St Andrews (1 Viewer)

Tommo1993

No it's not. Edge is trying to make out these comments are aimed at everyone who doesn't go to St.Andrews but they're not, they're aimed at you for your anti city posts.

Feel free to point out these horrific “anti city” posts you’re whinging about. It’s as if I’ve wished us to go under, ffs.

clint van damme

So I’m supposed to love the fact we’re at SA, I don’t want us to be there. Why wouldn’t I find it funny when particulars on here, after initially saying everything was great, have now come on here and said they’ve had enough. How isn’t that funny?

You shouldn't find negative news about your club funny, it's wrong.
Ive been in your position as have many others and didn't behave like you.

Everything was great at St.Andrews, much of it still is. I still want us back in Cov as do the vast majority.
I'm sure if we do get back you'll conjure up an excuse not to go to the Ricoh and be on here sniping about it.
Still, who knows, we might go under and then you can have a real good laugh fucking wrong un

clint van damme

Feel free to point out these horrific “anti city” posts you’re whinging about. It’s as if I’ve wished us to go under, ffs.

Your LOL comment on this thread for starters. There have been.others. You're a fucking weirdo.

Terry Gibson's perm

I don’t want to travel to St Andrews but as things stand that is the only option, we need to keep going until the London side come begging or go bust the second option is the preferred thing for me. Their crowds are down the Ricoh is a money pit and not a pot of gold.

Nick

Administrator
Indeed-but changed his mind which he will be perfectly entitled to do so again.
Best take cover now then as the usual vultures are now appearing and circulating over head!
Yeah just makes you look silly after banging on about it so much.

Try to be consistent.

Sick Boy

I'd argue we're imposing a glass ceiling on ourselves by playing at SA. Unless you take a longer view that it's part of a strategy of denying Wasps revenue and thus making it more likely that they'll eventually sell tonus on the cheap and move back down south.

Can you explain how we’ve imposed it on ourselves?

Adge

Yeah just makes you look silly after banging on about it so much.

Try to be consistent.
And as usual you revert to type by rolling that one out from yesteryear. At least you are consistent though! When all else fails........

Nick

Administrator
And as usual you revert to type by rolling that one out from yesteryear. At least you are consistent though! When all else fails........
It's not really from yesteryear it's just pointing out that those who bang on about their morals and what they will or wont do usually end up looking silly when they "change their mind".

oucho

Can you explain how we’ve imposed it on ourselves?

SISU pursuing legal action regarding the Ricoh led to Wasps (not unexpectedly) decline to negotiate a lease agreement. Thus the decision to pursue the legals had a direct outcome of us leaving the Ricoh - in my view, playing at SA in the long run places a "glass ceiling" on our potential as a club - SISU knew this full well when deciding to continue legal action. Thus we have imposed a glass ceiling on ourselves.

The alternative would be to totally drop the legals, sign up to a long-term tenancy at the Ricoh and go from there. Wasps will probably end up leaving at some point anyway, given their finances, so we might as well play at the Ricoh whilst waiting for that to happen. I'm not sure how you could describe this scenario was "imposing a glass ceiling on ourselves" since it's the best of both worlds; playing in Cov whilst not having to fund a new stadium or carry the millstone of the loss-making Ricoh on our backs.

Nick

Administrator
SISU pursuing legal action regarding the Ricoh led to Wasps (not unexpectedly) decline to negotiate a lease agreement. Thus the decision to pursue the legals had a direct outcome of us leaving the Ricoh - in my view, playing at SA in the long run places a "glass ceiling" on our potential as a club - SISU knew this full well when deciding to continue legal action. Thus we have imposed a glass ceiling on ourselves.

The alternative would be to totally drop the legals, sign up to a long-term tenancy at the Ricoh and go from there. Wasps will probably end up leaving at some point anyway, given their finances, so we might as well play at the Ricoh whilst waiting for that to happen. I'm not sure how you could describe this scenario was "imposing a glass ceiling on ourselves" since it's the best of both worlds; playing in Cov whilst not having to fund a new stadium or carry the millstone of the loss-making Ricoh on our backs.
For somebody who celebrates court cases you don't seem to be clued up?

Grendel

Perhaps we should find out if Boddy has primary school children and organise a protest outside?

oucho

Oh sorry, I didn't submit to the standard groupthink of "we've been forced out of our ground (it was built for us, you know!") by a franchise rugby team and a local council who inexplicably wouldn't give us millions of pounds in stadium funding on a plate, for nothing in return.

Nick

Administrator
Oh sorry, I didn't submit to the standard groupthink of "we've been forced out of our ground (it was built for us, you know!") by a franchise rugby team and a local council who inexplicably wouldn't give us millions of pounds in stadium funding on a plate, for nothing in return.

No you just didn't seem to know what you are talking about.

clint van damme

think it was more your drop the legals comment when it's been posted on here ad nauseum that the EC complaint cannot be withdrawn.
The owners also agreed to drop the legals against wasps as requested and the EC compliant is against the council though obviously it could affect wasps so we're in to the realm of semantics and game playing with that one.

oucho

think it was more your drop the legals comment when it's been posted on here ad nauseum that the EC complaint cannot be withdrawn.
The owners also agreed to drop the legals against wasps as requested and the EC compliant is against the council though obviously it could affect wasps so we're in to the realm of semantics and game playing with that one.

I know all that - but the decision was made to go ahead with it, despite knowing it couldn't be withdrawn, and despite the certain knowledge that Wasps would see it as a similarly existential thread to their security at the Ricoh as if they were being challenged directly.

It's simply splitting hairs / pedantry/ or naivety to pretend otherwise.

@Nick see above.

Grendel

I know all that - but the decision was made to go ahead with it, despite knowing it couldn't be withdrawn, and despite the certain knowledge that Wasps would see it as a similarly existential thread to their security at the Ricoh as if they were being challenged directly.

It's simply splitting hairs / pedantry/ or naivety to pretend otherwise.

@Nick see above.

would you agree that wasps are even worse than sisu in their shameless perusing of greed above culture and morality and would be delighted if they folded?

Tommo1993

Your LOL comment on this thread for starters. There have been.others. You're a fucking weirdo.

Even though I’ve pointed out that that LOL was specifically targeted at another comment on someone who’s done a full u-turn regarding SA and have made it look quite funny just the way they put it.

I can accept being weird and against the grain on here, I don’t conform to the linear ways of most on here but it’s worth the laugh, you’re either clinically mentally challenged or can’t read. Have a Merry Christmas.

Look CVD, I don’t think any of us want this gulf between fans. When we’re back in Cov, if we’re back in Cov, I’d be happy to shake your hand and buy you a pint.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

The atmosphere yesterday, once again, was awful.

The Ricoh was never great on an average L1 game, but it was never that bad.

Irish Sky Blue

would you agree that wasps are even worse than sisu in their shameless perusing of greed above culture and morality and would be delighted if they folded?

What does it matter which one is worse? Both have been terrible for our football club.
I hope that Wasps fans (the real ones, not the midland variety) can get their club back again from unscrupulous owners and can start playing again in their own community.
That's exactly the same wish I have for our own club. (obviously more concerned that the latter happens).

clint van damme

Even though I’ve pointed out that that LOL was specifically targeted at another comment on someone who’s done a full u-turn regarding SA and have made it look quite funny just the way they put it.

I can accept being weird and against the grain on here, I don’t conform to the linear ways of most on here but it’s worth the laugh, you’re either clinically mentally challenged or can’t read. Have a Merry Christmas.

Look CVD, I don’t think any of us want this gulf between fans. When we back in Cov, if we’re back in Cov, I’d be happy to shake your hand and buy you a pint.

You've edited that before I could reply but you posted this on the 16th October on this thread:

"This’ll piss off certain members of this forum but I’m pleased as punch that even despite some positive results the tide is beginning to turn, and yes, this whole ‘camaraderie’ was utter nonsense. The number of people getting fed up will only grow. :emoji_thumbsup:"

now that sounds to me like someone taking delight in the diminishing 'camaraderie' between supporters.
I can't for the life of me understand that attitude from a fellow Coventry supporter.

Maybe it isn't meant how it comes across or maybe I'm misinterpreting it. But I'll leave it there now I don't want a gulf between fans either.

Nick

Administrator
No you are right, some people love it. You would see them on social media gloating as well.

They make random comments about pubs or stewards, the best bit is that most of them didn't bother at the ricoh either.

Last edited:

ccfctommy

Heard on Twitter that the club coach has been increased by two pound. The club really don't help themselves.

Adge

It's not really from yesteryear it's just pointing out that those who bang on about their morals and what they will or wont do usually end up looking silly when they "change their mind".
So everyone who went to St Andrews for the first time yesterday (think there were one or two who mentioned they were on here if you can be bothered to look) because they have changed their mind are now looking silly. Right you are.

Sick Boy

What does it matter which one is worse? Both have been terrible for our football club.
I hope that Wasps fans (the real ones, not the midland variety) can get their club back again from unscrupulous owners and can start playing again in their own community.
That's exactly the same wish I have for our own club. (obviously more concerned that the latter happens).

It’s to do with the excuses being peddled out for the franchise and the embarrassing hypocrisy which has been evident since they turned up in the city, especially those idiots going on about it being great business sense and their weird ‘up the council’ crap.

Otis

So I’m supposed to love the fact we’re at SA, I don’t want us to be there. Why wouldn’t I find it funny when particulars on here, after initially saying everything was great, have now come on here and said they’ve had enough. How isn’t that funny?
More tragic to be honest.

Nick

Administrator
So everyone who went to St Andrews for the first time yesterday (think there were one or two who mentioned they were on here if you can be bothered to look) because they have changed their mind are now looking silly. Right you are.
If they have been telling everybody over and over they won't ever go then yes.

It's worrying you don't seem to grasp it.

Adge

If they have been telling everybody over and over they won't ever go then yes.

It's worrying you don't seem to grasp it.
Oh I do-trust me.
Just won’t be getting involved and embroiled into silly games that fit or don’t fit the narrative of three or four people on a silly football forum.

Adge

Careful Otis-the vultures will be circulating above because of your like.

Nick

Administrator
Oh I do-trust me.
Just won’t be getting involved and embroiled into silly games that fit or don’t fit the narrative of three or four people on a silly football forum.

There is no silly game.

It's just pointing out basic facts isn't it?

It's you who doesn't seem to like it as it doesn't fit your narrative of being Mr Morals.

Users who are viewing this thread