Stadium plans (1 Viewer)

pipkin73

Spoke to someone connected to the club today and I asked about the stadium situation.

I was told that the club are hopeful of a Ricoh return, but if things don't work out they have
2 places identified for a new stadium. 1 is the old Peugeot Ryton site and the other site was
secret, but it was not Brandon or the Uni sites.

He said that he had seen plans for the new stadium and it was a 12,000 seater based on
Doncasters Keepmoat Stadium.

georgehudson

i've also heard whispers, but of course, it's not good to relay those whispers,
for fear of, 'you know what' ?
somewhere, in the ether is the essence of Coventry City,
let those who have US @ heart step forward

mds

Stepping forward, unfortunately it is with my heart and not my wallet!

Flying Fokker

I don't see many people going to either of those places. By the time a new stadium is built the fans will be rolling up to it on mobility scooters.

People complained about the Ricoh being too far out. No doubt a couple of thousand got used to it.

The club continues to die the longer we stay out of the city.

bigfatronssba

The Keepmoat stadium?

If that's the case then after a season there fans will be longing for a return to the charismatic and atmospheric Ricoh.

Regis87

Spoke to someone connected to the club today and I asked about the stadium situation.

I was told that the club are hopeful of a Ricoh return, but if things don't work out they have
2 places identified for a new stadium. 1 is the old Peugeot Ryton site and the other site was

He said that he had seen plans for the new stadium and it was a 12,000 seater based on

I heard 6 months ago it was Peugeot from a " reliable source " although he has never mentioned any other sites ,
I have also been told about ongoing talks for the past few weeks about returning to the Ricoh although publicly this has been dismissed .
( please don't shoot the messanger )!!

SkyblueBazza

I heard 6 months ago it was Peugeot from a " reliable source " although he has never mentioned any other sites ,
I have also been told about ongoing talks for the past few weeks about returning to the Ricoh although publicly this has been dismissed .
( please don't shoot the messanger )!!

I think we SHOULD shoot the messenger(s). It might alleviate some of the tedium going over the same old ground (no pun intended) time after time.
No offence

CarpyCov84

spoke to someone connected to the club today and i asked about the stadium situation.

I was told that the club are hopeful of a ricoh return, but if things don't work out they have
2 places identified for a new stadium. 1 is the old peugeot ryton site and the other site was
secret, but it was not brandon or the uni sites.

doncasters keepmoat stadium.

bullshit !!!

Skybluepiglet

Are you sure you don't mean we will be Groundsharing with Doncaster at The Keepmoat ;)

And the plan is should we reach the dizzy heights of the Premiership we can Play our Home games at Celtic park as a thank you to Pressley for his achievement
and a chance for him to visit family and friends every other week.

Last edited:

shmmeee

So a mini-Ricoh then? How is that HR2?

12k, our average gate was almost 150% of that when these idiots took over! Now it's all the capacity we need.

RoboCCFC90

Are you sure you don't mean we will be Groundsharing with Doncaster at The Keepmoat ;)

And the plan is should we reach the dizzy heights of the Premiership we can Play our Home games at Celtic park as a thank you to Pressley for his achievement
and a chance for him to visit family and friends every other week

Steven Pressley has relocated his family to Coventry piglet.

luwalla

one minute its 2 sites.. then its 4 sites.. then we are officially linked with brandon with heads of agreement reached.. then brandon definitely isnt one of the sites.

matesx

20,000 would be the ideal size

build it in modular form so that it can easily be increased if the need ever arises

covcity4life

all these people saying there wont be a new stadium also said a deal would be struck to stay at ricoh and we wouldnt ground share didnt they?

its easy to be confident when you just ignore all the times you are wrong.

Skybluepiglet

It's a huge commitment to build a new stadium...moving away from the Ricoh is logistically & Financially child's play.

That's where I think the difference is stark.

hill83

It's a huge commitment to build a new stadium...moving away from the Ricoh is logistically & Financially child's play.

That's where I think the difference is stark.

I agree, but windmilling in with IT WON'T HAPPEN LOL is daft.

chiefdave

1 is the old Peugeot Ryton site and the other site was secret, but it was not Brandon or the Uni sites.

Wasn't the old Peugeot site ruled out as they'd had some sort of funding that restricted the type of development or have I got that mixed up with somewhere else?

He said that he had seen plans for the new stadium and it was a 12,000 seater based on Doncasters Keepmoat Stadium.

This doesn't make sense to me, if they've had plans made why not show them to us? It's still a long way from actually building the thing but it's something to show they are at least moving forward.

rondog1973

No it isn't.

It's worth reminding people that Sisu's objective isn't long term investment in CCFC in order to make a successful, profitable business.

It is however, to starve ACL of income in order to financially stress, ultimately bankrupt so as to get first dabs on a firesaled Ricoh.

dongonzalos

It won't happen

7e9uru4a.jpg

Ashdown1

So we won't get any new SISU stadium but if we did the best we could hope for is a facility that would consign us to League 1 football for ever more at best !!?? Whooppeee !!

sky blue john

There will be no new stadium for the very fact that it doesn't make economic sense !!!!
Why fund the club at sixfields for the next 3 years on top of 20million minimum for a new stadium !!!!
In the meantime there will be no customers for the new stadium because the majority will have moved on !!!
If they have got money its better all round to be invested in at least a share of the Ricoh !!!!

I'm happy to be proved wrong if someone who believes that this stadium will happen can enlighten me with the economic benefits ???

hill83

There will be no new stadium for the very fact that it doesn't make economic sense !!!!
Why fund the club at sixfields for the next 3 years on top of 20million minimum for a new stadium !!!!
In the meantime there will be no customers for the new stadium because the majority will have moved on !!!
If they have got money its better all round to be invested in at least a share of the Ricoh !!!!

I'm happy to be proved wrong if someone who believes that this stadium will happen can enlighten me with the economic benefits ???

3. Overuse Exclamation and Question Marks.
Nothing shows your reader how serious you are better than five or six exclamation marks at the end of a sentence. Nothing will make your TA answer your question more quickly than a string of question marks. Bonus points for mixing the two in a question you really want answered. Extra bonus points for stuffing three or four exclamation marks into the middle of a sentence. If anything that should have been an exclamation mark actually comes out as the numeral '1', you can be sure that your reader thinks you are a wanker.

Source: http://www.guidenet.net/resources/wanker.html

;)

hill83

Being serious for a second though, I agree that at least a share in the Ricoh would be a much better investment.

Skybluepiglet

3. Overuse Exclamation and Question Marks.
Nothing shows your reader how serious you are better than five or six exclamation marks at the end of a sentence. Nothing will make your TA answer your question more quickly than a string of question marks. Bonus points for mixing the two in a question you really want answered. Extra bonus points for stuffing three or four exclamation marks into the middle of a sentence. If anything that should have been an exclamation mark actually comes out as the numeral '1', you can be sure that your reader thinks you are a wanker.

Source: http://www.guidenet.net/resources/wanker.html

;)

Hmmm...but you failed to answer any of his points with substance..proving it's very hard to make an economic argument to support the belief there will be a new stadium.

hill83

Hmmm...but you failed to answer any of his points with substance..proving it's very hard to make an economic argument to support the belief there will be a new stadium.

I don't believe it does make economic sense, but that doesn't mean that without a doubt it won't be built.
Basically let's wait and see rather than steaming in.

Skybluepiglet

Ok , you have been serious now.
It's farcical to talk of a new stadium ..I agree a share of the Ricoh is an obvious path,,But we really don't know how SISU feel about this.

"They want it all..they want it all..and they want it NOW"

Sung to the tune of Queen's "Days of our lives"

Users who are viewing this thread