Stand up if you've never watched Wasps (2 Viewers)

peeler

That's such a load of rubbish even Wasps don't pretend that any more. They've open said property is the priority and the rugby club is an afterthought.

Can you provide the source for this statement please?

rob9872

20 pages in and just joining to say I've never watched wasps. Also never seen Cov rugby either. Can just about tolerate England in a world cup but otherwise can't stand the game.

You can probably close the thread now after such a valid contribution.

chiefdave

Can you provide the source for this statement please?
Was in the Telegraph. They actually referred back to the earlier article italia posted. Was something along the lines of Wasps is a real estate business with a rugby club stuck on. Sure you can find it.

peeler

Was in the Telegraph. They actually referred back to the earlier article italia posted. Was something along the lines of Wasps is a real estate business with a rugby club stuck on. Sure you can find it.

Is that the Coventry Telegraph or The Telegraph? I've looked everywhere, but can't find it. You keep quoting it so I expected you to be able to find it.

italiahorse

peeler

I've found it, it was a quote taken from a business event that Richardson was speaking at.

Without hearing it in its full context it's worthless as it wasn't a sporting audience. For all we know it could of been tongue in cheek.

He is also quoted as saying:

"We’ve got the chance to build something great here, making Wasps the best club in Europe, and I’m really looking forwards to standing back and seeing what we’ve got in five or seven years."

fernandopartridge

I've found it, it was a quote taken from a business event that Richardson was speaking at.

Without hearing it in its full context it's worthless as it wasn't a sporting audience. For all we know it could of been tongue in cheek.

"We’ve got the chance to build something great here, making Wasps the best club in Europe, and I’m really looking forwards to standing back and seeing what we’ve got in five or seven years."
Pathetic

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Fuck off you moron.

Calista

Could of been?! What an irony.

Regarding the topic itself, you can't seriously be trying to pass over the quote in the Telegraph, which was "He added that the he saw Wasps as a real estate business 'with a rugby bit stuck on'". It may often look like I'm some kind of Wasps enthusiast, but in reality I'm completely realistic that the people are just as awful as SISU (only much better at it, and a million times more in tune with how to win over a local authority). Accepting and understanding their move, and defending the people who watch them, doesn’t mean I worship the people behind their dealings, as you appear to do. I doubt if there's a big sports club left in the country which isn't run by spivs.

Nick

Administrator
I used the NEC as an example because people on SBT have actually mentioned it as a viable place for CCFC. We’re not talking Meriden here, we’re talking the NEC, which most definitely isn’t on the outskirts of Coventry. It’s Birmingham.

People endlessly trundle out the line “If you’re OK about Wasps, by definition you’d have to support Coventry City moving 80 miles”. It’s bollocks.

I could equally say “If Coventry City can play on the edge of Birmingham, by definition you must think Wimbledon would have been OK they’d only moved as far as Leatherhead”. Also complete and insulting bollocks.

It’s not purely about distance, it’s about identifying with a specific place and the reaction of fans.
Bollocks, there is plenty of straight forward hypocrisy. Change wasps for ccfc, the distance and name change and suddenly it's not ok from people who are going on about wasps being great. People from the trust backing it, local media and councils months after preaching about moving clubs.

As I said, far too many people have to be told what to think.

peeler

Brilliant, doesn't fit in with your agenda so its worthless :emoji_laughing:

It's actually the opposite, that quote fits your agenda, so you've latched on to ignoring the hundreds of other quotes by the same guy.

I shall remind you of an often used saying 'Actions speak louder that words'.

What I see the Wasps hierarchy trying everything in their power to put onto the pitch a first class Rugby team capable of winning trophies, give them a few years and they undoubtedly will.

SISU on the other hand, couldn't give a rats ass about CCFC, all they are interested in is litigation.

Nick

Administrator
It's actually the opposite, that quote fits your agenda, so you've latched on to ignoring the hundreds of other quotes by the same guy.

I shall remind you of an often used saying 'Actions speak louder that words'.

What I see the Wasps hierarchy trying everything in their power to put onto the pitch a first class Rugby team capable of winning trophies, give them a few years and they undoubtedly will.

SISU on the other hand, couldn't give a rats ass about CCFC, all they are interested in is litigation.

What I see here is another fine example of hypocrisy and somebody who goes on about what they will / won't do because of principles but in reality they are a sheep. Funnily enough only here to push their nonsense agenda, at least Italia has an interest in CCFC and can at least comment on what happens on the pitch.

Seems like you and SISU have something in common then, more irony.

peeler

What I see here is another fine example of hypocrisy and somebody who goes on about what they will / won't do because of principles but in reality they are a sheep. Funnily enough only here to push their nonsense agenda, at least Italia has an interest in CCFC and can at least comment on what happens on the pitch.

Seems like you and SISU have something in common then, more irony.

Absolute nonsense again.

Nick

Administrator
Absolute nonsense again.

Feel free to disprove it.

No mention of anything CCFC, signed up at the same time as other Wasps fans to post about Wasps and consistent in only posting about Wasps.

It's there for anybody to see, as I have said in the past you are more than welcome to be like Italia who at least posts about CCFC sometimes but if you are just here to post about Wasps and Wasps only then that's not how it works. Moan about bullying all you want, it's a CCFC forum. Have no time for your half arsed principled, propaganda copy and paste bullshit while you show no interest in CCFC or even bother to mention them.

I will take a leaf out of the Wasps's Forum book. It is up to you.

peeler

Feel free to disprove it.

No mention of anything CCFC, signed up at the same time as other Wasps fans to post about Wasps and consistent in only posting about Wasps.

It's there for anybody to see, as I have said in the past you are more than welcome to be like Italia who at least posts about CCFC sometimes but if you are just here to post about Wasps and Wasps only then that's not how it works. Moan about bullying all you want, it's a CCFC forum. Have no time for your half arsed principled, propaganda copy and paste bullshit while you show no interest in CCFC or even bother to mention them.

Thank you for acknowledging I'm free to disapprove, I disprove of most of what you write.

I'll post on CCFC posts when I have something relevant to say about the football, I'm a lapsed supporter at the moment as you know, so I only hear the commentary on CWR.
I must admit, despite being 3rd in L2 it's not inspiring stuff at the moment.

I believe this thread is in the Football & Other Sport/Wasps section of you forum.

If you have no time for my post, then stop replying to them or do you always have to have the last word.

Nick

Administrator
Thank you for acknowledging I'm free to disapprove, I disprove of most of what you write.

I'll post on CCFC posts when I have something relevant to say about the football, I'm a lapsed supporter at the moment as you know, so I only hear the commentary on CWR.

I believe this thread is in the Football & Other Sport/Wasps section of you forum.

If you have no time for my post, then stop replying to them or do you always have to have the last word.

No, I have no time for people just trying to use this site to push Wasps propaganda and nonsense without an interest in CCFC.

I believe this site is a CCFC fans forum, as I said please start discussing CCFC within CCFC threads. If you aren't willing to then you won't post at all, it's as simple as that. As I said with Italia, he may well peddle their lines and love Wasps but he still does actively post about CCFC when he posts on here.

You can cry bullying and all that nonsense all you like, you can do it on the Wasps fans forum where ironically they would have banned you months ago for trying the same nonsense in reverse.

Again, it is up to you.

peeler

No, I have no time for people just trying to use this site to push Wasps propaganda and nonsense without an interest in CCFC.

I believe this site is a CCFC fans forum, as I said please start discussing CCFC within CCFC threads. If you aren't willing to then you won't post at all, it's as simple as that.

More bullying.

Grendel

From memory I believed you stated you lived in the north of England. You can’t get match day commentary on CWR can you outside the area?

Grendel

How is it bullying? I have no interest in Rover Metros, hence I'm not on their owners club.

Should I take that as you clearly not going to bother discussing CCFC?

He wants you to ban him

peeler

Bullying? Behave.

How is it bullying? I have no interest in Rover Metros, hence I'm not on their owners club.

Should I take that as you clearly not going to bother discussing CCFC?

I'm sure Zack was having a go at me, so why are you quoting him. I'll discuss CCFC when the time is right.

When SISU took over the average gate at the Ricoh was 19K+, it's now 7K (Can't be bothered to look up the exact figure), I was a season ticket holder at that time, so I'm one of the 12K+ missing fans.
I have no time or money for SISU, when they go I'll be back, that's if there is a club to go back to.
In the meantime I'd bide my time & remember the good years (not that there was many).

Nick

Administrator
What's that got to do with what I said? I quoted you saying it.

You don't get to decide how much of your propaganda bullshit you push on here without discussing CCFC. (That's CCFC)

If you aren't willing to discuss CCFC, you won't post. Simple as that.

Generally Midfield

Blimey, you’re not ruling out Coventry City playing on the outskirts of Birmingham? And the reaction of other fans wouldn’t matter, only whether it suited you to go? You’ve completely astonished me with that to be honest, after all the talk about the absolute principle of sports clubs not moving. Seems like there are shades of grey after all, which is all I've ever said.

On the one hand there are shades of grey and every move is different, but I then come back to the point that if every move is different and it is all shades of grey then people can always find an argument to support moving whether its us to Northampton, wasps here or whatever else. My point about believing in principle that either franchise moves are ok or clubs need to be rooted in a place means there's an objective starting point rather than anyone being able to subjectively justify anything on the basis that each move is different and its all shades of grey with no clear rights or wrongs.

wingy

What's that got to do with what I said? I quoted you saying it.

You don't get to decide how much of your propaganda bullshit you push on here without discussing CCFC. (That's CCFC)

If you aren't willing to discuss CCFC, you won't post. Simple as that.
You seem to have turned into a Meglamaniac. Not sure I've ever seen Zack post on a match on here tbh.
Where's Bob gone, how on earth will we find out who's Birthday it is?
You're such a free spirited libertarian kind of guy I'm surprised you manage to coalesce with any fan.
Maybe thats why your Happy the Lower the fan base and posters on you're site.

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

I've never really got the "you don't post on a match day thread" argument.......I rarely, if ever, post on them although I do speed read them on occasion.

If I'm at the game (not that often these days) then why would I want to be pissing about on my phone?

If I'm not at the game, then its usually Betfair or the BBC that keeps me up to date with City whilst I busy myself with other things.....

Nick should still pay SW88 every week though:emoji_money_mouth:

Nick

Administrator
You seem to have turned into a Megamaniac. Not sure I've ever seen Zack post on a match on here tbh.
Where's Bob gone, how on earth will we find out who's Birthday it is?
You're such a free spirited libertarian kind of guy I'm surprised you manage to coalesce with any fan.
Maybe thats why your Happy the Lower the fan base and posters on you're site.

Bob Latchford hasn't been banned as far as I can see so I have no idea, his account is fully active.

People would probably get a shock if they used other forums, some ban people if they don't post so many posts a month. Lots would have banned Peeler a lot quicker, including the Wasps site. This site is very loosely moderated compared to most on the internet.

I'd say a Wasps fan being banned from posting all over a CCFC site with no input with regards to CCFC isn't strange at all.

Users who are viewing this thread