Sky Blues Betting Previews & Tips (1 Viewer)

Interested?

• Yes

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Yes & E-mail service would be good too

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
W

westcountry_skyblue

Just need Duffy to get carded now!!

Christopher Michael

BOOM! All 3 tips in!

That takes us to a +19.8pt profit on tips so far! Long may it continue!

Hope all of you had a good night!

Layed Out - 10.75pt

Returns - 30.55pt

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Skybet have a market on total amount of added time (1st half and 2nd half on fourth official's board) and they go 6/1 that they'll be 8+ (eg 8 and over). This seems quite big as there was 8 mins in our first leg and 9 in the Exeter/Lincoln yest.
Hope some people were on this. Perfect night all round! :emoji_sunglasses:

MusicDating

Well done good tip mate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers Higgs, returning the favour from your unlucky tip last week. :emoji_thumbsup: I won £30 on the same injury time bet in the first leg and was amazed it was priced up the same for the second.

higgs

Cheers Higgs, returning the favour from your unlucky tip last week. :emoji_thumbsup: I won £30 on the same injury time bet in the first leg and was amazed it was priced up the same for the second.
Good spot will be interesting to see the odds in the final

Christopher Michael

Everything's gone wrong with the greyhound racing bets so let's move on to the play-off final.

I was wrong about the finalists prior to the play-offs. I'd predicted (and bet on) a Coventry v Lincoln final. However, I'm a bit happy to say we're facing Exeter as I believe it will be an easier task than the team that beat us 4-2 at the Ricoh.

In a similar fashion to Oxford in the Checkatrade Trophy final, Exeter lost in the play-off final the previous year also. Maybe we'll see further disappointment on their end, who knows? Either way, nobody is going to give up promotion easily and it won't be a tough game for either side.

Both sides come in to the final with two wins, two draws, and a loss in their previous five games. And looking at the seasons stats, there's not much to split the two teams. The sky blues have scored 69 to their 67 goals, and there's only three goals that split both sides top goalscorers.

However, City finished the season with a better goal difference, conceding 7 fewer goals than Exeter, and this could be where Coventry take advantage. Our new style of play has meant for more open games as shown in our 4-1 thrashing of Notts County, and for the majority of the two games, we were sound defensively. I'm predicting another Coventry win here and I find it unlikely that we'll concede too to be honest. However to play it safe, Coventry to win in 90 minutes is a good enough price to justify a bet. Here are my predictions for the play-off final next week. It may be worth holding off until everywhere is priced up as you may find better odds.

Coventry to win @ 7/5 (Bet365)
2.5pt win

Coventry -1 Asian Handicap @ 31/10 (Bet365)
1.5pt win

Coventry 2-0 @ 11/1 (Bet365)
0.5pt win

Christopher Michael

Just a few price changes but still back-able.

I'm going to throw in a half-time full-time market with Draw/Coventry @ 5/1. I'd recommend a 0.75pt win on this

MusicDating

8+ minutes of injury time is 6/1 again with Skybet (came in in both our semi final games). You can get that price on all playoff finals (came in in 2 of the 3 finals last year).

higgs

8+ minutes of injury time is 6/1 again with Skybet (came in in both our semi final games). You can get that price on all playoff finals (came in in 2 of the 3 finals last year).
The villa game have 8 mins too that would be an interesting treble if ud a tenner on over 8 mins in the playoff finals you wouldn't be far off 3k hope you backed it

MusicDating

The villa game have 8 mins too that would be an interesting treble if ud a tenner on over 8 mins in the playoff finals you wouldn't be far off 3k hope you backed it

Unfortunately there was only 7 mins in the Villa match (it's based on the 4th official's board). That was 6/1 too, so it's definitely overpriced.

higgs

Any idea how many minutes were added in the shrewsbury game?

higgs

Backed the scorecast 25/1 mcnulty to score first and coventry win 2-1

Christopher Michael

Ended the season both betting wise and for the sky blues on a high! Unfortunately, I'd tipped 2-0 and even though we still won by a 2 goal cushion, that sadly doesn't return anything.

Laid out 5.25pts today, with a total return of 16.6pt.

That takes the total for the end of the season to a 31.15pt profit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a bad kitty for anyone that followed to begin next season with!

PUSB

Christopher Michael

Well done everyone on your bets coming in too! Lets keep it going through to next season. I'll try and post some for the world cup but a) I don't even like watching internationals, let alone bet on it and b) Internationals offer very little in the ways of value until the latter stages

Only one I fancied was Coral were offering England to finish 2nd in the group and get knocked out in the round of 16 at 8/1 I believe. No longer available though.

Christopher Michael

Here's my group stage recommendation for the world cup. Selections are group stage forecast. i.e Team A to top the group, team b to finish 2nd in the group.

Group A - Uruguay 1st, Egypt 2nd @ 7/1
Group C - France 1st, Denmark 2nd @ 6/4
Group E - Brazil 1st, Switzerland 2nd @ 7/4
Group F - Germany 1st, Mexico 2nd @ 15/8

The fourfold on Bet365 works out at 157/1 so I'd recommend a 1pt win on this.

Christopher Michael

After finishing on a high last season with a 31pt+ profit, I'm going to return to a neutral profit/loss for the beginning of the year. I had a lucky day yesterday, and I'm sure a few of you did too with a last minute winner for Derby County. I'd had a large punt on them at 6/4 so it was a bit of a relief to see that goal late-on. I'd also included them in a four-fold across the weekend (rookie mistake, I know) so that's still going.

Ante-post
I've let heart rule head on ante-post bets and had a punt on the sky blues to get promoted. I said previously I expected us to be shorter to win outright but I was ignorant to the fact that Sunderland would be short priced favourites. Two more ante-post punts sees me backing both Newcastle and Birmingham to get relegated from their respective leagues, and Nottingham Forest for promotion.

Coventry to get Promoted @ 7/1
2.5pt win

Newcastle to get Relegated @ 11/2
Birmingham to get Relegated @ 5/1
Nottingham Forest to get Promoted @ 10/3
2 x 1pt doubles​

Christopher Michael

Coventry City v Scunthorpe United

Looking at today's game, a best bet for me is Both teams to score but it is short @ 10/11 with Ladbrokes Coral & Bet365. Also with the way pre-season shaped up, Andreu to score anytime looks a good bet @ 9/2. However, small stakes for the beginning of the season so we can see how it shapes up at the start.

Both Teams to Score @ 10/11 (Ladbrokes, Coral, Bet365)
1.5pt win

Andreu To Score Anytime @ 9/2 (Bet365)
0.5pt win​

Christopher Michael

The Weekends Games - 03/08/2018 - 06/08/2018

The aforementioned four-fold was Derby County to win @ 5/4, Nottingham Forest to win @ 7/4, Ipswich to win @ 13/8, Coventry to win @ 13/10 to a 1pt win. Backed on the 'Fred's Pushes' coupon at Betfred, a 1pt win for me see's a hefty return of £747 which isn't too bad at all. Obviously the derby game has already resulted but if anyone did want a replacement bet, replace with Preston to beat QPR @ 10/11. My recommended four-fold would now be the following:

Preston to beat QPR
Ipswich to beat Blackburn
Nottingham Forest to beat Bristol City
Coventry to beat Scunthorpe
1pt win ( @ 45/1 Marathon Bet, @ 41/1 Coral)​

Let me know what your thoughts are on today's matches and what bets you guys have got on!

Covkid1968#

Coventry City v Scunthorpe United

Looking at today's game, a best bet for me is Both teams to score but it is short @ 10/11 with Ladbrokes Coral & Bet365. Also with the way pre-season shaped up, Andreu to score anytime looks a good bet @ 9/2. However, small stakes for the beginning of the season so we can see how it shapes up at the start.

Both Teams to Score @ 10/11 (Ladbrokes, Coral, Bet365)
1.5pt win

Andreu To Score Anytime @ 9/2 (Bet365)
0.5pt win​
I was going for Cov win with both teams to score...but haven't looked at the odds yet. Still trying to get £56 off Bet365 because they haven't accepted my passport yet....pffffff

Users who are viewing this thread