SISU Statement - Article From Sky Sports (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

All planning applications go through a formal process but do require Planning experts/architects to negotiate and discuss with the local planning officer what is likely to be suitable and could be supported by that officer in terms of being signed off and recommended to the committee.

On commercial schemes, schemes like this, they would not be just blindly submitted without extensive conversations with that planning officer because of infrastructure, employment, use, parking, impact on local area etc etc. For a housing extension, those conversations don't take place but still could if the person wanted them to.

What we need is some proper journalism now on the right questions around the facts set out by all parties in this:
SISU - If you have explored sites with owners, what sites?
SISU - Have you challenged the EFL "must stay within the city boundary" and do some basic journalism, how many other clubs play outside of a city boundary, also SISU, what are the collective sites within the city and if they don't meet the requirements, have you explained this to the EFL and what would be an acceptable radius for out of boundary locations?
Council - What are you doing to assist the club in its ambition for creating a stadium and what value would it add to the city, ie employment, other uses, etc
Wasps - Why would you not consider a shared 50:50 ownership at an appropriate valuation?

We have shit lazy journalism rather than some decent questioning of he leaders of these 3 entities and I am not saying the questions above are good ones, just basic ones that could be asked..

I like that approach, asks the right questions.

We all know the city, we know their are probably less than 3 sites that could suit a stadium and surrounding facilities, I can only think of Woodlands school site, others would be taking out areas of Coundon wedge, land by Brandon marsh, not sure of others but suggestions welcome.

You then have to look at close proximity sites and Brandon is one, Rough close site and surrounding areas, there are more but they are greenfield.

The only one other that popped up was Whitley South, there appears to be a bit of a glitch in the scheme due to problems in the car industry, its gone now as far as green fields is concerned and it would be not be too close to residential areas, like all the other ones, if memory serves, I've seen mentioned in this thread.
Jaguar Land Rover postpones involvement in major Cov scheme

Johnnythespider

Hearsall Common, there's never anyone on it when i go past, the only time anything happens there It's on the hardstanding at the bottom. Near to Canley station and loads of pubs. Traffic would be a nightmare just like the good old days.
Well i can dream can't i

vow

Hearsall Common, there's never anyone on it when i go past, the only time anything happens there It's on the hardstanding at the bottom. Near to Canley station and loads of pubs. Traffic would be a nightmare just like the good old days.
Well i can dream can't i
Great Shout, Craven Street and Earlsdon boozers.

Jobs a gooden!

RegTheDonk

So surely if that scenario works people can shout at the council? Likewise if sisu pretend they will drop the legals but don't.

The council have offered to do things if the legals are dropped, the offer is then there to do so.

Get them in a room, tell them to sort it one way or another.

If it means a bit of a better relationship, long term at the Ricoh or something then it's a bonus. If nothing comes of it, we can see even more who doesn't want to help ccfc..
Nick I agree - if it means all sides being exposed to the truth, and the club can continue and play in the City and aren't punished by the EFL, I'm all for them being grown up and agreeing a deal. A partnership between the club and Wasps as Eastwood hinted at would be great, even if SISU are still in the frame.

It just really p*s me off they are peddling the "building their own stadium" crap and expecting people to swallow it. They've been playing that hand for so long it's the eqivalent of a 7 2 off suit.

Johnnythespider

When people say there isn't room for a stadium in the city

Check out @CV24FWHQ’s Tweet:

Fergusons_Beard

No one has mentioned that council ‘officers’ also recommended Wasps buying/developing the Alan Higgs Centre for their training centre-despite it being the base for the CCFC academy.

Public weren’t party to that decision either or the pre conversations that MUST happened between WASPS and council officials for the recommendation in the first place!!

Whatever ‘official’ planning procedures you must go through seemed to have been circumvented by WASPS in this instance.

Doesn’t take the greatest leap of imagination to believe that CCFC have had preliminary discussions with council planning officers and had negative or no response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Captain Dart

We all know the city, we know their are probably less than 3 sites that could suit a stadium and surrounding facilities, I can only think of Woodlands school site, others would be taking out areas of Coundon wedge, land by Brandon marsh, not sure of others but suggestions welcome.

You then have to look at close proximity sites and Brandon is one, Rough close site and surrounding areas, there are more but they are greenfield.
No one has mentioned that council ‘officers’ also recommended Wasps buying/developing the Alan Higgs Centre for their training centre-despite it being the base for the CCFC academy.

Doesn’t take the greatest leap of imagination to believe that CCFC have had preliminary discussions with council planning officers and had negative or no response.
Yup the Allard way thing was bad for the city, fortunately a sensible solution was arrived at and there is now a pool and new indoor pitch.

If any preliminary discussions have taken place let SISU publish the details. Why not?

oldfiver

Well i can dream can't i

It's common land but if a Freeman of the City you can graze your cows there

Gynnsthetonic

Well i can dream can't i
What a location that would be!

Adge

“Let’s Be crystal clear” to use a Tim Fisher phrase, anyone who thinks that a hedge fund (an investment company who for minimal investment sells on for maximum profitt) will be building a new stadium is as deluded as Sisu who put out a statement and expect us to believe it and not see through it.
I’m sick of the whole God damn sorry mess and wish it was just about football again and instead of infighting and underhand politics.

Skybluefaz

“Let’s Be crystal clear” to use a Tim Fisher phrase, anyone who thinks that a hedge fund (an investment company who for minimal investment sells on for maximum profitt) will be building a new stadium is as deluded as Sisu who put out a statement and expect us to believe it and not see through it.
I’m sick of the whole God damn sorry mess and wish it was just about football again and instead of infighting and underhand politics.
I'm yet to see evidence that anybody does believe they will build a stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread