SISU Statement - Article From Sky Sports (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
And that's what people seem to be ignoring. It isn't just a case of them dropping the current legals, it will go on long beyond that. Much as I want a deal done, I expect most here understand it will be far more complicated than that, with much more to consider than whats laughingly being referred to as an "olive branch".

Be interesting to learn what the "terms" are for dropping the legals. We have the short version of them, but it's certain there will be a much longer version to be discussed. If it all fails, SISU's ducks are already lined up to point the finger of blame. This statement is part of it for sure.

I don't think anybody is ignoring anything, the same as they aren't planning where they will sit in the new stadium.

Of course they won't just drop them, they will want something out of it. That is what they need to discuss to find the middle ground.

If they say they want a stadium built for them, paid for and everything else in return for dropping the legals then obviously its a joke and should be seen and treated like that. (as an example)

Sky Blue Harry H

Do we think it will be a straight bat response, offering nothing, or a ' you know where we are, show us your proposal and we'll talk' style response. I hope it's the latter and suggests a way forward, which will force a response, We need something that will gain momentum, not just a 'grind to a halt' moment.

zuni

Council should call their bluff and find land, wasps do a rent deal and EFL set a time on actual ground build with caveat of taking away golden share if they fail to deliver for a second time

Simples

Captain Dart

That's why he said the council could look for possible places and make suggestions.

I'm sure they are better resourced to do that than most people.

Maybe you are intentionally trying to miss the point, as per usual?

Why is it up to someone else to identify a site. If SISU have genuinely been looking for years and can't find one then there probably isn't one or they must be staggeringly incompedent.

Liquid Gold

Why is it up to someone else to identify a site. If SISU have genuinely been looking for years and can't find one then there probably isn't one or they must be staggeringly incompedent.
Did you read the thing? The implication is that they've identified several sites and they've fallen fallen through as sellers don't want to be on the wrong side of the council. The council could say they support a new stadium and and they will assuage any fears of landowners.

Anyway, you're focusing on the wrong thing. I'm sure they're not building a new stadium and this is something they can use as part of negotiations for a favourable rental.

jordan210

We all know they are incompetent.

But I guess building a stadium isn't as easy as a house. I assume a normal council would help out a major sporting team to decided a suitable location what helps the area and has all the correct infrastructure.

As you don't need to own land before putting in planning. You would have also expected to see some sort of plans from the club for one. Not just a rendering in the middle of a field.

Captain Dart

Did you read the thing? The implication is that they've identified several sites and they've fallen fallen through as sellers don't want to be on the wrong side of the council. The council could say they support a new stadium and and they will assuage any fears of landowners.

Anyway, you're focusing on the wrong thing. I'm sure they're not building a new stadium and this is something they can use as part of negotiations for a favourable rental.
It was Nick who focussed on the council facilitating the pie in the sky arena.

But you're correct. Stage one is keeping the club at the Ricoh somehow. My problem is as NW points out this is not looking like anything but SISU seeking a temporary reprieve while they continue to fight. I would like peace and a long term future everyone can get behind but I think in the end either Otium or Wasps will have to go bust, there can only be one.

Last edited:

OffenhamSkyBlue

On the comments earlier in the thread concerning a landowner (current or prospective) getting outline planning consent prior to the purchase of a site, that application would still be required to be an open process (i.e. statutory consultation with parish/town council, police, highways, Natural England, etc.). I don't believe there is an option in planning law which allows an application to be dealt with confidentially (e.g due to commercial sensitivity), but i may be wrong on that.
So if SISU had EVER launched a formal planning process for any prospective site, it would be a matter of public record.
They could, of course, have had informal discussions with the planning authority, which wouldn't have been made public.

Liquid Gold

On the comments earlier in the thread concerning a landowner (current or prospective) getting outline planning consent prior to the purchase of a site, that application would still be required to be an open process (i.e. statutory consultation with parish/town council, police, highways, Natural England, etc.). I don't believe there is an option in planning law which allows an application to be dealt with confidentially (e.g due to commercial sensitivity), but i may be wrong on that.
So if SISU had EVER launched a formal planning process for any prospective site, it would be a matter of public record.
They could, of course, have had informal discussions with the planning authority, which wouldn't have been made public.
Read the document. Then read my response to Dart above.

It doesn't say they ever submitted planning it says they identified sites and landowners pulled out.

Anyway, stop focusing on the stadium.

Nick

Administrator
It was Nick who focussed on the council facilitating the pie in the sky arena.

It was me who said call their bluff, engage with them.

It's a win / win for the council and it may mean they don't need twats like you, Tim and John trying to do their PR. A few twitchy arses that's for sure, best crank up Photoshop.

RoboCCFC90

The statement should read the below;

> We agree to support CCFC and SISU in their attempts to find adequate land to build a new stadium and retail facilities.

(Which will lead to the second point of the statement)

> Medium-term agreement between Wasps & CCFC (SISU) to be discussed on confirmation that litigation has been dropped - which in my opinion will be a longer agreement than the five years SISU have suggested.

What's the betting it doesn't say any of the above?

pusbccfc

It's all houses isn't it?

I don't think it's big enough but i think the former tax office site near the station would be great

and before somebody like Tony pipes up, no i don't really believe it'll happen

Build it on part of the old Woodlands school complex.

Build it as a community sports centre/stadium alongside the current facilities.

Will never happen though. The council are too busy wanting to build 5000 houses in that part of Coventry.

RoboCCFC90

Build it on part of the old Woodlands school complex.

Build it as a community sports centre/stadium alongside the current facilities.

Will never happen though. The council are too busy wanting to build 5000 houses in that part of Coventry.

The issue with this idea is;

> Lots of the old school blocks are listed buildings.
> No road infrastructure for a sports stadium.

Other than that it would be the ideal location.

SkyBlueDom26

> We agree to support CCFC and SISU in their attempts to find adequate land to build a new stadium and retail facilities.

> Medium-term agreement between Wasps & CCFC (SISU) to be discussed on confirmation that litigation has been dropped - which in my opinion will be a longer agreement than the five years SISU have suggested.

Its the council, I'll put my life on them not saying it

torchomatic

So when do the Number One Fans' Organisation In The World make a statement?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Surely its the Council that require confirmation that the legals have been stopped first before moving on to any agreement with Wasps?

Would be very surprised if what you have put is the statement that is issued by CCC

Nick

Administrator
Surely its the Council that require confirmation that the legals have been stopped first before moving on to any agreement with Wasps?

Would be very surprised if what you have put is the statement that is issued by CCC

Well yeah it would need to be watertight about the legals being dropped.

Don't think they will say that, my money is on it being the usual and then the Trust / the Council accounts all jumping on it saying "it was SISU".

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Moz was on CWR this morning

In terms of a statement it would make sense to me to issue one after the Westminster meeting later today.

RoboCCFC90

Does my post not state that OSB?

> Medium-term agreement between Wasps & CCFC (SISU) to be discussed on confirmation that litigation has been dropped - by SISU as they're the only party responsible for dropping the litigation.

I am with you on the sentiment that CCC are unlikely to release a statement to this affect.

ceetee

What we all (well most of us) want is a resolution of the current stand-off so that CCFC can continue to play in Coventry.
That means all parties have to negotiate
That is more important than who said, who did what years ago.
Unfortunately some people are too deeply committed to their entrenched views.
Like dogs they have to piss all over everything just to prove they've been there.

oldfiver

Pre-application advice | How to apply | Planning Portal

Nick

Administrator
What we all (well most of us) want is a resolution of the current stand-off so that CCFC can continue to play in Coventry.
That means all parties have to negotiate
That is more important than who said, who did what years ago.
Unfortunately some people are too deeply committed to their entrenched views.
Like dogs they have to piss all over everything just to prove they've been there.

It's as simple as that, just get them talking and see where it goes.

Moving the goalposts to say "SISU need to drop the legals before we talk" won't do anything. It's as simple as just discussing things on the basis legals will be dropped, if they don't drop them then nothing happens.

Users who are viewing this thread