Sisu - My message to you (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

Having read and listened to the hundreds of tributes and positive stories regarding the Leicester Chairman it has made me wonder if Club owners and chairmen up and down the country (including Sisu) have started looking at how they treat their privileged positions as heads of their football clubs.
Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha seemed to treat everyone with whom he came into contact with, with respect and humility and was as generous with his time as he was with his money.
The outpouring of love and emotion from the people of Leicester is a testament of how highly regarded he is by the ordinary people of the city.
Can the owners of our own football club put their hands on their hearts and say that they have treated the people of Coventry with the same respect and humility?
I doubt it - BUT they now have this exact opportunity. They should call the legal actions to a halt, publicly admit that they have made errors, accept the fact that they have lost the right to own the Ricoh Arena and enter immediate discussions to secure the Ricoh as the home for the football club for the long term.
So come on Sisu please learn something from this tragic loss at Leicester and make amends with the people of Coventry.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think it will make a difference with any owners to be honest.

There will already be the ones putting their heart and soul into it and the ones who aren't really fussed. I can't see it suddenly making somebody do a massive U Turn.

GaryJones

The thing is, every time I hear a tribute to the Leicester owner I cant help thinking about Sisu and how the polar opposite would apply if they were to suffer a similar tragedy.
For me a shift change in attitude on behalf of the owners should be a no-brainer!

rob9872

Our owners have always been dreadful and Vichai was the exception rather than the rule. The key is a good manager, investing in youth and a bit of luck. We're doing ok in spite of them and not because of them, but since we can't change them our energy is better served in forgetting about them, support the team and they'll go when they're ready. They wont be here forever and if they wont listen to all of the protests and off field stuff that's gone on over the past few years then they certainly wont drop the court issues out of a sense of doing the right thing. Ruthless business people and there will be an end to this saga at some point - ride the wave!

GaryJones

GaryJones

1. Stop your messing around
2. Better think of your future
3. Time you straighten right out
4. Creating problems in town
Sisu - a message to you Sisu

torchomatic

lifeskyblue

If only. I’m afraid sisu cannot and never will be able to be compared to someone like Mr Srivaddhanaprabha. They haven’t got the grace or humanity; they haven’t the interest in the city or the football club and will never receive the respect or love of fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disgruntled Sky Blue

There's just no comparison between Leicester's former owner and our lot. There could be 91 perfect owners in the football league structure but SISU would be the one wearing "it's just ruthless business, nothing personal" badge of honour while seeking new ways to destabilise the club and fanbase in pursuit of it's now ridiculous goal.

SkyBlueCRJ

I find this thread bizarre. On what basis would SISU take anything from Vichai's death? Not that I'm defending their actions but they're a business not a charity. Are you honestly saying they should suddenly invest hundreds of millions/make amends with a city they clearly care less about, on the back of a beloved Leicester City chairman passing away under tragic circumstances? If they didn't care before they're certainly not going to have some sort of epiphany because the popular chairman one of our neighbour clubs has died.

It's actually really rare you get a chairman that football fans actually like simply because the majority of fans will think they can do a better job. Vichai clearly was the exception not the rule.

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Controversial comment warning.

The media are in overkill mode with the coverage of Vichai. Let's not kid ourselves. He was a very rich businessman who invested In Leicester to realise a profit and ROI, which he did. He also did some incredibly generous charitable work, however this is not exactly out of the ordinary for billionaires (Man City owners have invested millions into the local community). It is unfortunate that he died, but he was not a saint and was not a rarity in football. Enough of the sad fox Leicester badge. Let him rest in peace, hold the customary silences and move on.

letsallsingtogether

Ah yes, what better way to communicate with a privately owned hedge fund than with a fan forum that they don't read.
100% they do read this and other forums.
Even know who some of us are.

Whether they care is another matter.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Having read and listened to the hundreds of tributes and positive stories regarding the Leicester Chairman it has made me wonder if Club owners and chairmen up and down the country (including Sisu) have started looking at how they treat their privileged positions as heads of their football clubs.
Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha seemed to treat everyone with whom he came into contact with, with respect and humility and was as generous with his time as he was with his money.
The outpouring of love and emotion from the people of Leicester is a testament of how highly regarded he is by the ordinary people of the city.
Can the owners of our own football club put their hands on their hearts and say that they have treated the people of Coventry with the same respect and humility?
I doubt it - BUT they now have this exact opportunity. They should call the legal actions to a halt, publicly admit that they have made errors, accept the fact that they have lost the right to own the Ricoh Arena and enter immediate discussions to secure the Ricoh as the home for the football club for the long term.
So come on Sisu please learn something from this tragic loss at Leicester and make amends with the people of Coventry.

Sorry but the untimely death of the Leicester owner or his actions during his life has no bearing on SISU's objectives. It doesn't change anything for them, and sadly they don't really need the goodwill of the fans/Coventry public to conduct their business.

Legal actions - why would they call it off if it suits their investors to continue? Their primary interest is and always has been their investors/investment not CCFC
Public admission - they have issued statements saying they have made errors in the past. Not once did they say what they thought those errors were that they were admitting to and nor did it change anything subsequently
Right to the Ricoh - as it stands they have no legal right to the Ricoh, it is a simple fact. The legals are not really about that, those actions target monetary compensation for their investors/investment
Enter discussions - not in their power to do so whilst the target of all their actions is value for their investors/investment, Wasps wont even talk to them. I still think a short term deal at greater cost will be done despite the stance taken by both sides

The actions you suggest would tie their hands in dealing with things for the investors and likely require further new additional investment in CCFC/Otium. I don't believe that is very likely

As it stands they are protected from a lot of scrutiny simply because of the job MR and his team are doing in the league without them providing new funding - no reason for them to change anything

Its a nice thought but your plea to SISU will almost certainly fall on deaf ears.

fatso

Sorry but the untimely death of the Leicester owner or his actions during his life has no bearing on SISU's objectives. It doesn't change anything for them, and sadly they don't really need the goodwill of the fans/Coventry public to conduct their business.

Legal actions - why would they call it off if it suits their investors to continue? Their primary interest is and always has been their investors/investment not CCFC
Public admission - they have issued statements saying they have made errors in the past. Not once did they say what they thought those errors were that they were admitting to and nor did it change anything subsequently
Right to the Ricoh - as it stands they have no legal right to the Ricoh, it is a simple fact. The legals are not really about that, those actions target monetary compensation for their investors/investment
Enter discussions - not in their power to do so whilst the target of all their actions is value for their investors/investment, Wasps wont even talk to them. I still think a short term deal at greater cost will be done despite the stance taken by both sides

The actions you suggest would tie their hands in dealing with things for the investors and likely require further new additional investment in CCFC/Otium. I don't believe that is very likely

As it stands they are protected from a lot of scrutiny simply because of the job MR and his team are doing in the league without them providing new funding - no reason for them to change anything

Its a nice thought but your plea to SISU will almost certainly fall on deaf ears.
Very well put, unfortunately a number of people on here don’t wish to accept the facts as they stand, and would rather accuse others of giving wasps a free ride, or of being wasp apologists. But unfortunately, while sisu own the club, both ccfc and sisu are viewed as being the same entity by the council, ACL, Higgs trust and wasps. Until sisu sell the club, this ongoing mistrust will continue.
The ever looming end to the current tenancy agreement may hopefully result in an end to the ongoing legal saga, and pave the way for a long term arrangement to stay at the Ricoh, but if it dosnt, then I could only assume that sisu care a lot less about ccfc than they do about chasing their lost investment.

Nick

Administrator
Very well put, unfortunately a number of people on here don’t wish to accept the facts as they stand, and would rather accuse others of giving wasps a free ride, or of being wasp apologists. But unfortunately, while sisu own the club, both ccfc and sisu are viewed as being the same entity by the council, ACL, Higgs trust and wasps. Until sisu sell the club, this ongoing mistrust will continue.
The ever looming end to the current tenancy agreement may hopefully result in an end to the ongoing legal saga, and pave the way for a long term arrangement to stay at the Ricoh, but if it dosnt, then I could only assume that sisu care a lot less about ccfc than they do about chasing their lost investment.

You do realise that people can think SISU are bellends and think Wasps are bellends that get off lightly, right?

You can also think SISU are bellends and point out that people only appear to push a certain view.

It isn't one or the other.

NortonSkyBlue

You do realise that people can think SISU are bellends and think Wasps are bellends that get off lightly, right?

You can also think SISU are bellends and point out that people only appear to push a certain view.

It isn't one or the other.
But then the question comes "who is the biggest bellend?"
OSB is once again correct in my opinion that our cup and play off victory and the good form currently deflect much of scrutiny away from Sisu but that will change if we are turfed out even if it because of the legals.
Fuck them both.

Nick

Administrator
OSB is once again correct in my opinion that our cup and play off victory and the good form currently deflect much of scrutiny away from Sisu but that will change if we are turfed out even if it because of the legals.
Fuck them both.

The sad thing is there will be people dying for the good run to come to an end to be able to take advantage of it.

Ashdown

I can see another rolling year contract being agreed, this will free up SISU to be flexible in their real objectives, although lets be frank they are failing at every level on that score............ or are they ?? CCFC is ticking along nicely thanks to favourable results of late and a half decent manager and good player sale/add ons record recently. Wasps will save face by ramping the rental up to around £250,000 per annum I guess, plus the Sky Blue footfall satisfies demand from the likes of 'Compass' and other partners to honour contracts.

torchomatic

Fuck them both.

"deflect scrutiny" or most likely football fans want to watch football and not get involved in politics or off the field shenanigans. If we go through a bad patch then the "SISU out" chants will start again, if we do well then you won't hear them. Or hear from those on here who push a certain narative.

SkyBlueZack

Still waiting to find out why a rent increase is justified? Our usage of the stadium wont increase. So using the 250k figure someone has mentioned, what's the justification for a 150% increase? Sisu are taking the council to court not wasps. They also claim legal expenses from sisu when they lose. I can totally understand match day costs going up with inflation etc. I could understand a small increase in rent but 150%?! Sisu and everyone else screw the club over where possible so why our fans are championing a rent increase is beyond me. Sisu won't pay the extra, ccfc will.

Users who are viewing this thread