SISU Statement - Article From Sky Sports (1 Viewer)

usskyblue

Really? I’ve written to every councillor in Coventry twice now reminding them of their statement made at the time of the sale, asked them how it would look for the City of culture to no longer have their historic FA cup winning iconic sports club in existence etc. You mocked me for doing that so I can only assume that you’re addressing your post to yourself. On that note I really am going to bed and signing out of this thread. Goodnight.

giphy.gif

Magwitch

That's why he said if he was the council be would be identifying somewhere.

I'm sure you understood that though ;)
There is nowhere that can just be plucked out. I’m sure you know that though
Some of the sites that might have been suitable for example Courtaulds, the old Dunlop factory just two I can think of are earmarked or have been used for housing. I’d fully support her if there was a fragment of reality about it. As I said earlier Sepalla is attempting to kick the can down the road.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's all houses isn't it?

I don't think it's big enough but i think the former tax office site near the station would be great

and before somebody like Tony pipes up, no i don't really believe it'll happen

Thought a lot of it was green space/woodland? Don't go out there much so can't remember. The old Speedway site must surely also be viable and wouldn't take as much development.

Nick

Administrator
There is nowhere that can just be plucked out you I’m sure you know that though
Some of the sites that might have been suitable for example Courtaulds, the old Dunlop factory just two I can think of are earmarked or have been used for housing. I’d fully support her if there was a fragment of reality about it. As I said earlier Sepalla is attempting to kick the can down the road.

That's why he said the council could look for possible places and make suggestions.

I'm sure they are better resourced to do that than most people.

Maybe you are intentionally trying to miss the point, as per usual?

Magwitch

It's all houses isn't it?

I don't think it's big enough but i think the former tax office site near the station would be great

and before somebody like Tony pipes up, no i don't really believe it'll happen
Didn’t think of that and it’s an Interesting suggestion, good location too. Sure that’s earmarked for something though can’t remember what.

Nick

Administrator
That world famous pro mediator who helped last time, the cathedral, sisu, ccfc, wasps and ccc. All together in a room and don't let them out until sorted or decent progress is made.

There is signs of give now in the legals, whether it's them saving face or whatever. Who cares, get them in a room and let them discuss it.

Independent people there in case people try to bullshit.

Magwitch

That's why he said the council could look for possible places and make suggestions.

I'm sure they are better resourced to do that than most people.

Maybe you are intentionally trying to miss the point, as per usual?
You are grasping at straws mate, as I said suggest somewhere don’t need a councillor to do that.

Nick

Administrator
As I said, you are intentionally missing his point.

His whole point was based on the council doing it for a reason.

Magwitch

Actually there is somewhere not council land either the old Severn/Trent site on London Road right adjacent to the Higgs, ideal, but at massive cost, there’s a river in the way.

Last edited:

Monty

The most logical place is around the eastern bypass. There is either the farmland behind and adjacent to the hospital which is having a new road put through it for the new hospital entrance or the industrial park going towards rolls Royce ansty

Otis

The most logical place is around the eastern bypass. There is either the farmland behind and adjacent to the hospital which is having a new road put through it for the new hospital entrance or the industrial park going towards rolls Royce ansty
giphy.gif

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Olive branch.... I thought talks had already been facilitated involving all parties at Westminster...... so they are already supposed to be in one room talking.... the sisu statement hasn't instigated a meeting it was already happening.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Olive branch.... I thought talks had already been facilitated involving all parties at Westminster...... so they are already supposed to be in one room talking....
So they can both go in with dropping the legals in mind? Its the perfect ice breaker.

eastwoodsdustman

Why will it? The Council has shown that it cannot be trusted, why would SISU trust the council?
This is the crux of it all. The council have been shown to be acting underhandedly all the way through which we knew(most of us) anyway. They can’t be trusted.
Why can’t wasps agree a rental agreement anyway. It should be Fuck all to do with the council now anyway. Sadly, the current council cannot be trusted to have any hand in our football club.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I am sure that is at the fore front of everyone's mind already isn't it.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So what we really have is not an olive branch but a statement of terms backed up by a story as they want to portray it.

But at least they will all be meeting today as already planned. Let's hope for some compromise and open minds from all sides. It is what is said in the meeting that's important

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Obviously people on here don’t know the first thing about negotiations

You don’t give up your position before you start.

If SISU drop the legals now, then wasps can pull our pants down and ask for a stupid amount (£1.2 million per annum say) we can’t afford that. But SISU have dropped their bargaining chip.

They’re going to go in there - agree a muntually beneficial amount and term, on the condition that won’t be activated until the legals are dropped.

Forget the new stadium. It isn’t happening - although should we get new owners, this is the first thing we need to do. Although as I’ve said before - the council want CCFC as a back up in case the wasp project goes tits up

This whole thing is a saving face mission for Joy.

Ashdown

As Catherine Tate's Nanna would say: ' What a load of old shit'. New stadium my arse, it's just more Fisher spin and lies signed off by Sepalla. SISU haven't got and wouldn't want to spend that sort of money on a Midlands football club. They are playing for time until they get a final ruling from the upcoming court action. Scum !

Otis

So what we really have is not an olive branch but a statement of terms backed up by a story as they want to portray it.

But at least they will all be meeting today as already planned. Let's hope for some compromise and open minds from all sides. It is what is said in the meeting that's important
I don't see any olive branch either.

No new stadium and Sisu might well already have info their appeal has been rejected, or are fully expecting it to be.

It's all bull, but at the same time we obviously want them all sitting around the same table and talking.

We all want the legal challenge dropped or done with anyway, but it sort of comes across as a saving face exercise, because of course, if there IS no intention of building a new stadium, we only have the Ricoh option and if we get a deal and the legal are dropped, that's what we've all wanted.

Gynnsthetonic

Do you live in Coventry ? If so where is this suitable piece of land ?
Sandy Lane industrial estate. The telegraph revealed plans are underway to develop this area, great location near to the city centre, or a retail park within the city not on some area on the outskirts. I know it's never gonna happen but if it ever did a stadium near to the city centre and a proper 4 sided ground

Colin Steins Smile

I'm getting ahead of the process and being optimistic!
Assuming that an agreement is reached for the club to build an alternative stadium. Are SISU going to have the resources to fund it & at what recharge to the club, as I'm pretty sure the stadium would not be owned by the club?

olderskyblue

There are clues in their statement!

And that's what people seem to be ignoring. It isn't just a case of them dropping the current legals, it will go on long beyond that. Much as I want a deal done, I expect most here understand it will be far more complicated than that, with much more to consider than whats laughingly being referred to as an "olive branch".

Be interesting to learn what the "terms" are for dropping the legals. We have the short version of them, but it's certain there will be a much longer version to be discussed. If it all fails, SISU's ducks are already lined up to point the finger of blame. This statement is part of it for sure.

NorthernWisdom

And that's what people seem to be ignoring. It isn't just a case of them dropping the current legals, it will go on long beyond that. Much as I want a deal done, I expect most here understand it will be far more complicated than that, with much more to consider than whats laughingly being referred to as an "olive branch".

Be interesting to learn what the "terms" are for dropping the legals. We have the short version of them, but it's certain there will be a much longer version to be discussed. If it all fails, SISU's ducks are already lined up to point the finger of blame. This statement is part of it for sure.
Personally, I find listing what's to blame CCC (and Wasps, to a certain extent) for in the past, won't go overly well in encouraging them to meet and talk...

I don't even disagree with some of the blame, but it doesn't read like letting bygones be bygones, it reads like preparing for battle.

Users who are viewing this thread