SISU ready to sell? (3 Viewers)

chiefdave

Wasps looking at moving to the Alexandra Stadium after the commonwealth games apparently.
Is that just wishful thinking? Wasps in an 18K stadium in Birmingham makes a lot more sense than a 32K stadium in Coventry but in practice how would it work.

Is the thinking that someone comes up with the money for the bond payment and they get the stadium in return. I guess its not impossible but seems unlikely.

slowpoke

Wishful thinking ? I’ve been wishing for years. SISU will probably deny it they are experts of raising hopes then dashing them, they don’t then does silence mean yes ? I live in hope and will put the champers on ice.

chiefdave

If there is any truth in this someone like AEG would be ideal. Their portfolio lacks a midlands venue and they can easily place a huge number of music events in the hall. They also have a track record of buying teams and making a success of it

But we're never that lucky.

AFCCOVENTRY

I know it was rumoured that Sisu were looking for an investment partner to join them rather than sell. So it might be someone who can stump up the cash for the stadium and then become joint owners.

Danceswithhorses

If there is any truth in this someone like AEG would be ideal. Their portfolio lacks a midlands venue and they can easily place a huge number of music events in the hall. They also have a track record of buying teams and making a success of it

But we're never that lucky.
...and the kits would be lovely and clean after a quickwash cycle ;)

SkyBlueMatt

And the interesting thing is the story is in the Business section - no mention of it at all in the Sports area
It looks to me like the owners are putting the club into play in the business community
It's even possible that they're already talking to a party but want other bidders to entry the fray

6onjuk.jpg

Terry_dactyl

Solid owner , we'd never be in debt .

He's not going to take us to the champions league but he'd take us to the Premier league
Bumbling around 15th-17th in the top flight sounds like hell/pretty much all the years in the top flight we’ve had to date!

Covkid1968#

I just ask for two things.

1. Do it all quietly behind the scenes like actual fucking professionals
2. Tell Dhinsa, Haskell, Evans, Hoffman, Elliott and any other clowns involved previously to fuck right off.
What a cluster fuck consortium that would be 😬😬 what about Chinese rail man… he needs an invite to that table… preferably via fax

Evo1883

And the interesting thing is the story is in the Business section
It looks to me like the owners are putting the club into play in the business community
It's even possible that they're already talking to a party but want other bidders to entry the fray
Bumbling around 15th-17th in the top flight sounds like hell/pretty much all the years in the top flight we’ve had to date!

They weren't that bad Screenshot_20220802-100959_Chrome.jpg

Gibbo

Anyone have a Times subscription as it's behind a pay wall?

I'm going to guess not many on here...

1. It took SISU 12 years and a load of managers to work out how to run a football club. Just when they have sort of cracked it they move on....

2. I suspect where we are is optimum SISU - mid-table Championship. The risk - reward in order to pursue Prem status is not in their mindset. I sympathize with that having seen what has happened Derby and other clubs.

3. The lack of spend is odd and might signify something. No major acquisitions like Hamer, O'Hare, Sheaf & Vik (I note three were loan convertions but they are still major acquisitions)

JulianDarbyFTW

I know I'll be in the minority, but I'm well past my hating Sisu stage. With the current state of the club, I think there are worse owners out there. Although perhaps it's like one of those relationships where I've had my spirit sucked out of me and I'm so brow-beaten that I just enjoy the quiet times with no arguments and think it's all going to end well.

SeaSeeEffCee

Ashley would probably be alright as an owner of a smaller club like us. The issue at Newcastle is their fans think they should be a Champions League club and he was never going to provide the funding for that. I’d imagine he’d be willing to put enough in to get a Champ team to the Prem though. There must be something about it all that he enjoys given that he wants to get back involved despite getting abused for years at Newcastle.

Terry_dactyl

I know I'll be in the minority, but I'm well past my hating Sisu stage. With the current state of the club, I think there are worse owners out there. Although perhaps it's like one of those relationships where I've had my spirit sucked out of me and I'm so brow-beaten that I just enjoy the quiet times with no arguments and think it's all going to end well.
Stockholm Syndrome!

I thought I felt the same but when I saw this thread I got immediately excited at the prospect of them going. They probably aren’t though huh?

gazza

if they’re not going to invest anything in the team and we have to sell our best players to fund any losses it’s just a matter of time before we either get relegated again or lose the manager, the sooner they fuck off the better.

SkyB

Why are people saying that the CBS needs a £15 million revamp? Is there an article or something i've missed?

skybluetony176

I’m not going to get too excited over this story. I can’t help but feel that this story has an element of stirring the pot. The Wasps defaulting on their bonds has hardly been headline news on the sports sections of the papers but report it as CCFC being sold so a new owner can take over the CBS and all of a sudden you have a load of people going “what? Wasp’s are default on debt? Last I heard they were the richest club in Rugby and now they’re bankrupt!”

Coupled with a we’re not arsed attitude to the council when the council come cap in hand saying we now need you to take over at the CBS. Early negotiation tactic to pick it up for next to nothing. Being a bully failed to pick it up for nothing so May as well pretend you’re doing the council a favour begrudgingly to pick it up for nothing.

I just can’t see SISU selling until they’ve got a combined package of CCFC and CBS available to sell.

Kieranp96

Would love them to go and us get a serious owner but tbh all I have known is sisu so anyone investing more than 5m is a major upgrade for me and probably a lot of our fan base.

Grendel

Sisu have nothing to actually sell. The club has no value other than the players. It’s a stir the pot story

Jamesimus

Sisu have nothing to actually sell. The club has no value other than the players. It’s a stir the pot story

I definitely agree with this and don't think they'll sell, but also maybe they recognise the value of our current players is the highest is has been and will be for a while I imagine?

Grendel

In fairness the value of the squad is probably between 30-40m

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Is it? I very much doubt that and they are assets that are required not a value for sale - the club has no value and a Sisu fund owned debt mountain

Users who are viewing this thread