So who do we want? (1 Viewer)

Block19

Mark warbutton would be a good shout did a good job at Brentford and out of job in the summer

SkyBlue_Bear83

Flitcroft is worth a mention. Struggled at Barnsley but done well at Bury with no cash to spend.

Immaterial of course because its going to be Hockaday....

Flitcroft actually did a brilliant job initially at Barnsley, came in and kept them up after they looked doomed with a fantastic run of form to see them safe. Went pear shaped the next season though admittedly.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sacked by Conference Wrexham not so long ago and as for Tamworth?! Hardly an experienced and successful manager that we should be looking at.

Tough to say without knowing circumstances, his record looks very good at Wrexham. They've only gone downhill since he left, I think at this moment the jump is too big but I wouldn't write him off as a crap manager and will continue to keep one eye on him.

bawtryneal

Mark Robins. He would be my first phone call, if I was Waggott. Think he would come back ,but would SISU pay compo to Scunthorpe.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mark Robins. He would be my first phone call, if I was Waggott. Think he would come back ,but would SISU pay compo to Scunthorpe.

Would we want to go back after he walked out on his once?
Would he want to come back, we're in a worse position than when he left?

NorthernWisdom

Tough to say without knowing circumstances, his record looks very good at Wrexham. They've only gone downhill since he left, I think at this moment the jump is too big but I wouldn't write him off as a crap manager and will continue to keep one eye on him.

He had a massive budget at Wrexham and ultimately failed in not getting them up.

In fact his failure will account for their struggles now.

Paxman II

We must this time forget the 'unknowns' and get someone with proven ability time and again in the football league. Strong character, someone you just know where ever he goes he will get results and turn it around. Some one who you could almost guarantee that would happen because this club needs an immediate blood transfusion. I still think Warnock fits that bill

dongonzalos

Indeed and, again, it doesn't automatically make him a failure.

Steve Burr has achieved far more in his time as a Conference manager on far lower budgets though... but he's not a former CCFC player, so has no hope.

Completely agree Burr has fantastic potential his history would make him an outside bet for me. Due to his phenomenal success. That however puts Hockaday in perspective, Burr would be a dark Horse Hockaday would not pass the paper feed for me.

stay_up_skyblues

Sad to say but many names being mentioned I feel seem out of budget and unrealistic for the Coventry of today. Adkins, Rosler, Warnock, Warbuton no chance for me.

Best hopes for me an appointment from lower leagues or at a push the same league used to working on a shoe string budget and with a record record of promotion to/from league 1/champ at some point or in the least bringing young players through.

In reality and as alluded to in many posts, Hockaday will be put in place until end of season and if he manages to keep us up he will get the job ahead of further budget cuts and likely relegation next season.

mark82

Would rather take an up and coming. Would love Hasselbaink. Happy with Ainsworth, Still or Keith Hill.

My out there one would be Richard Hill from Eastleigh. Took over in 2012. Got them promoted from conference south last year, currently sitting 6th, just outside playoffs with a game in hand.

Last edited:

M&B Stand

Dickie Dosh or Paul Cook or Alexander or wisey.

to be honest Jesus would struggle to resurrect this club.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

2Q==
Nick+Hewer+National+Television+Awards+Inside+hsslTBIGKY8l.jpg

Leaving "The Apprentice " shortly . Timing couldn't be better .

SkyBlue_Bear83

Noel Blake ex England under 19 boss is now 14/1 from nowhere

Yea had no idea who he was until I looked him up, done a poor job at Exeter around 15 years. Has been coaching England youth teams from 2007 and 2009-2104 he was the U19 manager, was appointed coach at Blackpool in June 2014 and left them in December 2014.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
True, but you never know. If he so widhed, i suppose he could orchestrate a move away from Fleetwood to join his boyhood club. I know im clutching at streaws here but im a coventry fan, i have to

Didn't Gary Rowett do something similar despite Birmingham being in the shite? Worked alright for them ;)

If only we could actually 'poach' someone. We did that with Pressley and look how it worked for him. Reputation tarnished!

RoboCCFC90

Greg Abbott fancy a go? Currently an assistant. Would he want to return to being a number 1 for the club he started out at?

I am not sure that's the right move at this time..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoboCCFC90

While we are mentioning names let's have Ally McCoist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sumo the Micky Quinn

He had a massive budget at Wrexham and ultimately failed in not getting them up.

In fact his failure will account for their struggles now.

Andy Morrell took over as player manager Sept 2011 when they were in 2nd spot, he maintained that position to finish 2nd in the Conference Prem., the following season they finished 5th(final play-off spot). The following season he resigned in Feb with the club in 13th. He was replaced by Kevin Wilkin (resigned from Nuneaton Town who were 6th) and finished last season with Wrexham 17th (Nuneaton 13th).

He was out of work until Tamworth (3rd bottom Conf. N.) offered him a position, much to the annoyance of Nuneaton fans, as Nuneaton took on Liam Daish around the same time.
Tamworth now 3rd in the table.

Users who are viewing this thread