Sisu - My message to you (2 Viewers)

Captain Dart

It’s quite simple really, The councils financial position is what forced them to offload what was a cash draining empty facility with a falling valuation, to anyone with a few quid who was willing to take it off their hands.

If you owned a second house and rented it out, and you could find no new tenants to rent it, how long would you be prepared to loose money on it?
And remember the council are answerable to the rate payers, the voters, and central government, NOT the 10k fans of a privately owned football club.

I hope that spells it out for you Nick.

He won't understand your logic.

Captain Dart

I disagree Nick. If CCFC were sold to another owner, I think that WASP's would welcome the chance of joint ownership of the stadium with CCFC
If and only if they agreed to share the debt. In my opinion.

Captain Dart

That's what SISU thought.
They were wrong so why are you right?
A market with very few suitors, any of which would no doubt require a degree of exclusivity.

Nick

Administrator
He won't understand your logic.

True, same as I don't understand the logic in somebody needing 2 accounts to sign up to a football team's forum they have no interest in at all.

The good thing about these threads is that they draw the less obvious ones out ;)

Captain Dart

True, same as I don't understand the logic in somebody needing 2 accounts to sign up to a football team's forum they have no interest in at all.

The good thing about these threads is that they draw the less obvious ones out ;)

Nick, you never understand my point of view or that of numerous others who share similar positions and resort to ad hominem attacks.

That is a fact.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, you never understand my point of view or that of numerous others who share similar positions and resort to ad hominem attacks.

Again, you do realise I was replying to your "ad hominem attack" right? The same as the last time you tried to use that.

No, I probably never will understand the logic of somebody who posts on a CCFC forum with no interest in CCFC or the football at all. When it's somebody like LAST I might not agree with him but I can usually see where he is coming from and I know 100% that 3PM on a Saturday he will be thinking exactly the same as me. Even Tony at a push ;)

It's not that hard to grasp.

skybluetony176

I am not at all. Wasps publicly came on the scene as a buyer when CCFC had returned to the Ricoh. CCFC were in talks over the summer, I exclusively revealed on here.

19th August 2014: It was confirmed to me that CCFC had agreed to return

Ricoh rumour

5th September 2014: Coventry City play their first match back at the Ricoh Arena

Coventry City 1-0 Gillingham

18th September 2014: Wasps in talks to buy Ricoh Arena

Rugby club Wasps in talks to buy major stake in Ricoh Arena

This story makes reference to them wanting to play just European games there initially.....

Publicly. The club allegedly had a copy of the prospectus as early as the Easter before when we were still in our first season at Northampton. At least that’s what I was told anyway, just as that season was finishing by someone who claimed to have been shown the prospectus by someone at the club. Plenty of people on here were telling a very similar story long before Wasps turned up. If it was a secret it clearly wasn’t a well kept one. I took it with a pinch of salt at the time and was proven wrong. SISU seemed to have let it happen putting their trust in a potential JR2. They got it wrong too.

chiefdave

Wasps had stated that they were not interested in renting a stadium, so that possibility was never even on the table.
Wasps stated a lot of things that weren't true. Telling their fans the new stadium would be in London was one. Telling their fans it was impossible to build a new stadium in London was another. Telling their fans the new stadium in Brentwood wouldn't allow rugby, I think you get the idea.
Ccfc were never going to be in a position to buy the stadium, sisu were, but had proven impossible to trust.
On what basis are you asserting as fact that CCFC would not be in a position to purchase the stadium at any point in the next 250 years?
An independent party had been brought in, to value the Ricoh, so it was not sold off cheap to wasps.
Assume the value is correct, why was the club pilloried for suggesting buying Higgs share for £2m?
It’s quite simple really, The councils financial position is what forced them to offload what was a cash draining empty facility with a falling valuation, to anyone with a few quid who was willing to take it off their hands.
The council were not forced to offload anything. ACL run the stadium, they have paid the cost of the lease to the council upfront. Equally ACL were doing little to maximise their revenues, having been comfortable relying on the clubs rent, it is entirely possible that the turnaround in ACL, sparked by the club leaving, would have continued and it would genuinely have been 'washing its face'.
If you owned a second house and rented it out, and you could find no new tenants to rent it, how long would you be prepared to loose money on it?
I would probably get an estate agent to advertise it so people actually knew it was available for rent.
And there is hardly a market for empty, 30000 seater football grounds with no tenants.
If there is no market where did Wasps come from? You only know there's no market if you place it on the market and nobody bids.
I disagree Nick. If CCFC were sold to another owner, I think that WASP's would welcome the chance of joint ownership of the stadium with CCFC
It would stop the JR, and allow a favourable long term solution regarding ccfc playing at the Ricoh.
Where are we going to find someone stupid enough to pay Wasps to be take on half of their bond debt?
Putting quite a controversial point forward here, what is so wrong about renting a stadium? Provided that we don't get bent over and charged an extortionate rent?
Nothing at all. Its what you get in return. We saw at championship level that despite large crowds we had one of the smallest revenues. How are we ever going to get a deal that puts us on an equal footing with our peers?

WhaleOilBeefHooked

You always say this, yet offer no proof to back up your baseless accusations.

You're an admin - look at the IPs and tell us which accounts are the same person.

Nick

Administrator
You always say this, yet offer no proof to back up your baseless accusations.

You're an admin - look at the IPs and tell us which accounts are the same person.

As a long term reader and expert in the things I post you would surely know exactly who I am referring to?

Captain Dart

Again, you do realise I was replying to your "ad hominem attack" right? The same as the last time you tried to use that.

No, I probably never will understand the logic of somebody who posts on a CCFC forum with no interest in CCFC or the football at all. When it's somebody like LAST I might not agree with him but I can usually see where he is coming from and I know 100% that 3PM on a Saturday he will be thinking exactly the same as me. Even Tony at a push ;)

It's not that hard to grasp.

I was right then. But you're so wrong about my interest, its just in a radically different state to what it was when I had a season ticket, spoiled by SISU actions I'm afraid.
I'm just waiting for them to piss off or at very least start behaving as reliable & honourable partners.

Nick

Administrator
I was right then. But you're so wrong about my interest, its just in a radically different state to what it was when I had a season ticket, spoiled by SISU actions I'm afraid.
I'm just waiting for them to piss off or at very least start behaving as relipartners.
The last time you tried to use it I was replying to you posting about me.. which is why I said it was ironic then.

Your interest on here has never been about ccfc sadly, with either account. There's been more interest in cov united.

fernandopartridge

Publicly. The club allegedly had a copy of the prospectus as early as the Easter before when we were still in our first season at Northampton. At least that’s what I was told anyway, just as that season was finishing by someone who claimed to have been shown the prospectus by someone at the club. Plenty of people on here were telling a very similar story long before Wasps turned up. If it was a secret it clearly wasn’t a well kept one. I took it with a pinch of salt at the time and was proven wrong. SISU seemed to have let it happen putting their trust in a potential JR2. They got it wrong too.

Yes, and publicly was what Legia said in his post.

Captain Dart

I have little doubt about that too. SISU made a monumental strategic blunder by not reacting to CCC/Wasps clandestine manoeuvres.

skybluetony176

Yes, and publicly was what Legia said in his post.

I know. Just making the point that SISU clearly knew long before anything was public. From what I was told the reason so many fans knew while we were still playing at Northampton was because people from the club knew. It’s highly likely that the second we started a second season at Northampton the final nail in the coffin was dealt. SISU clearly had opportunity to bring the club back before that with opportunities through the administrators, the FL and then the protracted negotiations that finally brought us back thanks to the church acting as peacemaker. Who’s to say that if we’d signed a long term commitment to the Ricoh while publicly stating that we were no longer moving on wouldn’t have been enough to stave off the Wasps takeover? You’re assuming that the council had other opinions if we didn’t commit to the Ricoh. Tim Fisher was still talking stupid before the ink had dried on the 2+2years contract. They can’t pretend that they didn’t know Wasps were poised in the background either. SISU have got this wrong at every turn and are still going around in circles to the detriment of the club. Everyone carries some blame. They carry the most.

fernandopartridge

I know. Just making the point that SISU clearly knew long before anything was public. From what I was told the reason so many fans knew while we were still playing at Northampton was because people from the club knew. It’s highly likely that the second we started a second season at Northampton the final nail in the coffin was dealt. SISU clearly had opportunity to bring the club back before that with opportunities through the administrators, the FL and then the protracted negotiations that finally brought us back thanks to the church acting as peacemaker. Who’s to say that if we’d signed a long term commitment to the Ricoh while publicly stating that we were no longer moving on wouldn’t have been enough to stave off the Wasps takeover? You’re assuming that the council had other opinions if we didn’t commit to the Ricoh. Tim Fisher was still talking stupid before the ink had dried on the 2+2years contract. They can’t pretend that they didn’t know Wasps were poised in the background either. SISU have got this wrong at every turn and are still going around in circles to the detriment of the club. Everyone carries some blame. They carry the most.

LOL, clearly knew because a bloke you know reckons they did. Stick to the EU thread Tone.

Edit: I don't disagree that SISU without doubt carry the heaviest burden of blame, but the council and club's former owners are right on their tails.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

This is how I proportion hatred:

1) Bryan Richardson and Graeme Hover etc - thy started this whole mess with their house made on sand scheme to make us bigger

2) The Council - didn’t have to sell the Ricoh, but have done screwing over the Club and potentially ruining them in the long term once our SISU overlords have done a runner... no real chance of recovery

3) SISU - Northampton.... agreed with their points on the Ricoh deal, they were correct - execution is woeful and put the club in their current position

4) Wasps - Slimy opportunists who will now control our destiny for years to come. We’ll be at ransom to a club in a secondary sport

fatso

This is how I proportion hatred:

1) Bryan Richardson and Graeme Hover etc - thy started this whole mess with their house made on sand scheme to make us bigger

2) The Council - didn’t have to sell the Ricoh, but have done screwing over the Club and potentially ruining them in the long term once our SISU overlords have done a runner... no real chance of recovery

3) SISU - Northampton.... agreed with their points on the Ricoh deal, they were correct - execution is woeful and put the club in their current position

4) Wasps - Slimy opportunists who will now control our destiny for years to come. We’ll be at ransom to a club in a secondary sport
You forgot Geoffrey Robinson, and Mick Mcginnity!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

You forgot Geoffrey Robinson, and Mick Mcginnity!
They’re covered in point one - Geoffrey has he nerve to say he didn’t want to sell to SISU. He was doing a SISU before SISU bought us

Bought Keane for us and flipped him the season after (Albeit for 6m profit - but try explaining business logic to a 10 year old!!!)
Worst thing is, he’s actually a fan!

rob9872

Hover was a puppet left hanging, I'd never tar him with the same brush as Richardson - he was the main culprit back then.

fatso

They’re covered in point one - Geoffrey has he nerve to say he didn’t want to sell to SISU. He was doing a SISU before SISU bought us

Bought Keane for us and flipped him the season after (Albeit for 6m profit - but try explaining business logic to a 10 year old!!!)
Worst thing is, he’s actually a fan!
Lol, doing a sisu, I liked that

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

At the end of the day we all fight and argue with each other. But all of us have been shit on by all of them parties.

The sooner we as fans all realise that all four of them parties are enemies of CCFC, is the only time we’ll agree and move forward.

Unfortunately we as all focus on who’s worse rather than how can we stick it to all of them

Captain Dart

At the end of the day we all fight and argue with each other. But all of us have been shit on by all of them parties.

The sooner we as fans all realise that all four of them parties are enemies of CCFC, is the only time we’ll agree and move forward.

Unfortunately we as all focus on who’s worse rather than how can we stick it to all of them

I don't think we need to "stick it to all of them" what we need is for them to cooperate and find a way forward all can accept.
* At least the stakeholders who still have an interest.

Adge

Hover was a puppet left hanging, I'd never tar him with the same brush as Richardson - he was the main culprit back then.
Talking of which, where is the greasey haired tit that was Graham Hover? Heard he was at Gillingham for a bit after he left us and then some dodgy dealings came to light apparently and he hasn’t been seen or heard of since?:emoji_thinking:

Captain Dart

Talking of which, where is the greasey haired tit that was Graham Hover? Heard he was at Gillingham for a bit after he left us and then some dodgy dealings came to light apparently and he hasn’t been seen or heard of since?:emoji_thinking:
Probably retired by now.

skybluetony176

LOL, clearly knew because a bloke you know reckons they did. Stick to the EU thread Tone.

Edit: I don't disagree that SISU without doubt carry the heaviest burden of blame, but the council and club's former owners are right on their tails.

You can LOL all you like but clearly it was correct given how things played out. There was enough people on here who publicly have admitted to meeting Joy, Tim, Labovich etc in person, some arranged through this forum and some of those people are the original source to the story that I eventually heard face to face from another supporter. Like I say you can LOL all you like but it turned out to be true.

Users who are viewing this thread