SISU ready to sell? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I don’t blame them for what they are doing it’s an obvious tactic but there’s in sure no intention to sell

skybluetony176

See I wouldn’t mind Ashley - he’d have the ambition to get us in the prem then do SISU but at least we’d be doing it in the premier league
To keen on calling taxis for my liking. Never had a long term plan at Newcastle as far as I can see other than sacking managers and paying well over the odds for more often than not mediocre players.

Reactions: vow

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I don’t blame them for what they are doing it’s an obvious tactic but there’s in sure no intention to sell

giphy.gif

rexo87

Is it? I very much doubt that and they are assets that are required not a value for sale - the club has no value and a Sisu fund owned debt mountain
I would say so. It's probably 25 between the 'big 3'. I'm sure the rest given we have Sheaf would total up to between another 5 and 10

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Grendel

It's making a loss because it's run so poorly. It should be aiming to have 30-40 concerts a year in the hall and 3/4 in the arena.

its making a loss due to the fact there is a loan hawked against it and has been from day one

Grendel

They have the golden share of a Championship football club that's one good season away from the PL.

And £20 million of debt with annual losses

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Literally even if they invested 30m to get to prem and relegated instantly they would make their investment and the money they purchased the club back and some.
But how often do you invest 30m? If you get it wrong you have to invest another 30 - if it takes 4 seasons you’ve spent 120m incrued higher costs/wages and you’ve made no money.

SISU don’t have the balls anymore to attempt that gamble

Kieranp96

But how often do you invest 30m? If you get it wrong you have to invest another 30 - if it takes 4 seasons you’ve spent 120m incrued higher costs/wages and you’ve made no money.

I’m not talking about sisu, more the potential buyer might view it as that, and tbh I don’t think mr needs 120m for a promotion to the prem I think not even 30m he will choose his players correct hard working team players not some fancy baller who looks pleasing but isn’t there for the team (bright).

Kieranp96

As for the question about who done it, I’m recent years

Blackpool
Hull
Sheffield united
Middlesbourgh
Wigan

ceetee

Let's remind ourselves again, that Fisher said the SiSU approach to running/funding a football club would not work in the Championship. So what are their options.

Change their game plan and hope for payback on promotion, get rid, or manage us back to L1. Actually their is a fourth option which is do nothing and hope for a fluked promotion but perhaps they realise that isn't positive enough

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

As for the question about who done it, I’m recent years

Blackpool
Hull
Sheffield united
Middlesbourgh
Wigan
I’m not saying it’s not possible, in fact 30m should be enough. I’m just saying the competition is big. You have 3 teams coming down with that cash. It could easily strap you into a nightmare scenario

Nick

Administrator
That call gives me anxiety.

"Won in a poker game" should have had enough alarm bells ringing

Its more that he has got Mark Hornby's name from somewhere and made out he's doing a takeover with him.

Still, CWR got hard for it.

Reactions: AOM

shmmeee

We don’t need £30m, we need maybe another £5m a year for the wage bill and a couple of mill a season for transfer fees. I don’t want to see us become another team spunking £5-10m on garbage Championship players on £20k/week, but I also don’t want us to be totally hamstrung and unable to bring anyone in or pay a squad of players even a lower mid table salary.

CCFCSteve

Im not so sure (ever the optimist !). Of course they’d sell at the right price. Keeping the Wasps position on peoples radar and suggesting they might be up for a chat is sensible

The fact is I just can’t see how they can make much from current model unless they reinvest at least some of the cash on generated on player sales on new buys that grow in value. This is a gamble. Taking a lump now, whilst we’re still in the championship might be a good shout. I’m sure they’d also want to tie in an additional bonus on promotion within a certain period

The bigger issue is are there any good potential buyers ?!

Mucca Mad Boys

Is that just wishful thinking? Wasps in an 18K stadium in Birmingham makes a lot more sense than a 32K stadium in Coventry but in practice how would it work.

Is the thinking that someone comes up with the money for the bond payment and they get the stadium in return. I guess its not impossible but seems unlikely.

32k was always going to be too big for a rugby club. 20-23k would be the maximum I imagine.

Birmingham would likely be a good shout, it doesn’t involve displacing a major Birmingham team, maybe Moseley? Unlike Cov RFC, they don’t have realistic ambitions to get to the Prem.

Londonccfcfan

Potential new owners and indeed the current owners know this club currently is nowhere near its potential.

Owners will have a vision that year on year our fan base is growing and that potentially with consistant championship top half performances we can achieve 30k attendances. Even if its on average just 26k home fans.

Its not that far off. Vs carlisle midweek few years ago when we had barely 6k fans in attendance. 5 years later we are averaging 20k.

nunchuckas

We don’t need £30m, we need maybe another £5m a year for the wage bill and a couple of mill a season for transfer fees. I don’t want to see us become another team spunking £5-10m on garbage Championship players on £20k/week, but I also don’t want us to be totally hamstrung and unable to bring anyone in or pay a squad of players even a lower mid table salary.

Agreed, we are really close to being strong contenders for promotion, and probably the cheapest prospect for an investor. With our model and style of play, an investment of just 5 million would be enough to allow Robin's to keep what we have and bring in enough additional quality and depth in key areas on upcoming hungry players to make us really strong contenders on a low budget. And worst case scenario, if we don't make it, enough of the players would have developed and improved enough to be sold on to at least recoup the outlay/make a small profit.

Way better than throwing money around on has-beens and big names, our current philosophy has got us agonisingly close to being, pretty much, one of the best teams in the league. Just a small increase in budget and squad depth would make us genuine contenders, for not a lot more extra cash.

Users who are viewing this thread