SISU apologists seem to be looking uncomfortable ! (2 Viewers)

WillieStanley

Well done Ashdown for giving it straight. Sisu are responsible for the well being of this club and its just been shambles after shambles, leading to this complete mess. No one can rationally argue otherwise.

They are finished at Cov.

SISU OUT NOW!!!!!!

SISU have failed. I give you that. They were given a mountain to climb and they failed, big time. How would you have faired? This club was in a mess when they took over and whoever came in was going to make it either better or worse. It's worse. Plenty of people showed an interest and ran for the hills when they actually got to grips with what we've got.

So, what do we have? What was the challenge. Well, simply put, our overheads were at suicide levels. Out goings massively dwarfed incomings. Support dwindling. Not enough value in the playing squad in terms of outcomes matched with cost. A noose of a rent agreement.

I believe that scrapes the surface. Tip of the iceberg that is the CCFC mess. Where on earth do you start.

Well, SISU have made mistakes. Mistakes that spring to my mind are Onye, the KD era board and failing to tackle the rent issue sooner. The mistakes that they get lambasted for seem superficial next to the actual size of the problem. Moans such as "They don't talk to us" "They don't value us" "Their press releases are actually just spin".

I think that SISU have been trying to dig their way through a brick wall with a tea spoon and, ok have made mistakes but the shocking feeling I am experiencing right now is this overwhelming sense of inevitability.

SISU or not, at some point, we would have reached this place. ACL do not want to do business with anyone in regards to rent. CCFC has been punching above its wieght financially for years and has not coped with the global financial collapse. The only circumstance in which this would not have been the conclusion is an Abramovic scenario

Sky Blue Kid

Why is it so difficult to understand? CCFC LTD were effectively placed in admin by SISU. That company owed the rent money to ACL. The CCFC Holdings are a seperate company that are solvent, hold the golden share and will continue trading.

This "Smacks" of "Phoenix-ing" and if the FSA can't see this, then there is something wrong!:mad:

Samo

SISU have failed. I give you that. They were given a mountain to climb and they failed, big time. How would you have faired? This club was in a mess when they took over and whoever came in was going to make it either better or worse. It's worse. Plenty of people showed an interest and ran for the hills when they actually got to grips with what we've got.

So, what do we have? What was the challenge. Well, simply put, our overheads were at suicide levels. Out goings massively dwarfed incomings. Support dwindling. Not enough value in the playing squad in terms of outcomes matched with cost. A noose of a rent agreement.

I believe that scrapes the surface. Tip of the iceberg that is the CCFC mess. Where on earth do you start.

Well, SISU have made mistakes. Mistakes that spring to my mind are Onye, the KD era board and failing to tackle the rent issue sooner. The mistakes that they get lambasted for seem superficial next to the actual size of the problem. Moans such as "They don't talk to us" "They don't value us" "Their press releases are actually just spin".

I think that SISU have been trying to dig their way through a brick wall with a tea spoon and, ok have made mistakes but the shocking feeling I am experiencing right now is this overwhelming sense of inevitability.

SISU or not, at some point, we would have reached this place. ACL do not want to do business with anyone in regards to rent. CCFC has been punching above its wieght financially for years and has not coped with the global financial collapse. The only circumstance in which this would not have been the conclusion is an Abramovic scenario

I think ACL will happily negotiate with any reasonable investor regarding the rent because it's in their interests for CCFC to be successful. It's SISU they have a problem with.

Dude

Having spent many hours on the old Telegraph site, debating the objectives, aspirations and competence of SISU with Torchy and company, it is clear they were misguided and wrong. Don't expect a full admission of that from their direction, even though I'm sure they know it by now. That said, many are examples of true City fans and will suffer with the rest of us while this gets sorted out. It will, with our fan base someone will ensure we've a team of some sort, in some league, in some stadium to put our money.

I still think the full extent of SISU's financial set-up is yet to be published; that could be an eye-opener for all of us. Potential new investors will be playing a waiting game for the moment, making sure they come aboard at a time when initial investmest is as low as it could get. That's in our favour as I'd rather any spare resources they have are invested in future progression rather than old debt.

In terms of the Ricoh, my guess is we'll remain there long-term. I don't see, despite others views, any sustainable future for the stadium without our football club. Going forward though, I pray our next ownership have the business sense to own at least part, preferably all, of the stadium and related income streams. Without that, we'll never, ever, attain the heights of old. If ACL, and it goes without saying SISU, can get shafted a little in the process, all the better as they cannot be allowed to come out of this mess smelling of roses.

GaryPendrysEyes

I absolutely dont agree 'Sisu or not, at some point, we would have reached this place'.
It wasnt inevitable we got relegated, or we lost 8000 fans and that revenue, or we fell out with the Council- even ACL to the extent we have, or we went through 5 or 6 managers and 20 or 30 players... that my friend is Sisu incompetence... They have failed as a business, simple as that.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Without the court case all this would never have happened. We are the only football club who has been kneecapped by the local council.

Instead of trotting out this childish mantra, perhaps you'd answer a question? What should they have done?

I see that the directors of ACL had no choice other than administration with SISU threatening liquidation. They have to, by law, protect their interests with the threat of their biggest debtor folding. They are directors of the business and have to act in it's best interests.

They had the winding up order granted months ago and haven't pushed for anything more formal since. To pretend they moved to administration without external influence from SISU simply doesn't appear accurate.

Once they did so, SISU's actions appear both duplicitous and amateurish.

GaryPendrysEyes

Sisu are a failed business and its time they went. Their job was to provide professional and competent stewardship of this club to ensure its well being, instead we have had years of chaos now ending in court with the threat of administration or liquidation.

It was their responsibility to agree competent contracts, manage relationships with partners (like ACL) and other stakeholders (like the Council, MPs and yes the Trust) professionally and in a business-like manner. Instead they are cowboys who renege on legal contracts, try to damage partners and alienate all other stakeholders. Even in court they try and deviously evade their responsibilities, which does nothing but bring our club in to disrepute.

Sisu are finished here.

LarryGrayson

a loada babys in here

Users who are viewing this thread