Stadium plans (1 Viewer)

Amazed there are people on here who have never heard of Joy Division. "Love will tear us apart" is huge. I'm not even a fan! I preferred the likes of The Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Ahh that's the one. I knew that they had done one song that I know. It's the one that is on The Wedding Singer isn't it?

Joy Division

Maybe Queen can open the new stadium with whoever they are collaborating with now, like 5ive or some x-factor guy that Brian May always turns up on stage with.

skybluelee

People have different tastes and all that, which is a good thing I suppose. Queen wrote some very good pop songs which of course is correct, however I think you are confusing influential with popularity. Joy Division were/are much more influential, Queen are more popular.

G n'R, Foo Fighters and Metallica all reference Queen as a major influences on their careers. 3 of the biggest rock (in Metallica's case, metal) bands of all-time, so Queen must have been reasonably influential!

Maybe Queen can open the new stadium with whoever they are collaborating with now, like 5ive or some x-factor guy that Brian May always turns up on stage with.

I know like Joy Division when the front man died they should've disbanded and left it. Freddie could've reformed Queen without the others but I don't think it really worked replacing Freddie. Lets be honest they were his backing band regardless of Mays Guitar skills.

Joy Division

Although the song has become one of the most revered in popular music history,
The song has won numerous awards, and has been covered and parodied by many artists
It is a regular entry in greatest-songs polls, and it was named by the Guinness Book of Records in 2002 as the top British single of all time
The single was accompanied by a promotional video, which many scholars consider ground-breaking.

this song changed the direction of music in general and watching one of the numerous documentaries that have been made about it, will tell you that it was production of Music and Video in a way that had not been done before. This set the trend for production of music and film working in unison that we see today.

Changed the direction of music how? Sets the trend in music production to this day in what way? Which scholars consider the video ground breaking?

G n'R, Foo Fighters and Metallica all reference Queen as a major influences on their careers. 3 of the biggest rock (in Metallica's case, metal) bands of all-time, so Queen must have been reasonably influential!

Changed the direction of music how? Sets the trend in music production to this day in what way? Which scholars consider the video ground breaking?

See above

Joy Division

Metallica call everyone an influence

Godiva

The show must go on ...

hill83

Can I just say that this is worse than a Sisu/ACL debate. Everyone has different music tastes and this is starting to get a bit touch and go.

SkyBlue76

Sorry, can't help myself joining in. Queen were my favourite band growing up. Anyone who says they were just a singles band has obviously not heard their albums. They would be my ultimate favourite band ever - if it weren't for the mighty Swedish rap metal band CLAWFINGER. (No I'm not kidding, you have got to check Clawfinger out. Find 'Biggest and the Best' on youtube, sit back and enjoy...)

James Smith

who remembers that song that the sky blues used to come out to by B.A ROBERTSON ( he's Strachen's mate ), gabbage !

It's the life son? It's for life son? Dreadful and made even worse after hearing the most excellent Mr Blue Sky for so many years on a Saturday afternoon. Jeff Lynne and F.Mercury are/were geniuses, Queen are as far as I know the only UK band to have had number ones written by every member of the band whilst they were alive.

Last edited:
Queen are as far as I know the only UK band to have had number ones written by every member of the band whilst they were alive.

Surely 1 direction must've accomplished this? By god they are talentless when it comes to singing. Please don't tell me someone writes that garbage for them? ;)

Joy Division

Sorry, can't help myself joining in. Queen were my favourite band growing up. Anyone who says they were just a singles band has obviously not heard their albums. They would be my ultimate favourite band ever - if it weren't for the mighty Swedish rap metal band CLAWFINGER. (No I'm not kidding, you have got to check Clawfinger out. Find 'Biggest and the Best' on youtube, sit back and enjoy...)

I quite like Queen, but nobody ever talks about their albums. How often do you see them in top 100 albums of all time lists.

I quite like Queen, but nobody ever talks about their albums. How often do you see them in top 100 albums of all time lists.

Surely that's because they had so many individual hits and not because the albums were poor? The Albums were definitely a collection of great songs.

skybluelee

A Night At The Opera is in every top 100 album list I have ever seen, usually towards the top 10. Now I know you're just trolling.

Mr T - Sukka!

When we were at HR the nickname
Of the new ground (Ricoh) was called Arena whenever. Due to delays? We had plans for it in1997.

Does the new ground now get the title Arena WHATEVER?

Grendel

For the record, the only thing Joy Division influenced me to do was reach for the off switch.

Overrated and shit.

Monners

Grendel, you spread little joy and create division - thought they would be right up your back passage

Godiva

A Night At The Opera is in every top 100 album list I have ever seen, usually towards the top 10. Now I know you're just trolling.

But Innuendo was their best.

Users who are viewing this thread