Stand up if you've never watched Wasps (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

I reckon you should have a "naughty step" room within the forum Nick.......you could then sin-bin posters for a length of time where they could only post from the naughty step.....and the rest of us could point & laugh at them.

Now, I really need to fuck off & do some werk.......or I may have to ask you to ban me just to save me wasting so much time chatting shit.

wingy

Bob Latchford hasn't been banned as far as I can see so I have no idea, his account is fully active.

People would probably get a shock if they used other forums, some ban people if they don't post so many posts a month. Lots would have banned Peeler a lot quicker, including the Wasps site. This site is very loosely moderated compared to most on the internet.

I'd say a Wasps fan being banned from posting all over a CCFC site with no input with regards to CCFC isn't strange at all.
He says he's a lapsed ST holder as am I.

Nick

Administrator
He says he's a lapsed ST holder as am I.

I'd guess without counting you also have thousands of posts about CCFC and still do post about them rather than just every post about Wasps. Same with Italia, he posts lots about Wasps but in fairness still some about CCFC.

If I signed up to the Wasps forum to just post about CCFC with no interest in Wasps I would be banned also.

Grendel

I'd guess without counting you also have thousands of posts about CCFC and still do post about them rather than just every post about Wasps. Same with Italia, he posts lots about Wasps but in fairness still some about CCFC.

If I signed up to the Wasps forum to just post about CCFC with no interest in Wasps I would be banned also.

Correct - I lasted about 40 posts and got the chop - I was told fans only interested in football aren’t welcome.

Calista

On the one hand there are shades of grey and every move is different, but I then come back to the point that if every move is different and it is all shades of grey then people can always find an argument to support moving whether its us to Northampton, wasps here or whatever else. My point about believing in principle that either franchise moves are ok or clubs need to be rooted in a place means there's an objective starting point rather than anyone being able to subjectively justify anything on the basis that each move is different and its all shades of grey with no clear rights or wrongs.
I know what you mean, but the shades of grey could be illustrated by the NEC example. For me, the outskirts of Coventry is OK, the outskirts of Birmingham isn’t. So the NEC / Birmingham International is unequivocally not right, and surely nearly all Sky Blues fans would agree. When they build a western road around Coventry past the University etc., a site within that would be OK by most people I’m sure (although completely mad from a land use point of view, given the existence of the Ricoh). But if a site came up somewhere in the Meriden area, we’d all be arguing like mad about it. And the financial & political circumstances etc. at the time would all come into whether it was sensible. There are your shades of grey.

italiahorse

Correct - I lasted about 40 posts and got the chop - I was told fans only interested in football aren’t welcome.

You were a tosser on there. Nothing constructive and insults to posters.
Bit like you are on here. Unsupported 'facts' and personal insults when an alternative view is given.
Happy New Year ;)

Calista

Regarding the banning of users, I can’t see the merit in it really, and where would the fun come from? Peeler’s awful grammar has had me grinning from ear to ear, given the way he was policing people’s punctuation the other day.

Just let people say what they want, because everyone on here is capable of judging it for themselves without the need for anyone to interpret it for them, or keep putting it down. If there’s technical proof that somebody is abusing the system with multiple accounts etc., that’s different.

Generally Midfield

I know what you mean, but the shades of grey could be illustrated by the NEC example. For me, the outskirts of Coventry is OK, the outskirts of Birmingham isn’t. So the NEC / Birmingham International is unequivocally not right, and surely nearly all Sky Blues fans would agree. When they build a western road around Coventry past the University etc., a site within that would be OK by most people I’m sure (although completely mad from a land use point of view, given the existence of the Ricoh). But if a site came up somewhere in the Meriden area, we’d all be arguing like mad about it. And the financial & political circumstances etc. at the time would all come into whether it was sensible. There are your shades of grey.

I wonder if another way of looking at is as a 'slippery slope'. If there isn't an in principle view that moving from an area is wrong in itself, then moving just a mile the other side of a boundary might seem reasonable. But if 1 mile is ok why not 5 miles? If 5 miles is ok why not 10 miles? Driving 35 miles on a motorway can be quicker than a shorter distance on other roads so travel time could be another grey area. So is that then a slippery slope and before you know it its ok to move 80 miles to a different region of the country?!?

italiahorse

I wonder if another way of looking at is as a 'slippery slope'. If there isn't an in principle view that moving from an area is wrong in itself, then moving just a mile the other side of a boundary might seem reasonable. But if 1 mile is ok why not 5 miles? If 5 miles is ok why not 10 miles? Driving 35 miles on a motorway can be quicker than a shorter distance on other roads so travel time could be another grey area. So is that then a slippery slope and before you know it its ok to move 80 miles to a different region of the country?!?

You need to make a judgement on whether moving is sustainable.
I would say that with Football there are very few areas to move too (if any) and in that respect the further you go the more fans you loose.
Get it wrong like Sisu did in Northampton and you could go out of business.
Luckily the Ricoh was still available but that may not always be the case.

Calista

Bollocks, there is plenty of straight forward hypocrisy. Change wasps for ccfc, the distance and name change and suddenly it's not ok from people who are going on about wasps being great. People from the trust backing it, local media and councils months after preaching about moving clubs.

As I said, far too many people have to be told what to think.

Sorry Nick, I saw this and tried to let it go but can’t.

People saying CCFC can’t leave Coventry isn’t preaching, it’s arguing for the right thing in the matter that directly concerns us as City fans. What would Coventry City at the NEC or Bermuda Park be other than a franchise? We could be renamed the West Midlands Warriors or the North Warks Norsemen at any time.

Seems to me that if you defend CCFC playing in Coventry to the hilt, whilst allowing the world of rugby to make its own decisions, you get slagged off as a hypocrite with double standards. It might possibly be a fair cop but …

Meanwhile people who bang on about the immoralities of Wasps (which is preaching), yet would consider moving us to Birmingham, or keep pointing out that Northampton was only temporary, get a free pass because of their superior morality and sheer bloody consistency?

Nick

Administrator
Sorry Nick, I saw this and tried to let it go but can’t.

People saying CCFC can’t leave Coventry isn’t preaching, it’s arguing for the right thing in the matter that directly concerns us as City fans. What would Coventry City at the NEC or Bermuda Park be other than a franchise? We could be renamed the West Midlands Warriors or the North Warks Norsemen at any time.

Seems to me that if you defend CCFC playing in Coventry to the hilt, whilst allowing the world of rugby to make its own decisions, you get slagged off as a hypocrite with double standards. It might possibly be a fair cop but …

Meanwhile people who bang on about the immoralities of Wasps (which is preaching), yet would consider moving us to Birmingham, or keep pointing out that Northampton was only temporary, get a free pass because of their superior morality and sheer bloody consistency?

If Leicester Tigers moved to the Ricoh temporarily it would be completely different to Wasps moving here for good wouldn't it? I'd see that differently to a permanent move. I'd see Wasps moving temporarily to a permanent move.

It's hardly just allowing the world of rugby to make it's own decisions is it?

Read back through the Wasps threads, I have never mentioned anything about the blokes from the Rugby clubs who will love wasps being here, few beers etc fair play to them. It's the people who had previously been on constantly about moving teams. The media, the council, fans groups etc.

I gave you an example, somebody saying if CCFC played at bermuda the fans who went were selfish etc yet going to the media to say how great wasps were. Yes, it is hypocrisy and double standards.

There are people who have been consistent, I often point that out too ;)

italiahorse

If Leicester Tigers moved to the Ricoh temporarily it would be completely different to Wasps moving here for good wouldn't it? I'd see that differently to a permanent move. I'd see Wasps moving temporarily to a permanent move.

It's hardly just allowing the world of rugby to make it's own decisions is it?

Read back through the Wasps threads, I have never mentioned anything about the blokes from the Rugby clubs who will love wasps being here, few beers etc fair play to them. It's the people who had previously been on constantly about moving teams. The media, the council, fans groups etc.

I gave you an example, somebody saying if CCFC played at bermuda the fans who went were selfish etc yet going to the media to say how great wasps were. Yes, it is hypocrisy and double standards.

There are people who have been consistent, I often point that out too ;)

Its different.
Most CCFC supporters just want their team in Coventry.
Selfishly, like me, Wasps supporters from this area just started supporting Wasps when they arrived and started enjoying it.
Hypocrisy ? No just enjoying it and if Wasps original supporters seem okay with it so I have a clear conscience.
In reality this hypocrite battle is just about CCFC loosing the stadium rather than the morals and I can understand that.

ccfcway

I said you can't judge anything based on Fisher saying he had a plan .

I couldn't give 2 hoots about wasps, but cant believe we have resigned ourselves that its acceptable not to be able to believe what the chairman of our club says

Grendel

I couldn't give 2 hoots about wasps, but cant believe we have resigned ourselves that its acceptable not to be able to believe what the chairman of our club says

Would you trust what Eastwood says?

chiefdave

To cap a great weekend they were handed their arse by local rivals Saracens today. Wahey!
A top of the table clash against a team who are traditionally one of their biggest rivals and they barely managed more than we got yesterday.

Saw one parent on twitter saying his son's club had taken 8 coach loads on freebies!

fernandopartridge

A top of the table clash against a team who are traditionally one of their biggest rivals and they barely managed more than we got yesterday.

Saw one parent on twitter saying his son's club had taken 8 coach loads on freebies!
What was the gate?

Tradition means nothing to the people who watch them now

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Otis

17,677 down from 30,115 last season according to wiki.
And ours up to 14,000. The plan is working!!
giphy.gif

duffer

Shame people can't just enjoy a great weekend without bleating about Wasps all the time.

For some of us who don't profit from the franchise, and don't much care for it either, seeing them lose improves the weekend no end.

It's a pity that some people can't see past their own self-interest and feel obliged to keep droning on in support of them.

italiahorse

For some of us who don't profit from the franchise, and don't much care for it either, seeing them lose improves the weekend no end.

It's a pity that some people can't see past their own self-interest and feel obliged to keep droning on in support of them.

You guys into self flagellation are in the wrong place then ?
I'm trying to educate you in reality, it's up to you if you take it on board, or not.

Skyblueweeman

I’ve never been to Wasps. Oh, and today, despite winning, they’ve not made it through to the QFs of the European Cup.

Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Better to have tried and lost than never have tried at all ?
The equivalent would be us winning a game to get Villa through while completely destroying our pitch. Don't think you'll find many fans who would class that as better than anything.

Skyblueweeman

Better to have tried and lost than never have tried at all ?

You could say that to be fair.

But I won’t. I’m glad they’ve not progressed.

Everyone has teams they hate and don’t want to see progress, right? I’m sure there’s a team or an individual in a given sport that even you’re not fond of Italia?

Me, Wasps fall into the same category as Man Utd, Nicolas Kyrigos, Celtic, Australian cricket team, Jordan Speith and Justin Gatlin. Not hatred (in all of them...), just would rather see others win/progres than them.

Speith is a great golfer to be fair. I just think at times he’s a bit of a prat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Had a letter home from my boys school offering cheap tickets for a rugby game but it’s from Leicester tigers.

Obviously our landlords are not an attractive team to watch and there is no mention of the great rivalry that the landlords like to portray.

With it being just down the road you would think lots of their followers would travel

italiahorse

Had a letter home from my boys school offering cheap tickets for a rugby game but it’s from Leicester tigers.

Obviously our landlords are not an attractive team to watch and there is no mention of the great rivalry that the landlords like to portray.

With it being just down the road you would think lots of their followers would travel

Its £40 a ticket in the cheap seats. Coventry people are very thrifty

This would be more interesting

Wasps v Coventry: 'No reason' why clubs can't meet

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread