Snoz sell out (1 Viewer)

rob9872

I know he is LP wit hthem but I wish he hadn't said that :( so disappointed in a man I respect immensely.

rob9872

Basicaly saying he doesn't back any boycott or protest outside even for 15 minutes. His choice but better imo to have said nothing at all.

skyblueinBaku

Basicaly saying he doesn't back any boycott or protest outside even for 15 minutes. His choice but better imo to have said nothing at all.
Where did he say that he doesn't back a boycott or protest? I must have missed that post.

rob9872

On the CWR phone in that's still on now

Astute

Do you know who Snoz is?

Not everyone backs protests. I am unsure what is best myself. The boys need our support and also an extra £100,000 or so won't be the difference of SISU going or not, but a protest could put any investors off. It might make them worry what could happen if instant success never happened.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Its only like someone phoning and saying 'I agree with the boycott and wont be attending the game'. Why cant the guy say what his plans are?

I support a protest, but wont be joining the boycott, not even for the 15 minutes. And Im doing this because I dont want to punish the players for SISU's actions. Opinion only (or would you have preferred I hadnt mentioned this :) )

ajsccfc

I don't see how he's sold out or being told what to say, maybe he just doesn't personally agree with the boycott and that's all there is to it?

CUS Wyken

I don't see how he's sold out or being told what to say, maybe he just doesn't personally agree with the boycott and that's all there is to it?

So why go public? Surely there's a reason behind his appearance on the radio. When was the last time you heard him interviewed?

Sutty

So why go public? Surely there's a reason behind his appearance on the radio. When was the last time you heard him interviewed?

He quite often does the commentary on Cov games.

Heaven forbid a CCFC radio show might get a famous name from the club's history to give opinions.

ajsccfc

Depends. I'm not listening, but was it 'here's snoz with an important announcement' or was he just there as a guest and happened to be asked about a current event?

CUS Wyken

He quite often does the commentary on Cov games.

Heaven forbid a CCFC radio show might get a famous name from the club's history to give opinions.

I rarely hear the commentary but I can't remember the last time he was interviewed. There seemed to be a reason behind why he came on the show... I wonder if there was no boycott he'd still Be on there?

CUS Wyken

Depends. I'm not listening, but was it 'here's snoz with an important announcement' or was he just there as a guest and happened to be asked about a current event?

He was on the phone and they linked the boycott in with the conversation. Deffo a ploy I thought

ICHAN

Do not know about this one, did not hear what he said but reading what has been put on here I will take it as that is what he said.

Could he back the protest?Publically? Because of any stature within the club could he actually endorse there being a protest and back the protest.
Maybe he would have been better just saying he is neither for or against the protest but if the fans want to protest then that is upto the fans as they pay the money to watch the club, bit of fence sitting I know but maybe would have been his best option.

Astute I think a few may start reconsidering about protesting,I can see why the Southampton game was chosen but time has past by and the fanatasism of it all soon dies down, as I said at the time it is like organising a night out the saturday before in the pub everyone says yeh I'll go next saturday turns up and only 3 out of the 10 turn up, no-ones fault just human nature, everything seems a good idea at the time, and with the added prospect of a takeover maybe in the pipeline the protest maybe not as big as initially planned because of putting off any prospective buyer.

lordsummerisle

He was on the phone and they linked the boycott in with the conversation. Deffo a ploy I thought

Wasn't this the same time that AshbyJan was on CWR talking about the boycott?

Very likely to come up in conversation with an ex-Coventry manager who won the FA Cup with Coventry, when the boycott is going to be for an FA Cup game?

Think you need more foil round your head to stop the radiowaves totally, you won't have to worry about it all then.

Delboycov

Only caught part of the interview but thought I heard him say "I don't get involved in off field matters" then by commenting on the boycott he did. Think with feelings running so high with fans and it being such a controversial subject he should have stopped at his 1st comment.

CUS Wyken

I feel it's very clever on SISU part to get John on the radio publically against the protest. They know it'll put a few off.

If Jan was not on the radio tonight I doubt John would be Either.

CUS Wyken

I think you might be slightly paranoid on this one.

Why?

Like delboy said... He said I don't get involved with off field topics and then a second later he's saying that.

The script was excellent. The fans make a massive difference to the team blah blah then goes on to say if the fans don't turn up for the southampton game then it will effect the players.

ajsccfc

Why? Because the insinuation that an obvious football man responsible for the club's best day to date is now little more than a plant for SISU, based on him saying something you don't like.

Maybe as a former footballer and manager, he knows what he's talking about with regards fans affecting performances and actually believes in his own words?

lordsummerisle

Why?

Like delboy said... He said I don't get involved with off field topics and then a second later he's saying that.

The script was excellent. The fans make a massive difference to the team blah blah then goes on to say if the fans don't turn up for the southampton game then it will effect the players.

I heard them singing "Joy to the World" on a Christmas Carol show on TV.

Think it was a thinly veiled product placement about Joy Seppalla and how great Sisu are.

These lizard headed bastards infiltrating every part of the Establishment(in fact they ARE the Establishment).

It's the truth they won't let you hear.

CUS Wyken

Why? Because the insinuation that an obvious football man responsible for the club's best day to date is now little more than a plant for SISU, based on him saying something you don't like.

Maybe as a former footballer and manager, he knows what he's talking about with regards fans affecting performances and actually believes in his own words?

You've answered my own question. Who have SISU promoted to life president? Big John. Who ideally would fans listen to. Big John. If big John had agreed with the protest and boycott then alot more fans would join in.

CUS Wyken

I heard them singing "Joy to the World" on a Christmas Carol show on TV.

Think it was a thinly veiled product placement about Joy Seppalla and how great Sisu are.

These lizard headed bastards infiltrating every part of the Establishment(in fact they ARE the Establishment).

It's the truth they won't let you hear.

If they wanted John to talk about the cup then surely next weeks show would have been ideal because it's the day before the game. Whereas because Jan was on the show they got big John on tonight to even it out so to speak.

ajsccfc

You've answered my own question. Who have SISU promoted to life president? Big John. Who ideally would fans listen to. Big John. If big John had agreed with the protest and boycott then alot more fans would join in.

I haven't answered your question, I'm questioning your harsh assumption.

Believe it or not, SISU aren't an evil network fronted by a Bond villain assimilating formerly good people to do their bidding.

If Sillett felt strongly in favour of the boycott, I don't believe that he could be coerced to lie to keep these people sweet. Maybe (just maybe) he actually disagrees with a boycott because that's what he believes?

CUS Wyken

I haven't answered your question, I'm questioning your harsh assumption.

Believe it or not, SISU aren't an evil network fronted by a Bond villain assimilating formerly good people to do their bidding.

If Sillett felt strongly in favour of the boycott, I don't believe that he could be coerced to lie to keep these people sweet. Maybe (just maybe) he actually disagrees with a boycott because that's what he believes?

SISU don't want bad publicity! An empty stadium at kick off will give them bad publicity. Using John who is a hero amongst the fans will help there cause.

ajsccfc

So John Sillett is all of a sudden a puppet for their bidding with no free will of his own and no strength of conviction, is that what we're saying?

CUS Wyken

I'm not saying he don't believe in it but it's strange how he's coming out in public against fans despite saying he's not interested in off the field topics.

Pot kettle black

ajsccfc

We all know the rules - if their HQ isn't in a hollowed-out mountain, in space or on an airship, they're no Bond villains.

Users who are viewing this thread