Sorry to start up the Stadium bollox again but... (2 Viewers)

Hadji's_Goatee

Didn't the club/previous owners start it by running it so badly the council had to bail us out in the first place or do we just carry on blaming everyone else
It’s one thing for a club to be run badly. We’re talking about external corrupt forces, personal agendas, egos and vendettas preventing our club from righting itself.

The new stadium should of been the perfect platform to rise from. Alas we never had financial control of it, when we could have.

That put is us on the back foot, and almost ran us to the wall. Then SISU show up, the rest is straw man history.

Nothing good has come from the council getting involved in Arena 2000.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s one thing for a club to be run badly. We’re talking about external corrupt forces, personal agendas, egos and vendettas preventing our club from righting itself.

The new stadium should of been the perfect platform to rise from. Alas we never had financial control of it, when we could have.

That put is us on the back foot, and almost ran us to the wall. Then SISU show up, the rest is straw man history.

There was a perfect storm of England losing the 2006 World Cup bid, relegation from the Prem, ITV Digital collapsing and boardroom shenanigans. The club went from a position of relative strength to being completely exposed in a short space of time. It was then compounded by McGinnity's pretty dire tenure. And we've been paying for it ever since

The coventrian

I agree entirely but it's easy to just blame the council isnt it. The club got itself into that situation.
I wish I'd never heard of arena 2000/ricoh.

Users who are viewing this thread