St Andrews (5 Viewers)

Limey

Atmosphere was pretty muted yesterday.

At the moment just very envious of any team with their own stadium that has fans on all sides watching a match.

Nick

Administrator
Is that aimed at me? So then fella cos I've signed up to a forum after a couple of years of browsing i guess I'm a wasps/telegraph plant is that it?

Of course you have.

giphy.gif

Reactions: TTG

The coventrian

Atmosphere was pretty muted yesterday.

At the moment just very envious of any team with their own stadium that has fans on all sides watching a match.
I know a few lads who go who are fed up with going over there. They wont be renewing next season if we're at the pig sty again. This crap cant carry on. I will say this though,if we are back at the ricoh next season,I hope they get some staff who can speak English as I had my land rover 25th anniversary meal there a couple of weeks back and the service for drinks was terrible.

The coventrian

Of course you have.

giphy.gif
Your about a funny as cancer nick. I live in allesley green you fool. I've been a city fan all my life. I've had a st most seasons since the 80s. Remember those plastic cards we had back then? Just because I don't wank off about wasps like you and your little click it doesn't mean I'm a plant.

You need to get off the internet instead of living on it 24/7.

Nick

Administrator
Your about a funny as cancer nick. I live in allesley green you fool. I've been a city fan all my life. I've had a st most seasons since the 80s. Remember those plastic cards we had back then? Just because I don't wank off about wasps like you and your little click it doesn't mean I'm a plant.

You need to get off the internet instead of living on it 24/7.

I've been off it for most of the day and yesterday, pretty much most of the week actually.

You should try to be original though rather than those "new users" who come on who seem to be quite targeted.

I haven't mentioned anything about plant, you are trying too hard to focus on that.

skyblue1991

Yes, crowds will drop, and yes it will be significant enough to harm the clubs progress, which in no way can be blamed on fans at all. Especially if we’re still there next season. It’s not me (and the majority) playing with fire and moving the club, twice.
First time SISU moved us to Northampton.

This time Wasps kicked us out despite us dropping legal action.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

The coventrian

I've been off it for most of the day and yesterday, pretty much most of the week actually.

You should try to be original though rather than those "new users" who come on who seem to be quite targeted.

I haven't mentioned anything about plant, you are trying too hard to focus on that.
Trying to hard about what exactly? Your one paranoid man. So when exactly is a CCFC fan supposed to sign up to a forum without being questioned? Go ask rob foster or tony Macdonald about my credentials as a city fan. I'll give you my full name and address if you like.
Seriously nick,have a word with yourself.

The coventrian

That’s a shame, I’ll be there, not ready to see my club die yet.
There is no future at the sty. Blues don't want us next season. I work in brum with a load of them. The noses I work with don't want us there either. Wasps need to back down and let us back in.

The coventrian

First time SISU moved us to Northampton.

This time Wasps kicked us out despite us dropping legal action.

They never kicked us out. We failed to agree a rent deal due to this EU shit and the absurd conditions wasps wanted. If sisu hadn't of ran off to the eu then we'd still be in cov. Why do people like you gloss over this?

clint van damme

There is no future at the sty. Blues don't want us next season. I work in brum with a load of them. The noses I work with don't want us there either. Wasps need to back down and let us back in.

I work in Brum and the ones I know have no problem with us being there.
Though the opinion of the support is irrelevant, it's the owners that count. Have you any evidence they don't want us there next season?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We need to get back to Coventry, but can you all answer the following question:

should SISU and the Club sign up to indemnify wasps if the EC Commission finds that the Ricoh was undersold?

remember they don’t just want SISU to sign up..they want the club to sign up. If SISU leave, that indemnification remains hanging over us

Nick

Administrator
Trying to hard about what exactly? Your one paranoid man. So when exactly is a CCFC fan supposed to sign up to a forum without being questioned? Go ask rob foster or tony Macdonald about my credentials as a city fan. I'll give you my full name and address if you like.

Paranoid about what? You seem to be the one saying you aren't a plant and going into being over defensive.

As I said, try to be original and not so obvious.

Tommo1993

How is Tony, is he well? Seen him at Bolton but didn’t say hello. Came off Facebook because that forum got all doolally.

skyblue1991

They never kicked us out. We failed to agree a rent deal due to this EU shit and the absurd conditions wasps wanted. If sisu hadn't of ran off to the eu then we'd still be in cov. Why do people like you gloss over this?
You mentioned two points why we are not at the Ricoh, including the 'absurd conditions Wasps wanted'

You think we would be at the Ricoh without the EC ruling? Is the absurd conditions not the same as kicking us out?

NorthernWisdom

The owners also agreed to drop the legals against wasps as requested and the EC compliant is against the council though obviously it could affect wasps so we're in to the realm of semantics and game playing with that one.

Yeah... and personally it seems all too convenient that things came to light at certain times, and were enacted by our owners. There are far too many parallels with the last time for me, apart from it's been presented a lot better this time around. It's a highly circular (and ultimately destructive) argument however, as people are fixed in their positions, and trying to attribute percentages of blame risks all the parties getting away with the fact they've all shafted us. That, of course, includes our owners ;)

Though the opinion of the support is irrelevant, it's the owners that count. Have you any evidence they don't want us there next season?

I was under the distinct impression the deal was for a season, with the option of another season after that. We should have a home next season... although it could get interesting in terms of crowds, if the novelty's worn off.

clint van damme

I was under the distinct impression the deal was for a season, with the option of another season after that. We should have a home next season... although it could get interesting in terms of crowds, if the novelty's worn off.

I've no idea what is going to happen next year, hopefully the rumours about going back this year are true.
But I just wonder where people saying things like Blues don't want us there, (not the first time I've heard it), get their information from.

Nick

Administrator
I've seen city fans saying about fans being on all sides of the ground as well at St Andrews.

Have they not been to the Ricoh for a while?

The coventrian

Just word of mouth mate. Blues season ticket holders who are 'in the know' kind of thing. We cant keep on sofa surfing.

ccfcway

Every chance we will be there next season and the season after. If not, West Brom we’re happy to take us

The coventrian

We need to get back to Coventry, but can you all answer the following question:

should SISU and the Club sign up to indemnify wasps if the EC Commission finds that the Ricoh was undersold?

remember they don’t just want SISU to sign up..they want the club to sign up. If SISU leave, that indemnification remains hanging over us
No they shouldn't sign it. Fuck wasps.
But sisu put the final nail in the coffin with the sixfields move. That was a disastrous move. This situation we are in now has been coming for years. Nobody owes us a home. Sisu are the owners. They need to sort this out by building a home for the club they own. Its about time they took responsibility. I'm not fussed about the ricoh. A 25k stadium elsewhere in town will suffice.

The coventrian

Yeah... and personally it seems all too convenient that things came to light at certain times, and were enacted by our owners. There are far too many parallels with the last time for me, apart from it's been presented a lot better this time around. It's a highly circular (and ultimately destructive) argument however, as people are fixed in their positions, and trying to attribute percentages of blame risks all the parties getting away with the fact they've all shafted us. That, of course, includes our owners ;)

Excellent reply. To me there really isnt a difference.

ccfcway

As boddy says, talking to wasps but no nearer than they were in the summer.

Also when asked if it takes this long to find a new site...

“I was at Worcester City in a previous life and we spent 20 years trying to find a site and didn’t achieve it”

Making a call not to go next season is sad as they will need us more than ever

The coventrian

You are allowed to look at other threads you know.

As I said, try not to be so obvious.
Tbh nick the football is a side show at the moment. The long term future of the club is the most important thing to me. You crack on though fella. Let's be honest here though,people like you arent really bothered about being back in Coventry or not.

Nick

Administrator
Tbh nick the football is a side show at the moment. The long term future of the club is the most important thing to me. You crack on though fella. Let's be honest here though,people like you arent really bothered about being back in Coventry or not.

I am bothered about CCFC first and foremost. You should try it rather than being exactly the same as every other account like yours who tries the same thing.

There are plenty of threads, let's not pretend you haven't seen this, signed up and just only bothered with this one thread to try and push something.

As I said, don't be so obvious. Try to do it properly. You are too targeted, you give it away too much.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Every chance we will be there next season and the season after. If not, West Brom we’re happy to take us
If that happens it will kill the club. Currently we're really punching above our weight. If we don't go up this season and haven't improved on last year (which so far we have) then the novelty factor will have worn off and crowds will be down.
If we end up at WBA in another two or three seasons we'll be down to Northampton attendances. Don't be deluded. Any of this is nothing other than disastrous.

Tommo1993

So it’s better this time round because last time SISU chose, pretty much by themselves, to move us to Sixfields?

What if that didn’t happen, would it make this time less acceptable?

ccfcway

How do we get 6000 fans going to MK Dons yet can’t get that considerably closer to home for our games at St. Andrews ?

ccfcway

If that happens it will kill the club. Currently we're really punching above our weight. If we don't go up this season and haven't improved on last year (which so far we have) then the novelty factor will have worn off and crowds will be down.
If we end up at WBA in another two or three seasons we'll be down to Northampton attendances. Don't be deluded. Any of this is nothing other than disastrous.

I’m not deluded. Of course they will be down. I think we will also lose kids coming through (despite some posters saying we won’t). It wont kill the club, we will just have less of an income, meaning we will adjust the budget accordingly. It may well kill our challenge in league one or anywhere near that though.

Killing the club for me will be a name change or a perm move away from cov (akin to what happened to Solihull’s ice hockey team or Warwickshire’s bears cricket team)

I’d suggest finding a stadium in cov that the council are willing to support us with, or getting a deal with those we have issued court proceedings with is deluded at the mo.

Users who are viewing this thread