So who do we want? (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

I think it may have been said already on here but next manager betting at this level is based on such small figures that a small bet can rocket somebody up the list and I don't think the bookies will take big bets in case of a sneaky club.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would like Warnock but these players couldn't cope with Pressley so what would Warnock do to them? But being realistic it will probably be Hockaday (a nice cheap option).

I would love to see the list of applicants I bet there are some wacky options on there!

Astute

I would like Warnock but these players couldn't cope with Pressley so what would Warnock do to them? But being realistic it will probably be Hockaday (a nice cheap option).

I would love to see the list of applicants I bet there are some wacky options on there!

No to Colin from me. We need someone to bring our club together and not pull it apart even further.

torchomatic

I still think the Kemp Brothers could do a job.

Is `Roy of the Rovers' available to become `Roy of the City'? If we've ever needed good old Roy, it's now!

Gosford Green

A lot of the managers suggested would not come here in a million years.

Richard Money. Proven at this level always gets the best with what he has available.

Terry Gibson's perm

No to Colin from me. We need someone to bring our club together and not pull it apart even further.

A winner and I would love to see him tear Waggott a new one but would have zero interest with these fools in charge. I can see what you mean about bring the club together but I think he only really needs to manage the team and get the fans onside forget all this about the academy and whole club business it's time to concentrate on the first team.

I really don't know who a realistic choice is

Wheelfass

Really? Got Walsall out of 4th Division and failed to get them promoted from the third.
Re Richard Money.
Got Cambride Utd promoted last season though with two Wembley appearances along the way. However, he won't leave the Abbey Stadium because he has too much going for him there. They have a stadium with plans to develop, a good academy structure, and a very amiable and approachable chairman in Dave Doggett.

Grendel

Why do we always have to drag past associates with the club?

Money had a poor record at Luton and was largely indifferent at Walsall anyway.

steveecov

Waggott had contingency plans in place by bringing in Hockaday a couple of weeks ago. Based on his performance over the next few games he will be in post for the remainder of the season. I wouldn't expect any high profile managers either being interested or considered so my dosh would be on someone like Richard Money or Hill both of whom are working with limited resources at their respective clubs.

Totally agree, and as a summer contract depending on results; James Beattie. But Hockaday has got to be positive.....not sure that's in his DNA.

Woodster

Hopefully we can make the appointment, whoever it is decided as, ASAP.

From Saturday we have got 7 games in 21 days, wait towards the end of this period and we could well find the club is already down.

Jackoskyblue

I would hope for an announcement end of the week, be good to have the new man in the stands on Saturday ready to take over on Monday

ajsccfc

When this thread was the last updated, the threads on the first page aligned perfectly. Nick's gone mad.

ujeUMmE.png

pete212

Any half decent manager wouldn't touch us with a barge pole.
I include Gary Johnson and Billy McNeill and Nigel Adkins in that category

Gazolba

So who do we want?

s

It will be the same as when Thorn was replaced. There will be an enormous number of stated 'applicants'. Before we even know who they are, that large number will be pared down by a half and then by another half. There will be rumours that some applications came from HM prisons or lunatic asylums. Then we will hear a few names (who we wanted) have dropped out of contention or were never in the running in the first place, didn't want the job etc.. Then we will hear that they are getting close but cannot name any names yet. Then we will hear some small number are still in the running. Then finally they will name 2 or 3 people who are the final candidates. We will never know who most of the other candidates were (or if they even existed). Finally it will come down to one candidate who will go against Hockaday. This final outside candidate will not be near the top of anyone's want list. Whether it is Hockaday or the as yet unknown final candidate will depend solely on how well Hockaday does while he is in temporary charge. If SISU can save money, they will.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Ah must be making it up, I forgot that proper clubs always release lists of every manager who has applied

Users who are viewing this thread