Snoz sell out (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Only caught part of the interview but thought I heard him say "I don't get involved in off field matters" then by commenting on the boycott he did. Think with feelings running so high with fans and it being such a controversial subject he should have stopped at his 1st comment.

It does sound like he's being somewhat naive at least; if he hasn't been wheeled out by SISU in a PR move, well he's certainly sang a song of his own accord that will have been music to their ears. Of course some people will listen to a club legend.

As it goes, I think he's just a bit old fashioned and out of touch on this issue, much like Gould. Some fans will have also thought that about his recent defence of Thorn (although that particular case did have my backing). Didn't that imply that Thorn had received zero support from the owners? Can he not see that his latest views are somewhat contradictory to that argument? Is he just a little bit senile?

It won't make any difference to me, or my 3 mates. We have our own minds, ta Snozz, and feel as strongly about boycotting as ever. A scrappy win against the 2nd worse team in the division and a bit of takeover speculation do not paper over the disgraceful abuse of our club in the past few years.

torchomatic

This whole thing is ridiculous. Just because he doesn't believe a boycott will help he is labelled as being "against the fans". A bit pathetic, I think. Everyone is entitled to their own views believe it or not.

I'm not saying he don't believe in it but it's strange how he's coming out in public against fans despite saying he's not interested in off the field topics.

Pot kettle black

CUS Wyken

This whole thing is ridiculous. Just because he doesn't believe a boycott will help he is labelled as being "against the fans". A bit pathetic, I think. Everyone is entitled to their own views believe it or not.

Why is he so bothered?

Don't he realise the fans are trying to oust SISU...

The majority of fans don't want sisu and these protest/boycott is proof. That's him saying the fans are wrong for what there doing...

So yes it is a comment against the majortiy of fans.

If only 4k turn up then we've made a point all against what John and others have said. We have a mind of our own. Don't need a hero like John telling us different

CUS Wyken

Do you not see the irony in saying this while criticising John Sillett for saying something you don't happen to like?

Difference is... He's trying to turn people against it. Whose people gonna listen to more. Some no-mark from Wyken or a fella who won the FA cup for us.

That's my point

ajsccfc

How can you possibly know what he's trying to do? You're doing little more than making assumptions to undermine him purely because he's saying things you don't want to hear.

torchomatic

Exactly! That is my point. He's saying fans are "wrong", he is saying he doesn't agree with it. And to me it doesn't make any difference if it John Sillett saying it or some ordinary fan on CWR; everyone is entitled to their opinion. And some on here don't like it. It's the "my way or the highway" attitude of some fans that annoys me.

Do you not see the irony in saying this while criticising John Sillett for saying something you don't happen to like?

CUS Wyken

Exactly! That is my point. He's saying fans are "wrong", he is saying he doesn't agree with it. And to me it doesn't make any difference if it John Sillett saying it or some ordinary fan on CWR; everyone is entitled to their opinion. And some on here don't like it. It's the "my way or the highway" attitude of some fans that annoys me.

It makes a massive difference who says it! If A bloke from sisu said it then who would listen? No-one.

torchomatic

What an odd thing to say. People will hopefully make up their own minds I would have thought regardless of who is voicing their opinions.

We are all fans regardless of what we choose to do at the Southampton game. As I've said before, I'm going in.

Difference is... He's trying to turn people against it. Whose people gonna listen to more. Some no-mark from Wyken or a fella who won the FA cup for us.

That's my point

torchomatic

Why shouldn't he? He was asked a question and he answered it. What's the problem?

Why else would he publically come out against it then?

Like he said, he don't get involved in off field topics

CUS Wyken

What an odd thing to say. People will hopefully make up their own minds I would have thought regardless of who is voicing their opinions.

We are all fans regardless of what we choose to do at the Southampton game. As I've said before, I'm going in.

Good for you. Answer me this tho. Why did sillett come out and say he's against the boycott?

ajsccfc

Why else would he publically come out against it then?

Like he said, he don't get involved in off field topics

Saying he's not keen on a radio show listened to by a relative handful of fans isn't really involvement, and barely counts as a public statement.

If he's fronting ticket drives and giving multiple interviews against the boycott that'll be different, but for now it's a fairly innocuous comment you've centered on. If he said he doesn't like to get involved but then showed support for the boycott would you similarly point out the contradiction?

CUS Wyken

Saying he's not keen on a radio show listened to by a relative handful of fans isn't really involvement, and barely counts as a public statement.

If he's fronting ticket drives and giving multiple interviews against the boycott that'll be different, but for now it's a fairly innocuous comment you've centered on. If he said he doesn't like to get involved but then showed support for the boycott would you similarly point out the contradiction?

It will make the telegraph just like Goulds comment.

There was a reason why he was on the show tonight. If they were going to do a FA cup themed show them next week would be the one for him. Because they had Jan on they had to have a difference of opinion. For whatever reason that was. John was the man to do it... Clever eh

EleanorRigby

Why did CWR put him on then, makes no difference Sillett is fast becoming irrevelent and he wasn't manager of the cup winning team.Be interesting if it is in the Telegraph which is part of Trinity news, one of Hoffmans interests

ajsccfc

Whoever was on would be asked about the boycott. What else would come up on a show about Coventry City that lasts more than 30 seconds?

How likely is it that people who were set on boycotting would now think 'well Sillett's not keen, all of a sudden I'm content with SISU'?

CUS Wyken

Whoever was on would be asked about the boycott. What else would come up on a show about Coventry City that lasts more than 30 seconds?

When was the last time sillett appeared on a Friday night? I can't Remember him been on for a longtime anyway. All a bit suss.

rob9872

Torchy we get that you're going in, I respect you for it. I don't agree but your choice and no problem. However to think that Snoz saying it won't influence people is way off the mark and you must know that despite what you've posted. Aj I think many of your "likes" have come from me but I think you seem hellbent on playing devils advocate for the sake of being controversial recently.

Can you not see that we're just as entitled to say that we thing JS is wrong as he is for saying he doesn't back the campaign? We could all go round in circles tripping eachother up, but both sides of all arguments are often worth listening to.

ajsccfc

I'm not trying to be controversial at all, I'm just flabbergasted that even John Sillett isn't beyond character assassination in the name of 'SISU puppet'

Anyone disagreeing with Sillett about his views is fine, but to assert that there's a sinister agenda as if it's some kind of fact or that he's being scripted, not having that at all.

rob9872

But wern't you saying that the love in for Keys wan't justified? Whilst I do agree to some length, in that all RK says is true and good, the flip side is that not everything JS says should be deemed gospel either and people are perfectly entitled to disagree with some of what he says without disrespecting the man or his character.

ajsccfc

People disagreeing with him isn't the issue, it's the insinuation that it's not even his opinion and he's just been thrust into the limelight as a mindless mouthpiece that I don't like. That's what I'd consider disrespecting the man and his character with little basis (yet).

rob9872

But the opinion of others is that it isn't his opinion and even if you disagree with that sentiment in the current climate you must understand why people have that opinion? I certainly think the timing is odd and knowing how many people of the city feel about the current incumbents it would have been easy to decline the invitation or dodge the issue. If I'm being totally honest then I think he should have refused the Life President role since we already have two of those and based on what happened previously. To the fans that would have been an even bigger statement and gained further recogniotion among a new generation who were not followers in 87. It would have gained more publicity and been a massive kick in the teeth for the regime. Surely he doesn't believe they are doing a great job by any stretch? Perhaps he is out of touch wit hthe average fan these days having had many years of hospitality and not been part of the suffering. I'm not obhjecting to that btw as he deserves it, but it's long way from many fans reality.

ajsccfc

When the first instinct is to discredit rather than disagree, there's something wrong there.

If there is something suspicious about the timing or circumstance, that's all it is; suspicion. Similarly if I'm quiestioning Richard Key's motives as self-promotion, at the same time I'm also well aware he can be perfectly valid and have the best intentions. I can't tell people Keys is a bullshitter, much like nobody can say with any certainty that Sillett is being used as a damage limitation tool (which I also wouldn't rule out).

Last edited:

rob9872

Cynicism is the only string we can hold on to with any confidence after so many years of hurt and discontent.

dadgad

Very disappointed in Sillett over this.
Never thought of him as a stooge.
Should realise that the long term interests of the club are FAR MoRE IMPORTANT than one game.

rob9872

Actually I should probably have chosen scepticism of cynicism but I'm sure you get it.

cloughie

But the opinion of others is that it isn't his opinion and even if you disagree with that sentiment in the current climate you must understand why people have that opinion? I certainly think the timing is odd and knowing how many people of the city feel about the current incumbents it would have been easy to decline the invitation or dodge the issue. If I'm being totally honest then I think he should have refused the Life President role since we already have two of those and based on what happened previously. To the fans that would have been an even bigger statement and gained further recogniotion among a new generation who were not followers in 87. It would have gained more publicity and been a massive kick in the teeth for the regime. Surely he doesn't believe they are doing a great job by any stretch? Perhaps he is out of touch wit hthe average fan these days having had many years of hospitality and not been part of the suffering. I'm not obhjecting to that btw as he deserves it, but it's long way from many fans reality.

The best post about this situation and on reflection I hope that sillett would have wished he had refused the appointment

Under the current circumstances it would have spoke volumes and further endeared him to the fans

Nonleagueherewecome

Cynicism is the only string we can hold on to with any confidence after so many years of hurt and discontent.

This sounds like me and women :(

Delboycov

I think only the very naive could believe the club awarded this Life Presidency to Sillett for any other reason than for PR points in the fight to appease the revolting masses. The timing of it makes it very difficult for me to believe otherwise. To use a CCFC legend like Sillett as a pawn in their game is pretty low as far as I'm concerned and I'm disappointed he accepted under the current regime as the club is being destroyed by them.

I do think his commenting on the boycott was more to do with naivety and being 'old school' rather than him being a SISU puppet...but I think they know exactly what they're doing....for a change!

Macca

You re all losing the plot by the sound of it. As soon as a credible offer is in they will do one. Hopefully very soon. Leave a club legend out of it

Astute

I like it.

It is the fault of AT, RR, JS, in fact anyone that is trying to help our club.

I admit I was one of the last of us to realise that SISU are bad for our club. Why look for scapegoats? I am not sure the boycott will get us anywhere other than to hand the advantage to Southampton. We need a cup run. Southampton are not unbeatable. They just lost to the team we just beat. I admire Sillett. To some of you he is just another SISU puppet. I take it that anyone that has anything to do with our club is just a SISU puppet, shit at their job or just plain bullshitting?

CUS Wyken

I like it.

It is the fault of AT, RR, JS, in fact anyone that is trying to help our club.

I admit I was one of the last of us to realise that SISU are bad for our club. Why look for scapegoats? I am not sure the boycott will get us anywhere other than to hand the advantage to Southampton. We need a cup run. Southampton are not unbeatable. They just lost to the team we just beat. I admire Sillett. To some of you he is just another SISU puppet. I take it that anyone that has anything to do with our club is just a SISU puppet, shit at their job or just plain bullshitting?

Astute. You seem a clued up bod. Why would Sillett be on the show last night? There was no book to plug, no cup game today, no special anniversary as such.

The reason was to put a different opinion on the show regarding the boycott. Now you've gotta see that there was a reason behind his appearance on the show. First time I've heard him on there for a long time...

Mr T - Sukka!

John Sillet is a SISU gimp. I cant believe he has come out and said this. He should be loyal to CCFC but he is showing all loyalty to SISU.

What a sellout this guy is! I thought he was fully behind CCFC.

I think the real thing here is, SISU are very behind him if you know what i mean!:jerkit:

Users who are viewing this thread