SISU apologists seem to be looking uncomfortable ! (2 Viewers)

elephanttears

Well I'm not getting into a debate about the Governments policy of housing with you.

I actually called you a twat before, not a prick. I apologised as well so man up about it.

My auntie used to do a bit of cleaning in the social services building on Little Park St if that counts?

Your auntie probably did work there but you have a very unhealthy obsession with anything council/acl/government based. Your probably a civil servant or something that has been brainwashed, a jobsworth in the truest sense of the word.

torchomatic

Brighton Sky Blue

Look above your post for vitriol, mate.

Why should I hold my head in disgrace? I support CCFC, always have, always will. And I will always support them before any owner, before ACL and before the Council. Always.

As do I Torch. Like you I'm enraged at the situation the club is in because it would take very little to undo it. I don't know what is causing Fisher to take this route over accepting ACL's offer. I guess the baby should have his bottle.

coundonskyblue

Your auntie probably did work there but you have a very unhealthy obsession with anything council/acl/government based. Your probably a civil servant or something that has been brainwashed, a jobsworth in the truest sense of the word.

I don't think I'm brainwashed. I can still see if my football club is acting right or wrong, something you seem incapable of.

You still haven't explained where the £30m is coming from for a new ground?

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't think I'm brainwashed. I can still see if my football club is acting right or wrong, something you seem incapable of.

I'd like to know how this magic number has been arrived at.

elephanttears

How is it acting wrong, by daring to stand up to a company thats is basically set up to make money off the back of a football club?

The 30 million if needed could be loaned, i very much doubt that we will build a new stadium anyway but the threat of it will hopefully get Sisu/ccfc what they want in the negotiations. I do respect the things you say we just obviously sit on the different side of the fence.

Brighton Sky Blue

Seems to be the absolute minimum cost of some shitty stadium that would just about do us.

Alternate idea: Buy out Higgs' share for max £10m then buy out the Council's £14m loan to ACL. Then we take on the role of the council for a snip at £24 million.

Sky Blue Pete

How is it acting wrong, by daring to stand up to a company thats is basically set up to make money off the back of a football club?

The 30 million if needed could be loaned, i very much doubt that we will build a new stadium anyway but the threat of it will hopefully get Sisu/ccfc what they want in the negotiations. I do respect the things you say we just obviously sit on the different side of the fence.
I don't know what game you are playing but I cannot believe you are a sky blues fan. Read what you are putting it is utter claptrap

Last edited:

Grendel

Where are we going to play then?

The quango that put the club into administration are already making overtures. We all know where we will be playing, your being disingenuous or completely stupid.

Grendel

Didn't know CCFC Holdings was a quango.

Without the court case all this would never have happened. We are the only football club who has been kneecapped by the local council.

stupot07

Didn't know CCFC Holdings was a quango.

To be fair, ACL would have put us in admin today had Sisu not beat them to it. Plenty on here wanted us put in admin

Then last night a few posters on here wanted ACL to lock us out, and Sisu have moved us out.

People got what they asked for didn't they?? :eek:

Grendel

I've not met anyone of sound mind or sensible judgement that cannot see that even if almost all sticking points were conceded to SISU that they wouldn't just turn around and cut their SUPPOSED losses at the earliest opportunity leaving the club up shit street and fucking off back to Mayfair to look for another sick business to meddle in. ACL have been ready to concede ground and revenue, amortize debts over a decade and offer F & B profits but SISU want it all and not for the benefit of CCFC, they want to appease a bunch of foreign investors with a bundle of cash and are prepared to destroy a 130 year old historical institution followed by generations of Coventrians at a whim, inspired by revenge mainly because they've been denied a significant slice of CV6 !
Well Fuck 'em !!

Emotional tripe. Does not dignify a response.

torchomatic

Absolutely spot on.

To be fair, ACL would have put us in admin today had Sisu not beat them to it. Plenty on here wanted us put in admin

Then last night a few posters on here wanted ACL to lock us out, and Sisu have moved us out.

covcity4life

Without the court case all this would never have happened. We are the only football club who has been kneecapped by the local council.

Exactly...acl forced this not wish

And they did it to end our playoff dream to stop sisu having a successfully season

sky blue john

Really ?
So sisu didn't plan for this when they stopped paying the rent ?
They moved rent side of the business over a year ago to break the rent agreement.
So its premeditated its unfortunate that ACL wanted the rent paid but it would have happened sooner or later !!!
Sisu are the ones to blame for admin and thats a fact !!!!

CJparker

Nobody should be blinded by loyalty to CCFC - the truth is that SISU's behaviour has been an absolute disgrace and has made so many fans ashamed to be associated with them and the club.

It amazes me that a few people on here passionately defend SISU - not just as a last resort or with reluctance, but seemingly with genuine loyalty.

Grendel above accuses the council of "kneecapping" the club - he and other clearly expect the council to roll over and just hand a free ground and revenues to a private club on a plate, it's bananas.

Regardless, now is not the time for recriminations. Nobody on this board is responsible for what is happening, and I am diverting all my energies in hoping for a sustainable SISU-free resolution. This whole mess is SISU's exclusive fault...however much bile gets thrown at Torchy, Mustard, Summerslie etc

Nonleagueherewecome

We know that the club would have lost 10 points for going into admin, meaning ...

... we would have been bottom of the table, facing very likely relegation after the release/sale of all high wage players. We didn't own the stadium then and we don't own it now.

So even in that hypothetical situation we wouldn't have been too much worse off.

But equally we could have been bought out of administration with greatly reduced historical debt and by a buyer who was capable of carrying out appropriately thorough due diligence. To claim that SISU saved us from certain extinction is ridiculous and totally unprovable.

Nonleagueherewecome

Well maybe it will prove to be worth it - maybe it won't? We all would just be better off sitting tight & waiting to see what happens rather than this pointless slanging match despite all wanting the same thing ultimately.

You hear that, Nick? Best shut the forum down until Tuesday.

Nonleagueherewecome

CAN YOU REALLY NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO SITUATIONS? :facepalm:

Spencer

But equally we could have been bought out of administration with greatly reduced historical debt and by a buyer who was capable of carrying out appropriately thorough due diligence. To claim that SISU saved us from certain extinction is ridiculous and totally unprovable.

Is there not just a little bit of hypocrisy over the suggested actions above and the criticisim you have made over the dealings of SISU?

Flying Fokker

This is stupid now.

Too much mud slinging. I couldn't give a monkeys what response is given to this post.

Will City be just as precious to us after this?

We are an example of how 2 groups can disagree and burn all bridges.

God knows what will happen but I doubt this will result in a strong, united fan base of the size we had a couple of weeks ago.

The fan base will decimate. Whether season ticket holders or match ticket fans. Beyond the tipping point for many now. (Regardless of outcome) .

The Penguin

This is stupid now.

Too much mud slinging. I couldn't give a monkeys what response is given to this post.

Will City be just as precious to us after this?

We are an example of how 2 groups can disagree and burn all bridges.

God knows what will happen but I doubt this will result in a strong, united fan base of the size we had a couple of weeks ago.

The fan base will decimate. Whether season ticket holders or match ticket fans. Beyond the tipping point for many now. (Regardless of outcome) .

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

The tiresome back-and-forth of people who appear to have taken sides (neither of which, it seems, is the football club) is purely destructive.

It's pathetic, really. All this over two groups of supposedly mature, clever business types who are both currently behaving like six year olds, fighting over the yellow bucket in the sandpit.

Were we as a fanbase united in our desire to see both sides get their shit together, I would feel more confident about our future.

But we're not.

Sadly, it is all too evident in the current goings on that we have the club that we, as a fanbase, probably deserve.

That pisses me off more than anything else.

Colonel Mustard

I would never deny a possibility, NLHWC.

But the post I addressed what was about to actually happen. You don't have to be pro-SISU, anti-SISU or neutral-SISU to accept that the club was literally minutes away from a self-imposed administration deadline - thus the inevitable deduction of 10 points.

The hypothetical knight in shining armour after that is exactly that - hypothetical. After Robinsons's undignified courting of Alki David and Fletcher walking away from the club with Manhattan and Elliott's call that SISU was "the only game in town", no CCFC supporter could or can be blamed for just being grateful that somebody was prepared to step in and pay the bills.

Last edited:

Colonel Mustard

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. The tiresome back-and-forth of people who appear to have taken sides (neither of which, it seems, is the football club) is purely destructive. It's pathetic, really. All this over two groups of supposedly mature, clever business types...

It is all very well taking an 'above-it-all' middle-man position, but the fact is that the fanbase is extremely confused over whose side to take. Even one of ACL's overseers, PWKH, initiated a thread entitled Confused.com due to his uncertainty over SISU's latest move in their chess match.

You might be "pissed off", but that means nada. Evaluate the facts - take an objective stand - make a case. Don't showboat.

The Penguin

It is all very well taking an 'above-it-all' middle-man position, but the fact is that the fanbase is extremely confused over whose side to take. Even one of ACL's overseers, PWKH, initiated a thread entitled Confused.com due to his uncertainty over SISU's latest move in their chess match.

I understand that very well. Of course the fanbase is confused. Does that mean we all need to turn on each other because some people favour one side's approach over another?

You might be "pissed off", but that means nada. Evaluate the facts - take an objective stand - make a case. Don't showboat.

I have tried very hard to evaluate the facts.

I was left with the view that both sides have made mistakes, both sides are being intransigent, and because the reasons for the intransigence are so horribly intertwined, there really is no other position to take at the moment but a middle-man position.

italiahorse

I dont like either, but i want SISU out and i want CCFC to have a decent working relationship with ACL

I want ACL out thats the real problem.

The club owners (who ever they might be) need to own the stadium.

Thanks ACL for being there when we needed you now let go.

mrtrench

Nothing here is black and white. All we have is the press to form any opinion, and the CET is hardly a centre of excellence for investigative journalism. It's not being very enlightened to make absolute decisions based upon so little information.

One possible read of the situation is that the council is refusing to sell to SISU out of some political bias. The council is strongly Labour. I for one can imagine some ignorant dinosaur like John Prescott absolutely refusing to sell to a Hedge Fund under any circumstances. This in turn make the club uneconomic, especially with the fair play initiative, and forces SISU's hand. I'm not saying this is the case, but it is an equally likely conclusion from the evidence we have.

GaryPendrysEyes

Well done Ashdown for giving it straight. Sisu are responsible for the well being of this club and its just been shambles after shambles, leading to this complete mess. No one can rationally argue otherwise.

They are finished at Cov.

SISU OUT NOW!!!!!!

coundonskyblue

Nothing here is black and white. All we have is the press to form any opinion, and the CET is hardly a centre of excellence for investigative journalism. It's not being very enlightened to make absolute decisions based upon so little information.

One possible read of the situation is that the council is refusing to sell to SISU out of some political bias. The council is strongly Labour. I for one can imagine some ignorant dinosaur like John Prescott absolutely refusing to sell to a Hedge Fund under any circumstances. This in turn make the club uneconomic, especially with the fair play initiative, and forces SISU's hand. I'm not saying this is the case, but it is an equally likely conclusion from the evidence we have.

Nothing to do with political bias, the Councils stance has cross party support.

Users who are viewing this thread