Stadium plans (2 Viewers)

dongonzalos

10 million covering the lost revenue over 5 years at Sixfields
2.5 million in lost revenue through merchandising and sponsorship by choosing to go to Sixfields
40-60 million already invested in CCFC
2 million on ongoing futile legal battles that will achieve nothing.
30 million on planing and development of a new 12 k stadium outside of Coventry. Fit for 3rd tier football.

150k rent and 80% f and b signed up to for ten years at an all singing all dancing arena. With a built in new first option to buy Higgs out after 5 years at the agreed independent market rate =
Priceless.

shy_tall_knight

I know Ryton well, it could not cope with 5,000 fans trying to get to it. Kama kazi island is not pedestrian friendly so even the good folks of Whitley or Willenhall would not be inclined to walk to it. That leaves the villages of Ryton Wolston and the traveller's camps where fans can walk to the stadium.1 pub in the village of Ryton the other drinking potential being the sky blue connection and the courtyard pub.

But they won't build a stadium requires too much upfront costs, acquiring the land consultants fees public enquiries, easy to renage on a contract a lot more difficult to build something constructive.

James Smith

Spoke to someone connected to the club today and I asked about the stadium situation.

I was told that the club are hopeful of a Ricoh return, but if things don't work out they have
2 places identified for a new stadium. 1 is the old Peugeot Ryton site and the other site was
secret, but it was not Brandon or the Uni sites.

He said that he had seen plans for the new stadium and it was a 12,000 seater based on
Doncasters Keepmoat Stadium.

Erm well whoever this was they aren't following what's been said very publicly in the media by people who
a) are in the know
and
b) in a position to make a return happen

i.e. Mrs Seppala, Mr Fisher & now Mr Labovitch who are saying "We've moved on" so I'd have thought the statement of the club being hopeful of a return, was at odds with the statements from the Directors and alleged Shadow Director. They can't both be right

SkyBlueRuffian

one minute its 2 sites.. then its 4 sites.. then we are officially linked with brandon with heads of agreement reached.. then brandon definitely isnt one of the sites.

Exactly, it's bolloks, unless SISU can convince investers that the fan base is there why would they commit to a new stadium? Whilst SISU are at the helm I predict a vast percentage of supporters will stay away.

skybluelee

I will sell my children if they so much as lay one brick. They have absolutely no intention of building a new stadium.

SISU just need to sell up, fuck off, and never come back, and then we can get back to talking about football rather than debating a non-existent shed ground and fighting amongst ourselves (verbally and physically!) every day.

skybluelee

Ok , you have been serious now.
It's farcical to talk of a new stadium ..I agree a share of the Ricoh is an obvious path,,But we really don't know how SISU feel about this.

"They want it all..they want it all..and they want it NOW"

Sung to the tune of Queen's "Days of our lives"

Sorry, but as a Queen tragic I have to correct you. Those are slightly amended lyrics from "I Want It All".

Joy Division

Erm well whoever this was they aren't following what's been said very publicly in the media by people who
a) are in the know
and
b) in a position to make a return happen

i.e. Mrs Seppala, Mr Fisher & now Mr Labovitch who are saying "We've moved on" so I'd have thought the statement of the club being hopeful of a return, was at odds with the statements from the Directors and alleged Shadow Director. They can't both be right

For someone who's "moved on" Mrs Seppala seemed to talk an awful lot about the Ricoh in her interview with Les Reid.

Sorry, but as a Queen tragic I have to correct you. Those are slightly amended lyrics from "I Want It All".

Nothing tragic about Queen apart from Freddies sad demise of his unfortunate sexual orientation. Greatest band that ever existed. Name me one band that has been more infulential on the world Music scene than Queen. They are the group that took us from the soft rock/pop days of the Beatles and into the future with music that is still be reproduced today!!!!

Steve1974

It won't be Brandon. Won't be Ryton. The Ryton site can only be used for engineering etc. Wont be Brandon as there is a legal despute regarding the land anyway.

They don't have a clue where it will be built as I say they have no plans to build.

Danceswithhorses

Nothing tragic about Queen apart from Freddies sad demise of his unfortunate sexual orientation.
It wasn't his 'unfortunate sexual orientation' that killed him...i think i know what you are trying to say, but the comment (accidentally) sounds a bit homophobic.

Last edited:

Joy Division

Nothing tragic about Queen apart from Freddies sad demise of his unfortunate sexual orientation. Greatest band that ever existed. Name me one band that has been more infulential on the world Music scene than Queen. They are the group that took us from the soft rock/pop days of the Beatles and into the future with music that is still be reproduced today!!!!

Great singles band. That's about it.

Great singles band. That's about it.

That coming from a bloke calling himself Joy Division.

"Lets dance to Joy Division and celebrate the irony"

Wembley 86 and Live Aid were two of the greatest gigs ever. Supported by INXS and Status Quo.

It wasn't his 'unfortunate sexual orientation' that killed him...i think i know what you are trying to say, but the comment (accidentally) sounds a bit homophobic.

If he had been straight or used nodders he wouldn't have got aids. His death was a direct result of his sexual orientation. Therefore it was unfortunate. Nothing wrong with being gay, I mean who doesn't like a bit of bum fun afterall.

Last edited:

Joy Division

That coming from a bloke calling himself Joy Division.

"Lets dance to Joy Division and celebrate the irony"

Joy Division were more influential over two albums than Queen ever were over their entire existence.

KG7

I was gonna post 'Hahahahahahahaha' but thought I'd bettercheck to see if you're being ironic first. So, are you being ironic?

I was gonna post 'Hahahahahahahaha' but thought I'd bettercheck to see if you're being ironic first. So, are you being ironic?

If you would put forwards what parts of my post were not factual and could be construed as Ironic then I will gladly let you know if I was being ironic.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I found it refreshing that a new stadium thread morphed into a Queen debate rather than the usual SISU/Council argument... :whistle:

skybluelee

Joy Division were more influential over two albums than Queen ever were over their entire existence.

Well, they didn't influence me as I genuinely couldn't tell you the name of one of their albums, or indeed songs.

Queen have never been 'cool', mainly due the homophobic way the media turned against Freddie in the 70s, but they released some astonishingly good stuff, particularly in the first half of their careers. And nobody could hold a 100,000 strong crowd in the palm of their hand like Freddie. The ultimate show man.

If Joy Division have released anything that can touch 'A Day At The Races', 'A Night At The Opera', 'Sheer Heart Attack' or 'Queen II' then I've missed out so please recommend an album for me to listen to.

Hugh Jarse

You obviously didn't see them play Knebworth in '86.

Nope, saw them play in Cov (was it the Hippodrome, near where the bus station is) in 1973 just before they released keep Yourself Alive as their first single. A band called Hustler was the support act, a brilliant night out. Arrhh, the nostalgia floods back!

I found it refreshing that a new stadium thread morphed into a Queen debate rather than the usual SISU/Council argument... :whistle:

That's what happens when us older members of the forum get into a debate. It has a natural progression instead of everything being SISU SISU SISU. More like a real life conversation.

RegTheDonk

Sorry, I've heard of them but couldn't name any of their singles or ablums. And thats not trying to be smart or start a row.

Who were their members, did they go on to do anything solo or with another band?

Sorry, I've heard of them but couldn't name any of their singles or ablums. And thats not trying to be smart or start a row.

Who were their members, did they go on to do anything solo or with another band?

I was hoping someone would ask that looking on Wiki I'm still not sure I know any of their tunes.

Joy Division

Well, they didn't influence me as I genuinely couldn't tell you the name of one of their albums, or indeed songs.

Queen have never been 'cool', mainly due the homophobic way the media turned against Freddie in the 70s, but they released some astonishingly good stuff, particularly in the first half of their careers. And nobody could hold a 100,000 strong crowd in the palm of their hand like Freddie. The ultimate show man.

If Joy Division have released anything that can touch 'A Day At The Races', 'A Night At The Opera', 'Sheer Heart Attack' or 'Queen II' then I've missed out so please recommend an album for me to listen to.

People have different tastes and all that, which is a good thing I suppose. Queen wrote some very good pop songs which of course is correct, however I think you are confusing influential with popularity. Joy Division were/are much more influential, Queen are more popular.

People have different tastes and all that, which is a good thing I suppose. Queen wrote some very good pop songs which of course is correct, however I think you are confusing influential with popularity. Joy Division were/are much more influential, Queen are more popular.

I'm sorry but Queen changed the course of Music with one Song. They then went on to produce albums of the stuff that did influence many bands that are in existance today.

Joy Division

Went on to form New Order, probably havent heard of these either?

Joy Division

I'm sorry but Queen changed the course of Music with one Song. They then went on to produce albums of the stuff that did influence many bands that are in existance today.

Go on...

Monners

Always been a bit of a U2 fan myself (although do enjoy a spot of Joy Division also - who greatly influenced U2). Just to get back on thred; I have been wondering where the new ground is likely to be, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for (soz)

singers_pore

Amazed there are people on here who have never heard of Joy Division. "Love will tear us apart" is huge. I'm not even a fan! I preferred the likes of The Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Monners

Amazed there are people on here who have never heard of Joy Division. "Love will tear us apart" is huge. I'm not even a fan! I preferred the likes of The Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees.

A very valid point - also a bit of Echo and the Bunnymen doesn't hurt

thaiskyblue

Getting back to the sisu thing , wen't siouxsie and the banshees and the cure like sisu , optium, the same people .

Although the song has become one of the most revered in popular music history,
The song has won numerous awards, and has been covered and parodied by many artists
It is a regular entry in greatest-songs polls, and it was named by the Guinness Book of Records in 2002 as the top British single of all time
The single was accompanied by a promotional video, which many scholars consider ground-breaking.

this song changed the direction of music in general and watching one of the numerous documentaries that have been made about it, will tell you that it was production of Music and Video in a way that had not been done before. This set the trend for production of music and film working in unison that we see today.

Users who are viewing this thread