SKY and Sheffield United Away (1 Viewer)

Macca1987

Just purchased 11 for family and friends, would usually do this on the train for a 3pm kick off, but decided on the coach for this early one

tskezz

Does the Tram get you anywhere near the ground?
Assuming you mean Sheffield (not read back up the thread yet), I can't remember seeing the tram near the ground. But it is close to the main station and town, easily walkable

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Just purchased 11 for family and friends, would usually do this on the train for a 3pm kick off, but decided on the coach for this early one
Just been quietly seething to myself about the cost of trains for upcoming games. £55 a ticket for this one. £200+ for a car full or, £25 in a car? It's not rocket science. And they go on about lowering emissions etc. £95 for Bournemouth and takes about a week to get there. Looked ahead to Forest in February, £30 return. Its 70 mins in a car.

I went to Dortmund a few years back and its free travel for any match going fan with a ticket in the Rhine district. About an 80 minute train journey for free. We as a country get it so wrong so often. Unnecessary rant over.

edgy

Just been quietly seething to myself about the cost of trains for upcoming games. £55 a ticket for this one. £200+ for a car full or, £25 in a car? It's not rocket science. And they go on about lowering emissions etc. £95 for Bournemouth and takes about a week to get there. Looked ahead to Forest in February, £30 return. Its 70 mins in a car.

I went to Dortmund a few years back and its free travel for any match going fan with a ticket in the Rhine district. About an 80 minute train journey for free. We as a country get it so wrong so often. Unnecessary rant over.

Good job they do that, as they are already the worst in Europe for CO2 emissions.

chiefdave

Southampton do that, or at least they used to. Went to a couple of games when I lived down that way and the tickets came with 3 stubs on them, one that could be used on any bus towards the ground before the game and one that could be used on any bus away from the ground afterwards. Presumably because they have a ground with limited parking so want to encourage the use of public transport.

CV22SBA

Yeah its an absolute joke with train prices in this country. One thing that does help is a rail card. I got a decent price when we went to London for the millwall game for 1 adult & 1 child on a family & friends card, just under £25 return.

Just checked for Sheffield and an open return is £43.20 for 1 x adult & 1 x child on F&F rail card so just over £20 each. So its a decent saving if you're seeing £55 for 1.

CV22SBA

Anybody able to see how these are selling on the seating plan ?
The 3 blocks in the lower tier look to be the same size and block 2 was sold out earlier but single seats back on sale now and block 1 has been opened. If the allocation was 2725 then each block holds just over 900. So i would say over 1K sold already.

SkyBlueMatt

Selling tickets in block 3 now, around row O. Do we know how far back it goes?

Must have sold 2000+

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Any update on sales for this one. Was confident we would sell full allocation. Now even more so, especially 100s missed missed out on bournemouth.

Evo1883

I have bad memories of watching them on sky the last time we played them. Think it was sky and midday kick off too.

We were robbed that game. they handballed it 0ver the line i think.

And one of theirs assaulted Lameiras on half way line and got a yellow for it.

Was there , although I was also there when we played them on a Friday night and won , we took a decent following that night , around 1800 I think

SlowerThanPlatt

Last time we went there it was on the back of the Checkatrade final, we took about 300. Fleck scored and didn’t hide his pleasure

Users who are viewing this thread