So who do we want? (1 Viewer)

Jackoskyblue

My long shot has made the betting from nowhere. Currently 7/1 with Skybet and 10/1 bet victor. Imagine if I called it right? :eek:

To be fair I requested odds on Graham Alexander from Sky bet he got put in at 12/1 and within an hour bet victor had him down and cov telegraph wrote about him in live updated. All from someone nowhere near in the know asking for odds. Crazy isn't it

sw88

Chief Commentator!
To be fair I requested odds on Graham Alexander from Sky bet he got put in at 12/1 and within an hour bet victor had him down and cov telegraph wrote about him in live updated. All from someone nowhere near in the know asking for odds. Crazy isn't it

As mentioned earlier in the post by a couple, difficult to call as odds for this league as as soon as a couple of bets / £ are placed, the odds improve.

Be good if I got it right though! I'm usually way out when guessing things (this is purely a selfish call though, not sure if he'd be my number 1 choice, but I don't think Pressley was either)

SkyBlue_Bear83

How long before we have a telegraph article saying there sources understand Alexander is in contention and one of the 8 shortlisted names?

torchomatic

Oh God no. Haven't we learnt from past mistakes?

John Hartson came out of nowhere to second favourite now.

Woodster

John Hartson came out of nowhere to second favourite now.

Would seem bizarre to appoint him as boss, given Waggot's comments.

Mowbray managed Hartson at West Brom (originally said Celtic, I lied), perhaps he's lining him up for a coaching role? Hartson works closely with the media, stray comment about an opportunity at Coventry could've been taken out of context somewhere?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Would seem bizarre to appoint him as boss, given Waggot's comments.

Mowbray managed Hartson at West Brom (originally said Celtic, I lied), perhaps he's lining him up for a coaching role? Hartson works closely with the media, stray comment about an opportunity at Coventry could've been taken out of context somewhere?

Wouldn't really be a reason for him to come into the odds running though.....

Like the idea though, although think he's probably more likely to stay a pundit

Terry Gibson's perm

Until Les Reid announces it we will just have to keep guessing.

Just looked on Sky bet there are some horrible options on there!

kg82

Someone on fb just suggested putting money on Alan Irvine. I really, really, reallllly hope it's not him.

The Reverend Skyblue

I love a good conspiracy so here goes.

Waggott has approached Warburton at Brentford ,who we know is out of a job come May,who has said he is interested but he will come season end. In the meantime he said to help us stay up and for him to come to us as a league 1 club he will loan us their striker ,who isn't in the first teams plans, but who he knows could do a great job keeping us up.

So in come the German striker I can't spell.

what about that.

Last edited:

kg82

I love a good conspiracy so here goes.

Waggott has approached Warburton at Brentford ,who we know is out of a job come May,who has said he is interested but he will come season end. In the meantime he said to help us stay up and for him to come to us as a league 1 club he will loan us their striker ,who isn't in the first teams plans, but who he knows could do a great job keeping us up.

So in come the German striker I can't spell.

what about that.

Haha, I definitely like that theory!

rupert_bear

Have I missed something, why is Warburton a free agent at the end of the season, don't know a lot about him but he's done okay at Brentford.

steveecov

Warburton and Hockaday makes me think of bread and German wine.

As tenuous a link as some on here.

Got this scene in my head: SW interviewing new striker "we have Hockady here."...."where do I sign?"

Terry Gibson's perm

Can't see is being Warburton he could be taking Brentford (yes I know Brentford) in the the prem (I know it's not likely) to come to a club that could be in the bottom league and owners with zero ambition and no available funds. I know the draw of working for Waggot is there:claping hands: but I just can't see that one.

I still think it will be Mowbray but would like Rosler we haven't had many foreign managers!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Rosler rose to 3rd favourite today, I imagine thats people putting 2+2 together from signing a Brentford player today (ignoring the fact that the player has never played under Rosler)

The Reverend Skyblue

Have I missed something, why is Warburton a free agent at the end of the season, don't know a lot about him but he's done okay at Brentford.

Rupert if I may call you that, Warburton has been told by the club that he will lose his job at the end of the season whatever position they finish. It was big news about a month ago. I think the club are looking at the image its manager portrays, I think that was the reason they gave.

So a young successful with a promotion on his CV and a win rate above 40% is free at the end of the season. It was rumoured that he may go to QPR, but they seem to have settled on Ramsey for the future.

I think he's out our league, but you never know, if you don't approach you wont get to know what he will do

Users who are viewing this thread