SKY and Sheffield United Away (1 Viewer)

Macca1987

Game now on SKY and moved to 12.30 kick off, bit of a shitter, was looking forward to a few hours around Sheffield in the pubs before the game

pusbccfc

Birmingham game on sky is so annoying. That would have been the biggest gate of the season.

If the club had common sense, they'd learn from the weaker crowd this weekend and put a deal on.

Season ticket holders bringing a friend for a tenner would be good. It means everyone wins.

Liquid Gold

Was going to make a weekend of that but I don't know if this changes things or not.

It's annoying not being able to enjoy the pubs pre-game but can now just enjoy the pubs post-game.

Liquid Gold

Birmingham game on sky is so annoying. That would have been the biggest gate of the season.

If the club had common sense, they'd learn from the weaker crowd this weekend and put a deal on.

Season ticket holders bringing a friend for a tenner would be good. It means everyone wins.
Problem with that offer is that there are hardly any spaces where season ticket holders are so you could bring a friend but they'd have to go and sit behind the goal.

Sick Boy

Was going to make a weekend of that but I don't know if this changes things or not.

It's annoying not being able to enjoy the pubs pre-game but can now just enjoy the pubs post-game.
There are some cracking boozers in Sheffield - the best was walking into a pub with two taps, one had strong lager written on paper and the other very strong lager - nearly got kicked out when we scored 😅

pusbccfc

Problem with that offer is that there are hardly any spaces where season ticket holders are so you could bring a friend but they'd have to go and sit behind the goal.

Good point.

Even something like two tickets for £30 for the Birmingham and West Brom games that month.

The problem you have is that the rules are so strict now about reducing prices. I don't think you'd be allowed without reducing prices for away fans.

CV22SBA

Game now on SKY and moved to 12.30 kick off, bit of a shitter, was looking forward to a few hours around Sheffield in the pubs before the game
Very early train, spoons opens for breakfast & a pint 8am then most of the decent boozers open at 10am. Plenty of time 🍻😂

SlowerThanPlatt

Looks like they’re keeping it £30 by advertising the match packages. Fulham wasn’t a category A game for any CCFC fan before it was on Sky.

Reppz

I can't see club doing offers for individual games now they have already set categories and have offered match packages. Should have just made every game £25

theferret

Fulham was always a category A game. Its the 4 Midlands teams sheffield United and fulham

I think he meant we don't see it as a category A game, even though it is one. Not sure what they would have chosen in its place if they were looking for a minimum of games at Cat A though.

The biggest mystery is Stoke one week before Christmas. Never a Cat A game in a million years that.

Sky Blue Harry H

There is a degree of logic in making the games that will have large away followings the most expensive (although seemingly unfair on the non ST holder / match package home fans. There are numerous ways around the higher cost, but if you only want to go for a couple of one off occasions it shouldn't really put you off anyway. A bit like going to see a concert; high cost, but an occasional one off in general.

Evo1883

I don't think this category business has effected anything so far .

If the attendance tomorrow is 18,000 . I don't think we would have got too many more if it was 20/25 quid .
I think fans that want to go are going to matches and the 5 pound difference isn't really making any difference to that .

Peterborough was 25 quid and produced the most home fans of the season .. Cardiff was 20 and produced the least

SuperFred

The Birmingham game being on sky makes no difference as it would be on the red button anyway. We still should be getting 25k assuming they sell out

SlowerThanPlatt

Sheffield United have designated this as a Category B fixture. £26 for adults

Sky Blue Pete

Email the club as there’s time to consider something like this

Covkid1968#

Really hoping Albion gets put on Sky and pushed to Sunday as I’m in Manchester watching happy Mondays on the Friday night and that’s going to be messy

Legia Sky Blue

Really hoping Albion gets put on Sky and pushed to Sunday as I’m in Manchester watching happy Mondays on the Friday night and that’s going to be messy

I don't think any Championship games have been televised on a Sunday as yet other than 1st week of season when there were no PL games. Their TV slots seem to be Friday night or Saturday lunchtime, so things could get a lot worse for you than a 3pm Saturday kick off.

stevefloyd

There is a degree of logic in making the games that will have large away followings the most expensive (although seemingly unfair on the non ST holder / match package home fans. There are numerous ways around the higher cost, but if you only want to go for a couple of one off occasions it shouldn't really put you off anyway. A bit like going to see a concert; high cost, but an occasional one off in general.
Maybe its me but I don't think any concert is worth the money these days, having said that I would pay to see Pink Floyd but thats not an option any more sadly

Sky Blue Harry H

Maybe its me but I don't think any concert is worth the money these days, having said that I would pay to see Pink Floyd but thats not an option any more sadly

Agree - have a laugh at the ' list ' of concerts I've been to

Meatloaf - my brother was sick, so had his ticket
Kid Creole and the Coconuts - my mate took me to see him. In return I took him to WBA v City FA Cup (Q final?) when they beat us 2-0
Mark Knopfler - Christmas present from my sister in law, so I could hook up with my brother for the first time in too long, in Newcastle

Not much of a list !!

Edit: Just remembered my ex-wife 'treated' me to a David Essex concert. Went with our bridesmaid, who was besotted with him. Pretty sure it was in Cov, back in about 1985?

Last edited:

stevefloyd

Agree - have a laugh at the ' list ' of concerts I've been to

Meatloaf - my brother was sick, so had his ticket
Kid Creole and the Coconuts - my mate took me to see him. In return I took him to WBA v City FA Cup (Q final?) when they beat us 2-0
Mark Knopfler - Christmas present from my sister in law, so I could hook up with my brother for the first time in too long, in Newcastle

Not much of a list !!
I seen Quo in the 70's (before I was born ;) )
Girls school
Pretenders
Alice Cooper twice
Iron Maiden
Paloma Faith who was brilliant
And thats it so mines not that much better

Sky Blue Harry H

I seen Quo in the 70's (before I was born ;) )
Girls school
Pretenders
Alice Cooper twice
Iron Maiden
Paloma Faith who was brilliant
And thats it so mines not that much better

I like Paloma Faith - Brass in Pocket is a favourite too, so not so bad! Hated Quo when I was growing up, but that was partly because my next door neighbour (who was a bit odd) was obsessed with them

blunted

Seen virtually every major band except the Beatles, Talking Heads, Bowie, Abba, some of the Heavy Metal bands, and the poodle haired rock bands. Best live bands ever: Little Feat, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, The Tubes, Specials, Selecter, latter day Clash, ACDC, Bob Marley, and how sad Ten CC.

Users who are viewing this thread