you think it's strange that every time there is some sort of initiative these sorts of posts appear? But then again perhaps I'm being paranoid.

What didn't I do during Sixfields? Not sure what you mean.

You started the thread didn't you?

I'm confused.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

What didn't I do during Sixfields? Not sure what you mean.

You started the thread didn't you?

I'm confused.
All I said was Steve had stepped down. I want the one who got personal. So when it started you wanted to stop it but didn't when you could have when I was accused when we were at sixfields.

Nick

Administrator
All I said was Steve had stepped down. I want the one who got personal. So when it started you wanted to stop it but didn't when you could have when I was accused when we were at sixfields.

I said could it not get personal about Steve.

What's wrong with that? I'm lost. I said can it not get personal before you even posted anything in reply.

Last edited:

olderskyblue

Nick doesn't mind it getting personal about you BHSB, it's Steve he is referring to.. ;)

rupert_bear

Steve Brown is okay and has put a lot of time into all this. I guarantee all the keyboard cowards on here would freeze on the spot if confronted by him and asked to repeat their cowardly remarks to his face.

chiefdave

Fair play to him for giving it a go. Has he left for personal reasons or left / been pushed out over a difference of opinion?

olderskyblue

Steve Brown is okay and has put a lot of time into all this. I guarantee all the keyboard cowards on here would freeze on the spot if confronted by him and asked to repeat their cowardly remarks to his face.

I think he might be disappointed in some of the remarks, but I doubt he would "confront" anyone. What would be the point?

Take it a step further, and look at all the insults bandied about on here, it wouldn't need a one on one, but more a WWE last man standing battle.. :)

rupert_bear

Fair play to him for giving it a go. Has he left for personal reasons or left / been pushed out over a difference of opinion?
I don't know him personally other than to say hello to, I do know he has a business which takes him all over the place my guess is and it's just a guess with things cranking up a bit he has stepped aside for someone who has a bit more time on their hands.

albatross

I dont know Steve at all but he was game enough to try to make a difference, on here all his points were well argued and a sensible point of view. What can be said though is at least he stood for something in the hope of making a difference, more than can be said for many.

Otis

I don't know him personally other than to say hello to, I do know he has a business which takes him all over the place my guess is and it's just a guess with things cranking up a bit he has stepped aside for someone who has a bit more time on their hands.
I used to know him a little and he's a very hard working, dedicated bloke.

Whether people agree or disagree with him, I think we all need to appreciate all the effort he has put in for the SBT.

rupert_bear

How can any one who says they are a fan disagree with him or anyone else having a go regarding how our club is being run, if how things are currently carry on as they are I doubt we will have a football club to follow soon.

ashbyjan

Steve is big and ugly enough to speak for himself but I for one would like to state publicly my thanks and appreciation for all that he has done for the SBT and the fans in general. He has dedicated an extraordinary amount of time and effort (and money) to the club he loves and I for one will be buying him a drink at Charlton by way of thanks (Pint of G and T I believe!) His reasons for stepping down are basically two-fold. One he has a very successful business that is taking up a lot of his time and secondly whilst Trust Chair he has had to be "diplomatic" in what he has been able to say - now in his new found role heading up the Fight The Jimmy Hill Way Alliance he can stop biting his tongue and is free to say exactly what he thinks of our owners, the people running the club, the council, the CSF etc and act in a manner that will have the most direct impact but would not be seen by some as appropriate for the Chair of a supporters Trust.

Nick

Administrator
How can any one who says they are a fan disagree with him or anyone else having a go regarding how our club is being run, if how things are currently carry on as they are I doubt we will have a football club to follow soon.

Nobody disagrees with him and his love for the club, people disagree with the methods and approach.

That's all.

Brylowes

A group of people who give up their own time to take the fight to the scum who are
Systematically killing our club, and all some can do is ridicule and dismiss.
It's like a couple of weeks ago when people were crying about people calling TF nasty
Names, if this attitude is truly representative of the fanbase, then this club will certainly
Die on its arse.
I don't know anyone from the trust, but I appreciate their efforts on behalf of the fans,
in the face of unethical, devious and secretive owners, and it seems unsupportive
Supporters.

shmmeee

Really showing your class in this thread SBT. Proof, if it were needed, that this place is full of 12 year old keyboard warrriors.

Met Steve a few times, didn't always agree with what he did, but have huge amounts of respect for the fact it always came from a good place and the guy obviously loves the club, also came across as fair and calm, which you can't say about everyone in this debate. Got the impression that he got more shit than he deserved (as anyone brave enough to actually stand up for the club rather than bitch on here does).

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Is he SteveB on here?

Always comes across well enough on here.

Interesting seeing Otis' comment knowing him a little bit. I like the fact that I don't know who any of you are and have never met any of you. I've visions of what a lot of you look like and reckon I'd be disappointed if I ever met you ;-)

If you're bigger than 5 foot tall (in height!!) you've shattered my illusion of you!

Otis

Is he SteveB on here?

Always comes across well enough on here.

Interesting seeing Otis' comment knowing him a little bit. I like the fact that I don't know who any of you are and have never met any of you. I've visions of what a lot of you look like and reckon I'd be disappointed if I ever met you ;-)
I know Steve Brown because he used to be involved with Coventry Bears American football team and I know AshbyJan because I am sleeping with his wife.

Keep it hush, hush though, as he is not aware. ;)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Good luck to him. He has put a lot of effort, time and money in to trying to change things for the better. He has taken a lot of stick and abuse from fans and others. Yet still wants to try to make a difference. Some may think his efforts failed, I wouldn't agree, but at least he tried

You don't have to like his methods, don't even have to like him but next time people deride his like perhaps they should ask what it is they are doing to make any difference at all

Monners

The guy clearly cares and anyone slinging mud in his direction should have a good look at themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread