Signing - Jordan Maguire-Drew (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Anywhere across the front line
Some depth now with him and barrett. We were down to bare bones.

Baker to come hopfully and thrn just a cm perhaps. I wud prefer 1 more winger myself though as bayliss and stevson give us somw depth on the middle alongside doyle and Kelly

Alkhen

JLS1Z5L.png

Surely there's a better picture both clubs could have agreed on.
Ha my first though also! looks a right gorp

Hobo

I would have to take your word on that never heard of him, just looked st his record it’s not all that outstanding will probably score four against us now

More experienced, Lincoln may not be getting him for goals.

Hobo

Some depth now with him and barrett. We were down to bare bones.

Baker to come hopfully and thrn just a cm perhaps. I wud prefer 1 more winger myself though as bayliss and stevson give us somw depth on the middle alongside doyle and Kelly

When I said all across the front line it means the wing and in the hole behind striker

covcity4life

When I said all across the front line it means the wing and in the hole behind striker
Yes i know. Not sure what i wrote that made you think i misunderstood?

Bayliss stevenson doyle kellu for the 2 cm slots

Barett maguiredrew dke shipley beavon baker for the 3 behind striker role

Unless we stick with 442

AlansEyes

I've already seen comments suggesting he's a poor signing as if he was any good Lincoln would have kept him. Seriously, can't we just give players a chance?! So infuriating that some people (I'm referring to FB comments here rather than anything I've seen on here) are desperate for us to do something that gives them a chance to slag the owners off.

better days

I've already seen comments suggesting he's a poor signing as if he was any good Lincoln would have kept him. Seriously, can't we just give players a chance?! So infuriating that some people (I'm referring to FB comments here rather than anything I've seen on here) are desperate for us to do something that gives them a chance to slag the owners off.
Agreed
This kid has pace and will bring exactly what we've been missing since Jones got injured

Gazolba

How? By dribbling the ball past the keeper and standing on the goal line until biamou lumbers up and taps in?
He'd still miss somehow.

Great_Expectations

Are you surprised? The majority of our fans are clueless (~95% of this forum excluded). Probably the same ones who idolise Dale Evans and shout ‘forward’ for 90 minutes at games.

Adge

Lets reserve judgement till we see him play. Could well be just what we need or then again another pile of dung.

harvey098

Don’t know either new player but Barrett seems the more promising. I imagine JMD will be a squad / impact player

Otis

Fern Britton always slags people off and isn't even a City supporter, so I would just ignore all her stupid comments.

Londonccfcfan

It is concerning that he is a Lincoln reject. That does not fill me with confidence.

They are a far more direct team than ours. So maybe his style dIdnt suit lincoln.?

Regardless of why that loan thatdidnt work out for him, we wish him the best and reserve judgement till we see him.

Must be a better option that Devon, his scoring re ord seems decent so he knows where the goal is too.

But like many others im more excited by Josh Barret.

mark82

It is concerning that he is a Lincoln reject. That does not fill me with confidence.

They are a far more direct team than ours. So maybe his style dIdnt suit lincoln.?

Regardless of why that loan thatdidnt work out for him, we wish him the best and reserve judgement till we see him.

Must be a better option that Devon, his scoring re ord seems decent so he knows where the goal is too.

From comments I read from their manager earlier in the season it was more to do with his lack of defensive ability as his attacking prowess. Think their style just didn't suit him, ours hopefully will. Have to give him a chance as a number of factors can contribute to a player not doing as well as expected at a given club.

Esoterica

Right position, and Robins has form in getting the best out of players with potential, so quietly confident he’ll do well here. Of course my predictions have no correlation whatsoever with reality.

That’s the No Life League. It’s all about likes (Notable Members | Sky Blues Talk) or ideally likes per post ;)

Those are the true elite.

Average likes per post is definitely where it's at. Throw in most number of likes per single post, member who has given you the most likes, a live count of Otis' total post count at the top of each page and i'll be in stats heaven!!

mark82

The flip side is that we've signed many players who were successful at other clubs, been dross for us, then done well elsewhere. Someone like Cody McDonald comes to mind - playing a level above us now.

steve cooper

It means nothing. Just 2 examples.
Leon Clarke did nothing at Wolves in L1 although a proven goalscorer with us. Did nothing at Wigan on loan either, now top scorer in the championship. Gary Madine, rejected by us in L1, now knocking them in with Bolton also in the Championship.

Otis

Yeah, don't think we should pay any attention to what he did at Lincoln. Different teams, different systems.

David McGoldrick anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread