SISU Statement - Article From Sky Sports (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
What we all (well most of us) want is a resolution of the current stand-off so that CCFC can continue to play in Coventry.
That means all parties have to negotiate
That is more important than who said, who did what years ago.
Unfortunately some people are too deeply committed to their entrenched views.
Like dogs they have to piss all over everything just to prove they've been there.

It's as simple as that, just get them talking and see where it goes.

Moving the goalposts to say "SISU need to drop the legals before we talk" won't do anything. It's as simple as just discussing things on the basis legals will be dropped, if they don't drop them then nothing happens.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Does my post not state that OSB?

> Medium-term agreement between Wasps & CCFC (SISU) to be discussed on confirmation that litigation has been dropped - by SISU as they're the only party responsible for dropping the litigation.

I am with you on the sentiment that CCC are unlikely to release a statement to this affect.

Just getting everything in the right order ....otherwise known as being pedantic i guess ;)

Not really covered no because the council are the ones subject primarily to the JR2 so in return for any co operation that would have to tie in with in first point that legal action against them has ceased

Legal action against Wasps is a separate issue and i would think they will insist on all legal actions that could involve them regarding the stadium purchase past present & future

Nick

Administrator
Just getting everything in the right order ....otherwise known as being pedantic i guess ;)

Not really covered no because the council are the ones subject primarily to the JR2 so in return for any co operation that would have to tie in with in first point that legal action against them has ceased

Legal action against Wasps is a separate issue and i would think they will insist on all legal actions that could involve them regarding the stadium purchase past present & future

Think it goes without saying that the Council aren't going to start actioning stuff until it's dropped. It doesn't mean discussions can't be started, things can be started off with a roadmap of things before the confirmation of the legals are dropped is needed.

SISU aren't going to agree to drop them before the council meet them, are they?

chiefdave

I am sure that is at the fore front of everyone's mind already isn't it.
Prior to SISUs statement we had them going in to the meeting with SISU refusing to consider dropping the legals and CCC & Wasps refusing to engage with the club unless the legals were dropped.

Now we are going in to the meeting with SISU saying they are prepared to drop the legals. Surely that is a better starting point.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
you see i go back to the comment made to me when i met her............. "i dont do compromise i tell people what i want" ........... word for word btw, and i have no reason to think her attitude will have changed. I hope i am wrong

Hopefully something will be said that will crack things today but i am not hopeful.

chiefdave

On the comments earlier in the thread concerning a landowner (current or prospective) getting outline planning consent prior to the purchase of a site, that application would still be required to be an open process (i.e. statutory consultation with parish/town council, police, highways, Natural England, etc.). I don't believe there is an option in planning law which allows an application to be dealt with confidentially (e.g due to commercial sensitivity), but i may be wrong on that.
So if SISU had EVER launched a formal planning process for any prospective site, it would be a matter of public record.
They could, of course, have had informal discussions with the planning authority, which wouldn't have been made public.
When Wasps put in their application to redevelop Higgs didn't it mention something about how much assistance they'd had from the council prior to submitting the application?

Nick

Administrator
When Wasps put in their application to redevelop Higgs didn't it mention something about how much assistance they'd had from the council prior to submitting the application?

Yeah it was something to do with a planning officer and Wasps' consultants.

chiefdave

For those who are saying that even in the highly unlikely even SISU actually were intending to build a new stadium there is no suitable location in Coventry does that not impact the defence of the councils actions being made on the basis that a new stadium was being built?

Can't have it both ways.

Skyblue_CP

I have to agree with Nick on this one.. although i doubt CCC will make this move, i feel its almost too good an opportunity for them to not at the very least call SISU out on their bluff. Realistically we all know we will be back to square one...

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
All planning applications go through a formal process but do require Planning experts/architects to negotiate and discuss with the local planning officer what is likely to be suitable and could be supported by that officer in terms of being signed off and recommended to the committee.

On commercial schemes, schemes like this, they would not be just blindly submitted without extensive conversations with that planning officer because of infrastructure, employment, use, parking, impact on local area etc etc. For a housing extension, those conversations don't take place but still could if the person wanted them to.

What we need is some proper journalism now on the right questions around the facts set out by all parties in this:
SISU - If you have explored sites with owners, what sites?
SISU - Have you challenged the EFL "must stay within the city boundary" and do some basic journalism, how many other clubs play outside of a city boundary, also SISU, what are the collective sites within the city and if they don't meet the requirements, have you explained this to the EFL and what would be an acceptable radius for out of boundary locations?
Council - What are you doing to assist the club in its ambition for creating a stadium and what value would it add to the city, ie employment, other uses, etc
Wasps - Why would you not consider a shared 50:50 ownership at an appropriate valuation?

We have shit lazy journalism rather than some decent questioning of he leaders of these 3 entities and I am not saying the questions above are good ones, just basic ones that could be asked..

olderskyblue

For those who are saying that even in the highly unlikely even SISU actually were intending to build a new stadium there is no suitable location in Coventry does that not impact the defence of the councils actions being made on the basis that a new stadium was being built?

Can't have it both ways.

Brandon doesn't come under CCC... Didn't they also talk about land covered by Warwick CC at one stage ? I guess these examples would prove that it doesn't impact it ?

Nick

Administrator
All planning applications go through a formal process but do require Planning experts/architects to negotiate and discuss with the local planning officer what is likely to be suitable and could be supported by that officer in terms of being signed off and recommended to the committee.

On commercial schemes, schemes like this, they would not be just blindly submitted without extensive conversations with that planning officer because of infrastructure, employment, use, parking, impact on local area etc etc. For a housing extension, those conversations don't take place but still could if the person wanted them to.

What we need is some proper journalism now on the right questions around the facts set out by all parties in this:
SISU - If you have explored sites with owners, what sites?
SISU - Have you challenged the EFL "must stay within the city boundary" and do some basic journalism, how many other clubs play outside of a city boundary, also SISU, what are the collective sites within the city and if they don't meet the requirements, have you explained this to the EFL and what would be an acceptable radius for out of boundary locations?
Council - What are you doing to assist the club in its ambition for creating a stadium and what value would it add to the city, ie employment, other uses, etc
Wasps - Why would you not consider a shared 50:50 ownership at an appropriate valuation?

We have shit lazy journalism rather than some decent questioning of he leaders of these 3 entities and I am not saying the questions above are good ones, just basic ones that could be asked..

Been saying that for months / years.

Question them all on the things they say, play their statements against each other when they don't match etc etc.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
We all know the city, we know their are probably less than 3 sites that could suit a stadium and surrounding facilities, I can only think of Woodlands school site, others would be taking out areas of Coundon wedge, land by Brandon marsh, not sure of others but suggestions welcome.

You then have to look at close proximity sites and Brandon is one, Rough close site and surrounding areas, there are more but they are greenfield.

mark_ccfc

My two penneth for what it's worth,

My apologies if I repeat anything as I haven't had time to read through 13 pages of comments.

Are SISU genuine or not? This depends on whether they have asked for council support for a new stadium previously. If the statement has appeared out of the blue just weeks before the club are due to be made homeless I would be cynical about the purpose of this letter. Is it just a way of getting fans onside so they can force another short term deal at the Ricoh while they continue their legal action? What was all the stuff from Fisher not long ago saying there was only plan A - stay at the Ricoh, and no other plan?

If they have already been discussing this with Wasps and the Council for the last few years then I would view it as a genuine attempt by SISU to develop the club, however if they haven't come up with a deal by now it seems that SISU are possibly asking for too much from the council and Wasps (in CCCs and/or WASPs opinion). This would be a totally different kettle of fish to the former.

I hope for the clubs sake that the situation is the latter and this can be the beginning of a meaningful way forward.

Nick

Administrator
My two penneth for what it's worth,

My apologies if I repeat anything as I haven't had time to read through 13 pages of comments.

Are SISU genuine or not? This depends on whether they have asked for council support for a new stadium previously. If the statement has appeared out of the blue just weeks before the club are due to be made homeless I would be cynical about the purpose of this letter. Is it just a way of getting fans onside so they can force another short term deal at the Ricoh while they continue their legal action? What was all the stuff from Fisher not long ago saying there was only plan A - stay at the Ricoh, and no other plan?

If they have already been discussing this with Wasps and the Council for the last few years then I would view it as a genuine attempt by SISU to develop the club, however if they haven't come up with a deal by now it seems that SISU are possibly asking for too much from the council and Wasps (in CCCs and/or WASPs opinion). This would be a totally different kettle of fish to the former.

I hope for the clubs sake that the situation is the latter and this can be the beginning of a meaningful way forward.

This is where the council need to answer a few things.

The statement reads as if they have said something to the council:

"So far, neither of these things have materialised which means that SISU has no option but to continue with its challenge."

So, did the council get an email at 9am yesterday just so they could say they had given the council a chance and hadn't heard back? Did they receive anything at all? Did they receive something and just ignore it?

OffenhamSkyBlue

Janitor - there is no absolute requirement that informal discussions are held, but any applicant for a large development would be a lunatic not to!

I would love to see SISU and CCC say they are going to work together to find a suitable site for a new stadium, but like many on here, i doubt that will happen (because SISU probably don't want to spend that amount of money, and the Council don't want the Ricoh to be a white elephant if City playing elsewhere puts Wasps tenure in jeopardy).

ohitsaidwalker king power

A very interesting read, how though did Judge Hickinbottom conclude at JR1 that:

"iii) SISU distressed the financial position of ACL by refusing to pay ACL any rent or licence fee. That made ACL commercially vulnerable, because it could not service its Bank loan. It also had the effect of reducing the value of the share in ACL that SISU coveted. SISU imposed more commercial pressure on ACL by indicating that they were prepared to see CCFC put into administration or liquidation, which (SISU believed) would have a cataclysmic effect on ACL because of ACL’s inability to service its loan without revenue from the Football Club. SISU’s strategy of distressing ACL’s financial position in these ways was quite deliberate. They considered this strategy was necessary if they were to recover their investment in the Football Club" ?

SISU present a different point of view based around "Could not afford to pay the rent... " Judge Hickinbottom found differently...?

fernandopartridge

A very interesting read, how though did Judge Hickinbottom conclude at JR1 that:

"iii) SISU distressed the financial position of ACL by refusing to pay ACL any rent or licence fee. That made ACL commercially vulnerable, because it could not service its Bank loan. It also had the effect of reducing the value of the share in ACL that SISU coveted. SISU imposed more commercial pressure on ACL by indicating that they were prepared to see CCFC put into administration or liquidation, which (SISU believed) would have a cataclysmic effect on ACL because of ACL’s inability to service its loan without revenue from the Football Club. SISU’s strategy of distressing ACL’s financial position in these ways was quite deliberate. They considered this strategy was necessary if they were to recover their investment in the Football Club" ?

SISU present a different point of view based around "Could not afford to pay the rent... " Judge Hickinbottom found differently...?
You're conflating different things. The club was struggling to pay its rent amongst other things.

hopesprings

No different? Nick is on here under his own name giving his own opinion. The people he is referring to claim to be representatives of the fans and have multiple anonymous accounts to attack anyone who dares disagree with them. Not quite the same thing in my book.
Ah but as Nick is the administrator how do you know he hasn't got multiple accounts ? ? :nailbiting::happy:

Seamus1

Given that JLR is now curtailing expansion at Whitley South (Gateway North) there is now a lot of land on the airport side of the A45 that might require another use. It might fall under WDC jurisdiction, but I would think it’s big enough...and is set to have a new junction built from the A45

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Neither trust eachother, question is who will extend the olive branch first but actually stick to their word.

1. sisu drop the court action will ccc approve land for them build a new stadium?
2. ccc approve the land will sisu drop the court action?
3. sisu drop the court action, ricoh deal extended ccc give them approval to build on a site
4. sisu sell up we start fresh with new owners

skysblue

Given that JLR is now curtailing expansion at Whitley South (Gateway North) there is now a lot of land on the airport side of the A45 that might require another use. It might fall under WDC jurisdiction, but I would think it’s big enough...and is set to have a new junction built from the A45
Perfect site.

vow

i just google Earthed it and stuck a ruler on the Ricoh and scale measured 10mm, placed that 10mm on the site mentioned and it was in easy.

Yes.... im bored at work and people are wondering why i have a steel rule on my screen...
...instead of measuring your cock twice daily?! :emoji_open_mouth:

Seamus1

I said this yesterday afternoon, but i might not have explained myself. I think it is perfect.
My apologies OffenhamSkyBlue, you certainly did, as early as page 2. Serves me right for not reading the whole of the thread.

Another advantage with this site is that the Council are proposing to develop a VLR system to Whitley so this would be a good form of public transport to get to the stadium.

Like many, I’m 99% sure that the new stadium proposal is pie in the sky, but the council could certainly call SISU’s bluff with this site

matesx

My apologies OffenhamSkyBlue, you certainly did, as early as page 2. Serves me right for not reading the whole of the thread.

Another advantage with this site is that the Council are proposing to develop a VLR system to Whitley so this would be a good form of public transport to get to the stadium.

Like many, I’m 99% sure that the new stadium proposal is pie in the sky, but the council could certainly call SISU’s bluff with this site

but wheres the boozers?

ccfcricoh

is a pretty good site for a Football ground with good transport links, Baginton Oak also a decent pub!

I think it comes down to the council not wanting 2 football grounds in the city, hence they wont accept planning anywhere (not saying SISU have tried though!). I think deep down everyone know the Wasps aren't here to stay, they'll be off to another town/city at some stage...

All means nothing when SISU and Wasps dont want us to build one either!

OffenhamSkyBlue

Presumably they can build one next to the ground, just like the arson-fodder Sixfields Tavern in Northampton!!

Presumably any rapid transport system commissioned by the council will only have a capacity of 75 people per hour (on matchdays)

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread