Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

St Andrew's parking, busses, trains, food & boozing

How about street parking near the ground? Not going for a piss up, just to watch the game. Cheers
 
Last edited:
How about street parking near the ground? Not going for a piss up, just to watch the game. Cheers
Some people reckon that street parking near the ground could be a bit dodgy regarding damage to the car. Because of this, I've decided to try the secure parking at Birmingham Wheels Raceway. It's not too far to walk and costs £5, so I've read.
 
Some people reckon that street parking near the ground could be a bit dodgy regarding damage to the car. Because of this, I've decided to try the secure parking at Birmingham Wheels Raceway. It's not too far to walk and costs £5, so I've read.
Is that Birmingham wheels raceway ? up Garrison lane
 
Some people reckon that street parking near the ground could be a bit dodgy regarding damage to the car. Because of this, I've decided to try the secure parking at Birmingham Wheels Raceway. It's not too far to walk and costs £5, so I've read.
Nice one, pal. I'll get on goggle maps now
Do you have to contact them direct?
 
I am just about to publish a page on the Football Ground Guide website about Coventry City at St Andrews. As a Birmingham City fan as well I have a pretty detailed knowledge of the area. Please take a look at it and let me know if anything needs changing or adding: Coventry City FC Groundshare At St Andrews Birmingham
As regards street parking in the area then I have never had a problem even for evening matches. Like anywhere though keep any valuables out of sight and doors locked! Plus it is advisable to park in the more residential streets.
 
I am just about to publish a page on the Football Ground Guide website about Coventry City at St Andrews. As a Birmingham City fan as well I have a pretty detailed knowledge of the area. Please take a look at it and let me know if anything needs changing or adding: Coventry City FC Groundshare At St Andrews Birmingham
As regards street parking in the area then I have never had a problem even for evening matches. Like anywhere though keep any valuables out of sight and doors locked! Plus it is advisable to park in the more residential streets.
Always loved the site mate, thanks for helping out.
 
I'm a Brummy born & bred but City through & through so if anyone's up for meeting pre-match I'll be around Digbeth somewhere with my Baggies supporting housemate if y'all want a tour guide (or a translator)
 
I am just about to publish a page on the Football Ground Guide website about Coventry City at St Andrews. As a Birmingham City fan as well I have a pretty detailed knowledge of the area. Please take a look at it and let me know if anything needs changing or adding: Coventry City FC Groundshare At St Andrews Birmingham
As regards street parking in the area then I have never had a problem even for evening matches. Like anywhere though keep any valuables out of sight and doors locked! Plus it is advisable to park in the more residential streets.
away kit is Yellow and Navy :)
 
I am just about to publish a page on the Football Ground Guide website about Coventry City at St Andrews. As a Birmingham City fan as well I have a pretty detailed knowledge of the area. Please take a look at it and let me know if anything needs changing or adding: Coventry City FC Groundshare At St Andrews Birmingham
As regards street parking in the area then I have never had a problem even for evening matches. Like anywhere though keep any valuables out of sight and doors locked! Plus it is advisable to park in the more residential streets.

Are there any pubs on the way from new street to the ground that will show sky sports? Not too bothered about real ale but a cheap pint of the usual would be nice!
 
Are there any pubs on the way from new street to the ground that will show sky sports? Not too bothered about real ale but a cheap pint of the usual would be nice!
There is the Irish Centre on Digbeth High Street (B12 0LN) which is quite comfortable. A bit more on the way to the ground but a bit a more basic (well judging by the last time I visited) is the Waggon and Horses on Adderley Street (B9 4ED). As far as I am aware they both have Sky Sports.
 
I am just about to publish a page on the Football Ground Guide website about Coventry City at St Andrews. As a Birmingham City fan as well I have a pretty detailed knowledge of the area. Please take a look at it and let me know if anything needs changing or adding: Coventry City FC Groundshare At St Andrews Birmingham
As regards street parking in the area then I have never had a problem even for evening matches. Like anywhere though keep any valuables out of sight and doors locked! Plus it is advisable to park in the more residential streets.

Yeah thanks for the information
 
Which coach, COAB?

Dhillons
The Roost or
Official?
We are going on Official coach. Haven't received our tickets yet, nor confirmation of coach pick up/drop off times. Gather coach leaves White Street 1pm and second pickup 1.15pm near the Ricoh (but don't know exact location yet). Leaving it late to let people know, as we have other things to arrange too.
 
Nice one, pal. I'll get on goggle maps now
Do you have to contact them direct?
I don't know, Greggs. I'm just going to turn up.
 
I am going to try parking on the street n Adderley Street or Kingston Road, then hopefully it is a fairly quick getaway onto A4540 up to M6. I was thinking of parking in Digbeth but don't fancy parking or walking through the massive industrial estate that seems to be Digbeth (sorry if it isn't!)
 
is the Waggon and Horses on Adderley Street (B9 4ED). As far as I am aware they both have Sky Sports.

Wagon and Horses is a great pub too, forgot to mention that one.

I think street parking will be fine for anyone worried, I've never known anyone have any problems there before.
 
At any point do we expect to have any mither from Blues or Villa fans? Don't fancy having to keep my head down every time I walk the ground.
 
At any point do we expect to have any mither from Blues or Villa fans? Don't fancy having to keep my head down every time I walk the ground.

Don’t worry there won’t be any violence. We aren’t Liverpool fans
 
Don’t worry there won’t be any violence. We aren’t Liverpool fans

Not sure what Liverpool have to do with Blues or Villa taking a pop at City fans whilst they're in areas they aren't familair with but whatever floats your boat.
 
Not sure what Liverpool have to do with Blues or Villa taking a pop at City fans whilst they're in areas they aren't familair with but whatever floats your boat.

Well as you’re around Liverpool fans you’re probably used to that type of behaviour. Just letting you know it won’t be like that here.
 
Well as you’re around Liverpool fans you’re probably used to that type of behaviour. Just letting you know it won’t be like that here.

Not sure what your problem is here to be honest. To answer the question, no I'm not used to that behaviour. I've been to more Liverpool games than City over the last few years and not seen any trouble so I'm not sure what you're getting at?
 
Not sure what your problem is here to be honest. To answer the question, no I'm not used to that behaviour. I've been to more Liverpool games than City over the last few years and not seen any trouble so I'm not sure what you're getting at?

What question?
 
Yes and that’s why you expect it at St Andrews.

But I'm not used to violence at football matches and nor am I used to violent Liverpool fans?

I'm aware that the area around St Andrews is rough and colours are advised to be covered up and such so I was curious as to whether we should be arsed about covering colours or not?

To be honest mate, you seem to be looking for an arguement...You're looking in the wrong place.
 
But I'm not used to violence at football matches and nor am I used to violent Liverpool fans?

I'm aware that the area around St Andrews is rough and colours are advised to be covered up and such so I was curious as to whether we should be arsed about covering colours or not?

To be honest mate, you seem to be looking for an arguement...You're looking in the wrong place.

I was just joking and trying to get a bite :)
 
Some people reckon that street parking near the ground could be a bit dodgy regarding damage to the car. Because of this, I've decided to try the secure parking at Birmingham Wheels Raceway. It's not too far to walk and costs £5, so I've read.

Is this definitely available for our games? Ideal if it is.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom