St Andrew's parking, busses, trains, food & boozing (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Trains and pubs will be packed early doors as the Ashes is on in Edgbaston.
Trains might be busy but not pubs in Digbeth? Its miles from Edgbaston. Also fans will be at Edgbaston by 11.00 am when game starts.

Somerset Sky Blue

Trains might be busy but not pubs in Digbeth? Its miles from Edgbaston. Also fans will be at Edgbaston by 11.00 am when game starts.
Quite right, Selly park tavern was a fave of mine when watching cricket at edgbaston - never considered going to digbeth.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Definitely going to try the Roost. Outdoor beer garden and dirty cheap drinks.

lordsummerisle

If wanting to make a day of it before and after it, could always try this

Great place.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1564623641280.jpg
    FB_IMG_1564623641280.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 65

Woz01

Had an email from Birmingham wheels saying that we can certainly park there for the first two games but they hope it applies all season. I guess they will be seeing how many use it and whether its viable to them.

pusbccfc

Up early tomorrow. Plenty of beers in Birmingham. Won't be the same for every matchday, but making a day of it tomorrow.

I was eleven in 87

Sorry in advance as this may already have been answered, but can you park on the Coventry Road?
I will be arriving close to kick off as one of my family can’t get out of work early enough, so I was thinking of parking somewhere close to the ground.

Mcbean

Anyone know which side of St Andrews we will enter on for our stand which is the main stand ?

Update we are in the kop stand which is the stand to the South so no sun

Last edited:

vow

The routine at the Ricoh was the Greyhound followed by a walk down the canal tow path. The pub will be difficult to replicate due to it’s rotating choice of guest ales and excellent food.

Our plan to St Andrews is the train, followed by a walk to the ground via a pub or two for an ale and food.

Digbeth has a great choice of pubs for ale drinkers. My favourites are:

The Anchor
The Spotted Dog
Dig Brew
The Lamp Tavern
Clink / Beer Digbeth

Plus, Digbeth Dining tends to have a good selection.

Not sure which of the above will become the new pre match routine, especially as a few aren’t really food places. But the selection is impressive!
We've done The Anchor, in The Spotted Dog as I type, next on to Beer Digbeth.

Great pubs so far!

aloisiwouldhavescored

How did everyone get on with the official coaches and car parking for pick up?
Wanting to know before the next home game so we can get sorted out.

Winny the Bish

How did everyone get on with the official coaches and car parking for pick up?
Wanting to know before the next home game so we can get sorted out.
Went on one of the official coaches and it couldn't have been easier. Got to White Street for 12:50, bus left at 1:15 and we got to St Andrews just after 2. Way back was absolutely fine as well - back to White Street by 6. No issues whatsoever.

LastGarrison

Did anyone go on the buses organised by The Roost? Mentioned it to a couple of lads in the boozer last week who were adamant they weren’t going but this piqued their (and mine) interest.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Went on one of the official coaches and it couldn't have been easier. Got to White Street for 12:50, bus left at 1:15 and we got to St Andrews just after 2. Way back was absolutely fine as well - back to White Street by 6. No issues whatsoever.
Did you park in there?

theferret

Did anyone go on the buses organised by The Roost? Mentioned it to a couple of lads in the boozer last week who were adamant they weren’t going but this piqued their (and mine) interest.

Didn't myself, but was in there early and saw the landlord walk about 8 people to the bar and say these people are to get a free drink. It looked like they arrived in a minibus. I guess there wasn't the interest, and given how busy the place was, it doesn't look like they'll need to do it in future, but could be wrong. The Roost have posted a couple of twitter messages this morning so might be worth responding to one of those and asking the question.

pusbccfc

The Roost was great. Decent beer. No plastic glasses. Decent food and staff really friendly. Was busy too, beer garden rammed at one stage.

Really enjoyed it. Coventry related songs from the DJ, a great burger, top staff, cheap beer. Nice that the beer garden is covered, will be handy in the winter.

Terry_dactyl

The Roost was great. Decent beer. No plastic glasses. Decent food and staff really friendly. Was busy too, beer garden rammed at one stage.
The Roost was great was it? We stuck our head in there post match. Didn’t fancy the bangin’ tunes blasting out I’m afraid. Was it like that pre-match?

theferret

The Roost was great was it? We stuck our head in there post match. Didn’t fancy the bangin’ tunes blasting out I’m afraid. Was it like that pre-match?

Music was playing, but most people were outside anyway. Didn't mind it myself. Not sure they'll do it every week though.

Terry_dactyl

Music was playing, but most people were outside anyway. Didn't mind it myself. Not sure they'll do it every week though.
Ah, didn’t appreciate the outside aspect...maybe next time.We ended up in the Royal George Hotel, which was alright. Stood outside too. Actual glasses make a pleasant change.

vow

Did the Old Crown, before and after, great place and pub garden.
We went in the Old Crown too for one, after the slightly underwhelming and v expensive Beer Digbeth (akin to Beer Gonzo in Earlsdon), and it was a great boozer!
We ended up in The Wellington in town, Wow, warra fantastic array of Ales and great atmosphere, chatting to Blues fan's who were very accomadating of us and our Team!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread