Stand up if you've never watched Wasps (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
He is in the same boat and abstains. We get our fix at away games.

There is no shame but I will not directly give them a penny of my money.

I didn’t ditch them to watch the rugby. Both are completely different. I would have done they same had city owned the ground and took wasps as Tennant’s.
It's as if you are a copy and paste of pr sound bites. Wasps were going to go bust, if you go to city games it's giving sisu money.

You would be doing well to directly give sisu your money. Do you give it Eastwood cash in hand?

Nick

Administrator
Never been and been offers loads of freebies. My blood starts to boil everytime I see someone wearing wasps merchandise... Thankfully I don't have tourettes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I've only ever seen a couple on non match days. One was a guy who was above and beyond a full kit wanker.

Hat, top, jacket, bottoms and under armour trainers. Would follow him around the gym doubling the weight so he knew the score ;)

Other was a kid wearing a t shirt.

Same about freebies, baffling that people pay for them when they are pretty easy to get for most games.

It's as if you are a copy and paste of pr sound bites. Wasps were going to go bust, if you go to city games it's giving sisu money.

You would be doing well to directly give sisu your money. Do you give it Eastwood cash in hand?

Am I not entitled to agree with what I hear and read?

So any money paid to ccfc isn’t sisu’s then?

The money I give to wasps in my opinion is spent well and incredible value for money.

Nick

Administrator
Am I not entitled to agree with what I hear and read?

So any money paid to ccfc isn’t sisu’s then?

The money I give to wasps in my opinion is spent well and incredible value for money.
Well, you seem to know the ins and outs of wasps and they were going to go bust to make up your mind to support them. However you are showing you aren't really basing your boycott of the team you say you supported as a kid on much factually.

So yes, obviously just easily led with sound bytes.

It does sound text book and like the guy I used to talk to in the gym (not full kit guy) who had no internet and only got his info from the telegraph.

Well, you seem to know the ins and outs of wasps and they were going to go bust to make up your mind to support them. However you are showing you aren't really basing your boycott of the team you say you supported as a kid on much factually.

So yes, obviously just easily led with sound bytes.

I am boycotting my team with many others to say enough is enough. I am able to read and digest facts enough to formulate and understanding of my own. Which I have done.

NortonSkyBlue

(stands up)

For that I'm clear all the blame for our plight falls at the door of CCFC owners past and present, I'm also never going to watch Wasps. The only time I saw them play was in the Premiership final in 2008, long before the current fiasco kicked off when I got a freebie Twickenham ticket, which hardly counts as "supporting them".
Sounds to me like you knew something!

Nick

Administrator
Facts inform an opinion.
Yes, two of the facts you have produced that you have based yours on are incorrect.

Exactly like the telegraph guy in the gym who would reel sound bytes off over and over.

The day the sisu accounts came out, he didn't realise they were sisus and was telling me as if they were ccfcs.

Yes, two of the facts you have produced that you have based yours on are incorrect.

Exactly like the telegraph guy in the gym who would reel sound bytes off over and over.

I repeat it is your opinion that those facts are incorrect

Unless you’re sitting down with a mince pie with Seppala and Richardson you can’t be sure of that.

NortonSkyBlue

Unless you’re sitting down with a mince pie with Seppala and Richardson you can’t be sure of that.
Merry Christmas trueskyblue82!
You are free to support anybody you want and I am delighted you enjoy it so much but I must ask why your name is not trueWasp82 or lapsedskyblue82?

Nick

Administrator

I'm not sure you are following. You have produced 2 incorrect facts, that's not opinion. I don't need to sit with either of them.

If you want to hide behind the "that's your opinion" when people correct you that's up to you. It shows you have read what you wanted to to form an opinion.

Again, you have reeled off sound bytes.

I'm not sure you are following. You have produced 2 incorrect facts, that's not opinion. I don't need to sit with either of them.

If you want to hide behind the "that's your opinion" when people correct you that's up to you. It shows you have read what you wanted to to form an opinion.

Again, you have reeled off sound bytes.

Please do enlighten me with the truth as you seem to know all.....

1. Going to a game isn't giving sisu money directly. That's a fact.
2. Didn't wasps turn down an option of something closer to home? What have you seen to show they were going bust if they didn't move, apart from the pr machine after their move?

1 sisu own Coventry City. Yes it doesn’t go into their pocket every £ is a £ they have to find elsewhere

2 Wasps had other options. From the meet and great with Richardson at the ground where Wasps outlined the reasons and vision.

Nick

Administrator
1 sisu own Coventry City. Yes it doesn’t go into their pocket every £ is a £ they have to find elsewhere

2 Wasps had other options. From the meet and great with Richardson at the ground where Wasps outlined the reasons and vision.
1. So what are you basing your directly giving sisu money comment on? You are now trying some warped logic. Every pound that ccfc doesn't get sisu don't have to get elsewhere. All you have done there is show your lack of understanding.

2. So they didn't have to move here as said and your source is Richardson when they were in a PR overdrive.

Exactly as I said, sound bytes..

Anyway thanks for scratching an itch while the kids slept off dinner. Back to them now.

To all city and wasps fans alike that respect the wishes and opinions of others I wish you a merry Christmas

Gazolba

I've never watched any kind of Rugby game in person, nor would I have any interest in doing do.
However, I say good luck to Wasps They are a business just like any other, trying to make it a success and doing pretty well so far.

fernandopartridge

Some city fans are pathetic towards Wasps. The blame of our current plight lies with Richardson, Robinson and more over SISU. Had a season ticket with city for 25 years before Northampton, haven’t and won’t be back until SISU have gone, as much as it hurts.

Had a season ticket with wasps since they came, they run a club property, treat the fans right and it’s top class rugby on the door step.

I hate what’s happened to city but it’s not wasps fault.
You're pathetic

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Without moving. They would have gone bust. Yes they didn’t have to love to Cov. But what a great business decision

Explain why I would need to ease my conscience?

They would only go bust if they overspent above their income streams.

So what you are really saying is that they did not have enough revenue to support their premier league ambition.

That’s all well and good but I’d say the same was true of say Huddersfield Town F.C. and to remain in the premier league they moved to an available stadium in London would you say the same?

If you do then you can’t criticise any move can you? If sisu were allowed to plant a league team in Belfast and 20,000 watched it and it’s a great business decision you wouldn’t be able to object unless you are grossly hypocritical- could you?

I, on the other hand, would be able to.

Grendel

The other point about these great businessmen is that we were told by the passionate NOPM crew that sisu would mainly use what at the time was considered a community asset to pike debt against such was their appalling morality.

This, seems now, to be “good business” - how strange.

Terry Gibson's perm

The other point about these great businessmen is that we were told by the passionate NOPM crew that sisu would mainly use what at the time was considered a community asset to pike debt against such was their appalling morality.

This, seems now, to be “good business” - how strange.

I think sisu would have an wasps have it is a disgrace and the council should hang their head in shame it should have remained a community asset

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The point about their owners being as morally bankrupt as ours is absolutely correct. I honestly do not understand how someone who calls themself a CCFC fan can even stomach the thought of Wasps existing here, let alone go and see them play live.

It's like finding out your missus has cheated on you, and then you start going to the pub with the guy she slept with. She may have led him on, and it may be mostly her fault, but he took advantage, and you'd be a complete idiot to to surrender to such Stockholm Syndrome.

It's also a massive case of glory supporting, something being a CCFC should have cleansed your DNA of. CRFC have been around for years, have you been? No, thought not.

I know a few people who don't go to the football anymore, but go to watch Wasps. It's pretty alarming actually. All the free tickets are also an attempt to pull the disillusioned football fans away and get them interested in Wasps. Dirty tactics no doubt and it would be naive to think otherwise.

I can only hope both CCFC and CRFC get promoted this year for a bit of justice and a check on my sanity.

Astute

Please do enlighten me with the truth as you seem to know all.....
OK I will.

Their plan to move the club nearly 100 miles away from their supporters was disgusting. Are you saying that there was nothing they could have done that was closer?

You say that you don't do home games since we went to Northampton. But you have watched Wasps since they moved much further. Yet you don't see any contradiction.

Users who are viewing this thread