Stadium plans (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

And guess who they are all laughing at ?

go on

go on

yesssssssssssssssssssssss

Gendel :pointlaugh: :pointlaugh:
Gren Gren

QUOTE=Grendel;561574]I never understood the appeal. "Rockfolk" always laughed at them. The real diehard fans always struck me as a bit wierd as well - cultish - similar to fans of Barry Manillow or Cliff.[/QUOTE]

Grendel

Not biting mate. All I will say is that they had a great drummer, possibly the best guitarist of his generation and the best front man of all time. Anyone laughing at them must have been idiots.

The best drummer? Yes I'm sure the likes of Ian Paice, Jon Bonham etc. were very jealous. As for Mr Angie Watts well he really is a misfit in the rock world is he not? Hardly a Blackmore in rock parlance is he?

The singer you don't mention and he held it together though actually they sounded better when Paul Rodgers was at the helm.

davebart

I used to love Topics

topic_chocolate_bar.jpg

I thought the wrappers were red.

Tonylinc

The best drummer? Yes I'm sure the likes of Ian Paice, Jon Bonham etc. were very jealous. As for Mr Angie Watts well he really is a misfit in the rock world is he not? Hardly a Blackmore in rock parlance is he?

The singer you don't mention and he held it together though actually they sounded better when Paul Rodgers was at the helm.
I know for sure now that you are on a wind up. Goodnight.

skybluelee

I agree BTW how is Weymouth these days? Used to spend a lot of time there when I lived in Yeovil (1982-88)

Underwent a facelift prior to the olympics last year which it needed imo. Now its lovely once more. Its biggest drawback is being within 30 mile of Yeovil. :)

Last edited:

davebart

Not biting mate. All I will say is that they had a great drummer, possibly the best guitarist of his generation and the best front man of all time. Anyone laughing at them must have been idiots.

I'd have to say Jimmy Page tops May - would you count Clapton as his generation or not? My personal favourite was Mike Slamer.

Skybluepiglet

I'm a die hard rock fan Grendel (as you well know)..and I never laughed at 'em

Sure Queen did some shit stuff..but any band that spanned decades will make some Faux Pas.

Innuendo as a standalone track is awesome..

Here is my list of faves.

Best Drummers - Mike Portnoy , Mike Mangini , Bonham
Guitar - Page Petrucci , Slash , Steve Hackett
Vocals - Planty , Freddie Mercury ,
Lyrics , Fish hands down.
Best Album - Pink Floyd The Wall
Best Live Gig - Robert Plant touring the Manic Nirvana Album.

letsallsingtogether

Wow love that man grown to like and appreciate him more the older I get same as Gilmour and Floyd.
fuck me too may to choose from my change my mind again tomorrow let me get some old tunes on You tube will get back to you :D

But in my younger days it was the likes of Sabbath and Purple. Listening to them down the Dive on a Saturday and then a short walk to highfield Road. Oh how I miss them good old days with no politics just football, Rock and Highfield Road.

as far as rock guitarists there is 1, i.e. James Marshall Hendrix

Spionkop

Piglet mentioned Penetration. Had the pleasure of interviewing Pauline Murray and Gary Chaplin way back. Never mega but lovely people.
Peter Green for guitarists. And Hendrix playing The Star Spangled Banner.
Yep Sisu out too.

Skybluepiglet

Piglet mentioned Penetration. Had the pleasure of interviewing Pauline Murray and Gary Chaplin way back. Never mega but lovely people.
Peter Green for guitarists. And Hendrix playing The Star Spangled Banner.
Yep Sisu out too.

Could never understand how they were kind of left behind when New Wave boomed.

The song writing was superb and Pauline was arguably a better vocalist than both Siouxsie Sioux and Polly Styrene (Spex).

hill83

"Up to 300 new homes are also planned on the site next to the stadium."

That's two homes each for the hill protesters then, so pleased for them.

Monners

This is the first part of the Enterprise Zone targeted for "developedment". Stadium, hotel, housing etc has been in the pipeline for some time. High levels of tax relief avaiable for investors and companies moving to the EZ which is their primary purpose).

Godiva

Users who are viewing this thread