Stand up if you've never watched Wasps (1 Viewer)

Grendel

OK I will.

Their plan to move the club nearly 100 miles away from their supporters was disgusting. Are you saying that there was nothing they could have done that was closer?

You say that you don't do home games since we went to Northampton. But you have watched Wasps since they moved much further. Yet you don't see any contradiction.

It doesn’t matter because they buy into Eastwoods absurd statement that considering the traffic around Wycombe it’s easier for the fans to travel to Coventry. A real Fisherism if ever there was one.

torchomatic

Without moving. They would have gone bust. Yes they didn’t have to love to Cov. But what a great business decision

Explain why I would need to ease my conscience?

They were offered a purpose built stadium in London but declined.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Another win too. What a great season. I would love to see them back at the top and showing Wasps who the City’s rugby team really are.

It won't happen Cov won't and don't plan to 'match' Wasps that's one thing that should be made clear.

Let Cov become a stable Championship club first.

Look after and support our boys in blue and white first.

Brighton Sky Blue

Regardless of how we arrived at this situation, Wasps owning the ground has now made it such that the football club is permanently at a major disadvantage and the real Cov rugby will be second fiddle. It will only change if Wasps fuck off either through failure or through seizing on a ground in a more lucrative area.

I don't see what is to celebrate about that. It appeals to the modern spectator who can wave a flag and have an overpriced snack in the process but cares more about the experience than the club. Won't be long before all the seats and the bricks are changed and you'd have little idea this ground was built for the city's football team and not an opportunistic hedge fund managed franchise.

I've never gone and never will.

Hobo

I have never been to a Wasps game. Will be going in January but only because Ulster are in town. It will be "Stand up for the Ulster men, stand up for the Ulster men..."

pusbccfc

Haven't seen the Wasps because, despite what some people think, rugby is shit.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I know 1 person who should go and see the Wasps judging by comments of son and family .He might learn something about entertaining the punters before, during and after the game. Mr Fisher . When they left well over an hour after the game the exhibition hall was still over half full.

Ashdown

Some city fans are pathetic towards Wasps. The blame of our current plight lies with Richardson, Robinson and more over SISU. Had a season ticket with city for 25 years before Northampton, haven’t and won’t be back until SISU have gone, as much as it hurts.

Had a season ticket with wasps since they came, they run a club property, treat the fans right and it’s top class rugby on the door step.

I hate what’s happened to city but it’s not wasps fault.
Oh dear, poor and a traitor !

Skybluefaz

I know 1 person who should go and see the Wasps judging by comments of son and family .He might learn something about entertaining the punters before, during and after the game. Mr Fisher . When they left well over an hour after the game the exhibition hall was still over half full.
Bollocks, it's not football. We've got nothing to learn from those cunts.

letsallsingtogether

Wow this old chestnut again.
Must have been to much Port drinking today.
PUSB
Bring on the Vale

christonabike

Wasps bought an empty stadium on the cheap as Sisu fooked us off to Northampton.
No problem there but no not been. Beer halls decent pies and pre match entertainment what are they thinking!
I know the £1.2 m rent was never going to happen for long but when Fish face agreed to £300k and said a deal is done and Joy renaged on the deal we were fooked.

Irish Sky Blue

It won't happen Cov won't and don't plan to 'match' Wasps that's one thing that should be made clear.

Let Cov become a stable Championship club first.

Look after and support our boys in blue and white first.
I am sure they haven’t put a ceiling on how far they want to go. It may take time but I am sure that they would want to go as high as they could.

letsallsingtogether

Wasps bought an empty stadium on the cheap as Sisu fooked us off to Northampton.
No problem there but no not been. Beer halls decent pies and pre match entertainment what are they thinking!
I know the £1.2 m rent was never going to happen for long but when Fish face agreed to £300k and said a deal is done and Joy renaged on the deal we were fooked.
She also said she would never return to the Ricoh.
She called there bluff and failed, even Fisher said no one else would buy it he was warned but laughed it off.

covcity4life

Went 1 game with free tickets to chsperone my nephew who gor the tickets from school and eanted ti go as all his mates went

BORING SPORT

Brilliant activoties for kids after though

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I am sure they haven’t put a ceiling on how far they want to go. It may take time but I am sure that they would want to go as high as they could.

But for the foreseeable future Cov turning full time is a bigger priority.that has proven to be the downfall and the end for many clubs in recent years. Worst nightmare would be trying to catch up to compete with Wasps at the cost of the club.

I think most hoped CCFC having a resurgence would knock Wasps back now that's not happening people are hoping CRFC are the battering ram on Wasps.

CovBurty

not interested in Rugby. If I was, I would support my local team Cov Rugby. Wasps can do one. Regardless of all the politics it's a shit sport imo. Football far better sport, can't help but feel bitter towards those Coventrians paying to support Wasps. They are traitors to this City. Wasps are a London club. Just ask yourself why. That's all.

chiefdave

Its a no for me, never have and never will. Since I've moved back to Cov I don't think there's a game thats gone by where free tickets haven't been on offer at work.

Quite simple for me, they shouldn't be here. It is unacceptable to move a club around the country solely for the owners financial benefit. Its an unacceptable way to treat the existing fan base. Its an unacceptable for our council to outright lie to taxpayers. Its unacceptable as Coventry already had a rugby team. Its unacceptable that the local media failed to raise any questions.

Its an embarrassment to the city. Fans of other rugby clubs expected it to fail spectacularly and Wasps be playing at a virtually empty Ricoh as it was unthinkable that people would turn up to see a side franchised in. The way people have responded would be an embarrassment to any city let alone one where we have had our football team removed and thousands marching through the street in protest.

As bad as SISU and previous owners have been it was all reversible until the moment the council sold the Ricoh.

singers_pore

I hate rugby and I hate Wasps. But I do agree with this post. At MLS games you get a much better all round experience on a match day, particularly when it comes to food and beverage. The US clubs also do more to make you feel part of the club as a supporter. That goodwill pays off big time as fans willingly pay higher ticket prices.

dongonzalos

Never been to watch them.
I presume I never will. However I am hearing from more and more people particularly those with children about what a great family experience it is.

Last edited:

skyblue025

I haven't been to a Wasps game. I do like Rugby though. The real sickener for me is Wasps seem to be doing exactly what Shitsu should of done and making a success of the Ricoh. They have more than doubled their crowds and made it a place where you can take your kids. The free ticket thing is nothing new, as a nipper at school I got freebies for City, Cov Rugby and Leicester Tiger games.
The dynamic is a lot different at Rugby games to Football. You rarely get the hostile and aggressive behaviour to players, officials and other fans you get at football. You just need to look at the threads on here of people complaining about fans kicking off with their own fans/getting abused etc at games to see why some parents don't want to subject their kids to it. My dad took me to my first games mid 70's so I grew up with the hooliganism of that era so a bit of bad language seems small potatoes now.

pipkin73

Some city fans are pathetic towards Wasps. The blame of our current plight lies with Richardson, Robinson and more over SISU. Had a season ticket with city for 25 years before Northampton, haven’t and won’t be back until SISU have gone, as much as it hurts.

Had a season ticket with wasps since they came, they run a club property, treat the fans right and it’s top class rugby on the door step.

I hate what’s happened to city but it’s not wasps fault.
Really need a 2 fingered emoji for this.

shmmeee

This forum is hilarious, you lot should see how sad you look.

“Ooh ooh I hate wasps so much I didn’t leave the house all summer in case I saw one!”

“I even hate the letter W A S and P, and have refused to watch Wife Swap in protest!”

“I work in Rugby and haven’t turned up in two years because I can’t stomach the thought of accidentally supporting the same sport!”

Get a life you lot.

pipkin73

Anyway thanks for scratching an itch while the kids slept off dinner. Back to them now.

To all city and wasps fans alike that respect the wishes and opinions of others I wish you a merry Christmas
Sod off. Fu k you wasps loving c un ts. We have a rugby club 100% win ratio. Back them not the London shit if you want winning rugby.

SkyBlueZack

This forum is hilarious, you lot should see how sad you look.

“Ooh ooh I hate wasps so much I didn’t leave the house all summer in case I saw one!”

“I even hate the letter W A S and P, and have refused to watch Wife Swap in protest!”

“I work in Rugby and haven’t turned up in two years because I can’t stomach the thought of accidentally supporting the same sport!”

Get a life you lot.

Felt the need to comment though? People don't like wasps because it's not right to move a club, remember? It's about more than just disliking wasps. It's the dislike of sport being used for greed and people's gain. Its morally wrong for a lot of people. Will voicing displeasure make a difference? Probably not, doesn't mean people shouldn't.

Speedies_Chips

Felt the need to comment though? People don't like wasps because it's not right to move a club, remember? It's about more than just disliking wasps. It's the dislike of sport being used for greed and people's gain. Its morally wrong for a lot of people. Will voicing displeasure make a difference? Probably not, doesn't mean people shouldn't.

But to do it on Xmas day after too many sherries is a bit sad. There must be better ways of spending the day.

Users who are viewing this thread