Snoz sell out (1 Viewer)

Astute

Sillett was half of the partnership that gave us our proudest moment. I rate Curtis and Sillett second only to Hill. He is 100% CCFC.

So if anyone does or says anything that could be seen as helping SISU they are a puppet? I do not fully agree with a cup boycott. Does that make me half a puppet or am I just missing the strings?

It has become a very bad time to be associated in any way with our club when you can't say anything that could be seen as what SISU want you to say. Are the ones having a go at Sillett too young to remember what he did for our club over the years?

ccfcdan

Wether people agree with it or not. Sillett has decided to go public and not back the boycott. As has already been said that's his choice. It won't make any difference to me and shouldn't make a difference to the others boycotting. Sisu have and are ruining OUR club and no-one will be able to come out and deter the majority of us from boycotting as its what we strongly believe in. As for those that are planning on going into the ground, Enjoy the immense atmosphere that 3000 fans will make! SISU OUT

CUS Wyken

Sillett was half of the partnership that gave us our proudest moment. I rate Curtis and Sillett second only to Hill. He is 100% CCFC.

So if anyone does or says anything that could be seen as helping SISU they are a puppet? I do not fully agree with a cup boycott. Does that make me half a puppet or am I just missing the strings?

It has become a very bad time to be associated in any way with our club when you can't say anything that could be seen as what SISU want you to say. Are the ones having a go at Sillett too young to remember what he did for our club over the years?

You didn't answer my question astute?

Why did Sillett go on last nights show and publically talk against the boycott? Why would he feel the need to mention anything? There was/is a reason behind it

RegTheDonk

Don't think he said he was against the protest. Just said players respond to the crowd and having them there would give them a lift. Protest beforehand, fair enough, but having as many people in the ground at kick off was what he was getting at.

Astute

Don't think he said he was against the protest. Just said players respond to the crowd and having them there would give them a lift. Protest beforehand, fair enough, but having as many people in the ground at kick off was what he was getting at.

Spot on. Some don't understand though.

Grendel

I agree 100% with your comments. Sillett was effectively the manager that season and then continued succesfully after that. One season we were 4th until near the end of the campaign when we then fell away. He was treated shamefully by the club after 1 poorish season (though excellent by today's standards) and then Butcher came in and the decline started.
Now he is a traitor, puppet, senile? How sad as he just expressed a different view from others and as if the question was set up - that is paranoid - it was the key topic of discussion during the night.
I heard Micky Gynn express similar views the other week - perhaps SISU are bribing him as well. Gould must be on the payroll too. Of course the common demoninator here is that they are all football people. I think most footballers (ex included) will take the view expressed and say what he said - they divirce themselves from boardroom issues and are only interested in what happens on the pitch.

Grendel

Why did CWR put him on then, makes no difference Sillett is fast becoming irrevelent and he wasn't manager of the cup winning team.Be interesting if it is in the Telegraph which is part of Trinity news, one of Hoffmans interests

He wasn't manager of the cup winning team? So now you are re-writing history as well as "knowing" the future destiny of the club? Is there no end to your talents? Or beginning?

Macca

this thread has finally made me give up, the club is fucked all the way through. Threads like this show that SISU have won. Turned the fans against each other spouting paranoid nonsense and slating legends who once made the club the polar opposite of the farce it is today.

Thorn is a great manager, Snoz a traitor, pass me my pills

Godiva

Wether people agree with it or not. Sillett has decided to go public and not back the boycott. As has already been said that's his choice. It won't make any difference to me and shouldn't make a difference to the others boycotting. Sisu have and are ruining OUR club and no-one will be able to come out and deter the majority of us from boycotting as its what we strongly believe in. As for those that are planning on going into the ground, Enjoy the immense atmosphere that 3000 fans will make! SISU OUT

This is interesting.
I wonder how anyone will gauge if the boycott is a success or not.
What if there are more than 3000 at the match?
When we earlier played Southamton there were 15600 in the stands. Will an attendance less than that prove the boycott a success?
What if 18000 turns up ... or even 20000?

I am not at all sure that a majority of the fans are in favour of the boycott.

Astute

A majority of the loudest seem to be in favour. Otherwise the rest are keeping quiet not to be shot down by them.

ajsccfc

Astute. You seem a clued up bod. Why would Sillett be on the show last night? There was no book to plug, no cup game today, no special anniversary as such.

I can only assume you're going to similarly question the relevance of every single guest they have on each week from now on if it doesn't coincide with a product or specific date.

ccfcdan

If the boycott helps to highlight the clubs plight in the national/world media and put further pressure on Sisu then id say it has been a sucess.

At the Crystal Palace game in the third round last season the attendance was 8162. Id use this figure as a gauge as if the boycott has not had an impact then the attendance would be similarr :S

I would urge all fans that are not going into the game to come along and join in the protest outside the Ricoh, And those fans that are going in to join in for the first 15 mins.

PUSB:guitar2:

johnwillomagic

Astute have to agree with you the attitude of the so called "true" fans to those who will not be boycotting is very disappointing.

They seem to be taking the morale high ground which is my opinion they have no right to do. Also I would be interested to see how many would suggest a boycott if we had drawn a big guy out the hat at home......I suspect they would not boycott which makes a mockery of them taking the moral high ground and abusing people who will attend the game! :facepalm:

I am not sure if I will make the game or not to be honest for work reasons but think the cup provides a welcome relief to an otherwise bleak season. We have a home draw which is winnable and gives us a good chance to progress. In my opinion it would help more if all turned up and cheered the boys on and helped to get our name in the hat.

Also question the minimal effect this boycott will have off field to the effect it will have on our players on the field. Last year we only got 7,086 for 3rd round tie agiant championship side at homeanyway. If Sisu have any brains they will have expected a lowish crowd again anyway....l.doubt they budgeted for more than 10k attendance. If the boycotters think sisu will have budgeted for 35k and this boycott will have a crushing blow I beg to differ.

Anyhow it is clear that we all care about the plight of the club my main point is that whether people boycott or do not boycott it does not make them more or less of a fan! :)

Hoping/preying for three points today anyhow let's get behind the boys! PUSB

CUS Wyken

I can only assume you're going to similarly question the relevance of every single guest they have on each week from now on if it doesn't coincide with a product or specific date.

AJ you know there's always a reason why special guests are on the show. They dont just randomly pick someone, there's always logic behind it. Thats why they have producers for shows

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
he expressed his opinion nothing more or less. He is entitled to just as anyone else is without being belittled or accused of selling out. His opinion has been the same ever since a boycott was suggested. It is an opinion no more valid than anyone else, it might not agree with yours but it doesn't make him less of a fan for it.

CWR would seek to add balance and discussion to the programme - they are often accused of not doing so. When they do they get accused of setting things up.

Too many people seeing conspiracy round every corner. Too many people being intolerant and unwilling to listen to a different view. Our only strength is to be as one in support of our team - our greatest weakness is intolerance of a different opinion from those who support. Debate even argue, share your opinions and long may they be many & varied but do it with some damn respect especially for those who like you support the team in any way they can

just an opinion - mine :)

to be clear - not aimed at anyone in particular but all in general

Last edited:

ajsccfc

AJ you know there's always a reason why special guests are on the show. They dont just randomly pick someone, there's always logic behind it. Thats why they have producers for shows

I've heard Claus Jorgensen be a CWR guest on a few occasions, and I'm struggling to think why he'd be a special guest.

The logic behind their guests tends to be 'has a link to Coventry City'.

CUS Wyken

I've heard Claus Jorgensen be a CWR guest on a few occasions, and I'm struggling to think why he'd be a special guest.

The logic behind their guests tends to be 'has a link to Coventry City'.
Claus may do commentary but i cant remember them phoning him up on a Friday night for no reason.

ICHAN

Sometimes I get baffled by somethings I read on here.

Whatever snozz said, does it make a blind bit of differance?

Surely if your boycotting the match what snoz said makes not a blind bit of differance to what you do.
Like wise if your not going to boycott, if snoz says he is behind the boycott would those who were not going to boycott suddenly boycott the match.

Come on thats like any advertisment on the telly just because someone famous may be advertising it it does not make me want to go out and buy the damn thing.

What snoz said will make no differance whatsoever how many attend or boycott the game.

But to call the man a sisu puppet just because he does not support the boycott which he is entitled to do is disrespectful to the man who if you watch the fa cup final kicked every fucking ball on that pitch that day and ran on every blade of grass with the lads who were out on the pitch, and it is a sad day to be calling him anything other than a TRUE SKY BLUE.

So if he is a sisu puppet or whatever then so is every other fan who will not be boycotting the game.

CUS Wyken

Surely if your boycotting the match what snoz said makes not a blind bit of differance to what you do.
Like wise if your not going to boycott, if snoz says he is behind the boycott would those who were not going to boycott suddenly boycott the match.

Come on thats like any advertisment on the telly just because someone famous may be advertising it it does not make me want to go out and buy the damn thing.

What snoz said will make no differance whatsoever how many attend or boycott the game.

But to call the man a sisu puppet just because he does not support the boycott which he is entitled to do is disrespectful to the man who if you watch the fa cup final kicked every fecking ball on that pitch that day and ran on every blade of grass with the lads who were out on the pitch, and it is a sad day to be calling him anything other than a TRUE SKY BLUE.

So if he is a sisu puppet or whatever then so is every other fan who will not be boycotting the game.

Who called him a sisu puppet? I don't think he is, but do feel there was a agenda behind his comments and appearance last night

ICHAN

Never said you did CUS.
Does it matter CUS that is what I was trying to get at?

You will boycott the match, good for you I do not have a problem with that or anyone else boycotting the match, as I do not have a problem with those who will go to the match.

If it was a sisu ploy then how silly are they?

As i say if people suddenly change their mind because snoz says so then they are very weak minded and easily lead people anyway and they would proberly stand at the gate/turnstyle deciding weather to go or not for the entire 90 mins.

I may have utmost respect for Snoz and what he did for our club but he would have no influance whatsoever in what I wanted to do.

Delboycov

I still maintain he should've stuck to his "I don't get involved in off field matters" stance. There would be no debate if he had and he wouldn't have upset either viewpoint...he's entitled to his opinion but I personally feel he should've kept it to himself with feelings running so high.

EleanorRigby

He wasn't manager of the cup winning team? So now you are re-writing history as well as "knowing" the future destiny of the club? Is there no end to your talents? Or beginning?
An absolute fact John Sillett was NOT the manager of the the cup winning team, check it out and let me know what you have found.

Delboycov

George Curtis had the official title in 1987 ER but I think everyone know's Snoz was the main man involved with the playing side.

EleanorRigby

George Curtis had the official title in 1987 ER but I think everyone know's Snoz was the main man involved with the playing side.
Football management is not just about the playing side it's also about managing men, controlling players and harmonising the dressing room something George Curtis was excellent at. For the record IMO it was a sad day Curtis stepped down from the dressing room and should have been persueded to stay

Delboycov

Football management is not just about the playing side it's also about managing men, controlling players and harmonising the dressing room something George Curtis was excellent at. For the record IMO it was a sad day Curtis stepped down from the dressing room and should have been persueded to stay

Totally agree with you there...that partnership was something very special...akin to Clough and Taylor and it's such a shame we'll never know what it could've achieved. I was close to a few of the squad at the time and they would've run through brick walls for both those guys. Met them both at the 87 reunion at the ground a few years ago and you could tell the chemistry between them is still there.

ICHAN

I agree. But I personally think getting a legend like John involved just makes the situation worse.

I have no issue with what your saying CUS but it only makes the situation worse if you feel or want it to.

If their was no heated debate on this and just a debate on what was said, if anyone from sisu or cov read this forum, then if they did this for a reason then they will have succeeded in their plan due to fans getting into heated debate about something that is nothing more than someone saying something that some fans will be for or against.

Discuss but unfortunatly as with most thread's at the moment things do go off the main point of the thread and starts to divide the gap of fan unity even more.
This is understandable due to the current climate of what is happening at the club but we as fans should just be debating topics without it becoming I am a better fan than you scenario.
This has been by no means aimed at you Cus or any individual but at the forum in general

ICHAN

Totally agree with you there...that partnership was something very special...akin to Clough and Taylor and it's such a shame we'll never know what it could've achieved. I was close to a few of the squad at the time and they would've run through brick walls for both those guys. Met them both at the 87 reunion at the ground a few years ago and you could tell the chemistry between them is still there.

Shame some of this can not be rejuvinated into the squad at the moment Delboycov.

Delboycov

Shame some of this can not be rejuvinated into the squad at the moment Delboycov.
That could make all the differance on the pitch now players totally united to the cause and utmost beleif and respect for the management

Wouldn't that be great ICHAN! There are definitely similarities between Thorn and Sillett and not just the waistline! Maybe he needs his own version of GC to work alongside him and tell him when he's talking shite ;-)

Macca

Now he's said something we don't agree with let's downplay his role in our FA Cup win too.

its quite unbelievable isn't it. God help us if JH says anything out of turn. It will be like that mob pulling down Saddams statue

torchomatic

It will only influence weak minded fools. If John Sillett had come on the radio and said that everyone should jump in front of a train then how many would do it?

He gave his opinion and it happens to be different to what some people think and now he's getting accused of being "against fans", which is totally untrue.

I can't see what all the fuss is about to be honest.

Torchy we get that you're going in, I respect you for it. I don't agree but your choice and no problem. However to think that Snoz saying it won't influence people is way off the mark and you must know that despite what you've posted. Aj I think many of your "likes" have come from me but I think you seem hellbent on playing devils advocate for the sake of being controversial recently.

Can you not see that we're just as entitled to say that we thing JS is wrong as he is for saying he doesn't back the campaign? We could all go round in circles tripping eachother up, but both sides of all arguments are often worth listening to.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Totally spot on. If you're going to boycott or not then JS and his personal opinion isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference. If you're boycotting then great, good for you, do what you need to do. If you're going into the ground and supporting your team then that's good too.

As someone else pointed out the boycotters do seem to be taking the moral high ground on here and have an attitude that those who aren't boycotting are somehow letting themselves and their fellow fans down.

Each to their own is how it should be.

But to call the man a sisu puppet just because he does not support the boycott which he is entitled to do is disrespectful to the man who if you watch the fa cup final kicked every fucking ball on that pitch that day and ran on every blade of grass with the lads who were out on the pitch, and it is a sad day to be calling him anything other than a TRUE SKY BLUE.

Users who are viewing this thread