Soccer am (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Has it been said why it was the old kit?

from GMK....

Apparently (from twitter) it's because it was the last kit before SISU came in.

also from gmk...

We wore that the season after SISU came. That is just perfect.

which is correct as it was the 2008/09 kit.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I used to own the main Soccer AM forum, but sensed it was going down hill and sold it :)

ajsccfc

The 60s throwback kit is still the best thing we've done in the last decade. Followed closely by winning at Old Trafford, and then probably Robbie Simpson's faceplant after scoring.

SkyBlueSid

I remember when SoccerAM was actually funny. Showing my age, I know.

I seem to recall that there was once a girl City fan on there who showed the world that she had no knickers on. Anyone remember it?

Astute

He goes to every away game. But he is an Arsenal fan.

Is the Arsenal pic an old one?

I think I know who he is. If so he is autistic. Sound lad. Was at a game and he decided that he didn't want to get the coach home so I helped him get to the train station.

Samo

I seem to recall that there was once a girl City fan on there who showed the world that she had no knickers on. Anyone remember it?

No but I do remember the Covi-Break!

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

from GMK....

Apparently (from twitter) it's because it was the last kit before SISU came in.

also from gmk...

We wore that the season after SISU came. That is just perfect.

which is correct as it was the 2008/09 kit.

even better that james lad was wearing the stupid brown shirt that sisu released as a simple money making scheme

torchomatic

Selling shirts to make money? Whatever next. Can they not sink any lower?

even better that james lad was wearing the stupid brown shirt that sisu released as a simple money making scheme

skybluelee

Nothing wrong with releasing a 125 year anniversary shirt imo.

That fucking white one, just because it was a WC year, was the one that really took the piss.

WestEndAgro

No'don't remember seeing it, but if you could find the clip anywhere :whistle:

skybluedan

Yeah I remember it ,it's funny because they all notice in the studio and are trying not to laugh

ajsccfc

Nothing wrong with releasing a 125 year anniversary shirt imo.

That fucking white one, just because it was a WC year, was the one that really took the piss.

Seconded. From the idea to the actual shirt itself, it was like an exercise in getting away with as little thought as possible.

CJ_covblaze

to be honest im surprised we didn't wear a one off kit for the return to the ricoh it tends to be the shite they come up with

A red and green or navy and pink number with all proceeds of player issue jerseys and a limited run of ones for fans to buy (1883 of them maybe?) going to a local charity would've been a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread