Significant Council announcement on Ricoh coming (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I would watch things like that if they just went from debate to scrap. Could you imagine some old councillor just jump down a few rows and knock another one out because he didn't care about the community centre?

The Ukrainians have it right:

[video=youtube;emKIIv2_cNI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emKIIv2_cNI[/video]

lordsummerisle

No. But stadiums are capital-exceptional projects, with repayment profiles over decades being the norm. Be the contract with a bank, private equity of via third party such as ACL or CCC, long term contracts need to be in place for places such as this. Nobody is going to build a stadium and cost it's repayment over 30 years, with a tenant that'll only commit to 3, are they?

Very true, which is why the constant house rental analogies are very stupid.

However, building the whole thing for a business which is broke and couldn't afford to build it itself in the first place would always be a risk.

lordsummerisle

When have the taxpayers or the charity ever seen any money from ACL? I thought all the profits were reinvested in the arena.

It's not been me going on about how the taxpayers and charity have been cheated!

However, any profits reinvested would have been at least 5 million less(possibly a loss) if renogiation of rent had occurred on initial take-over.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Very true, which is why the constant house rental analogies are very stupid.

However, building the whole thing for a business which is broke and couldn't afford to build it itself in the first place would always be a risk.

Wouldn't disagree with the latter bit, dear chap. As such, the benevolence of going ahead in the face of such a risk being met with the 'thanks' it did being profoundly ungrateful, wouldn't you say? :D

James Smith

I would watch things like that if they just went from debate to scrap. Could you imagine some old councillor just jump down a few rows and knock another one out because he didn't care about the community centre?

The Ukrainians have it right:

[video=youtube;emKIIv2_cNI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emKIIv2_cNI[/video]

WorldWideCouncilFighting the WWCF - we could be on to something there.

skybluepm2

Ian Neale looking to hand over the reigns @ Nuneaton for someone willing to provide substantial investment on the same day the Council are due to announce plans on the future of the Stadium...New tenants perhaps? Maybe the Hoff and Haskell have one more trick up their sleeves :D Nuneaton Sky Blues..(firmly tongue in cheek by the way!)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's not been me going on about how the taxpayers and charity have been cheated!

However, any profits reinvested would have been at least 5 million less(possibly a loss) if renogiation of rent had occurred on initial take-over.

I've always suggested a half-way house would have been the better solution to the latter point, instead of the rather binary 'high-low' debate. Namely, a reducing rent, say from the c.£1.2m level, down to £300K or so in line with ACL diversifying it's portfolio to be less reliant on the football club. That, over a 4 to 5 year term from takeover. ACL have pretty much achieved that, and the football club would be paying a low rental level by now.

Of course, depends if you believe our current owners would have done a rental deal at any level. If you don't, and I subscribe to that channel of thought, then the whole rental debate is irrelevant

ccfcway

its like an episode of 24, you have to sit through loads of crap and they finally do something right at the end

lordsummerisle

Ian Neale looking to hand over the reigns @ Nuneaton for someone willing to provide substantial investment on the same day the Council are due to announce plans on the future of the Stadium...New tenants perhaps? Maybe the Hoff and Haskell have one more trick up their sleeves :D Nuneaton Sky Blues..(firmly tongue in cheek by the way!)

Dongle has just shot all over his PC Monitor.

He has a left-handed mouse.

RPHunt

I don't think it will be long now. There is a warm up act doing a very good impersonation of Mark Labovitch, so I guess the Ricoh announcement is next.

James Smith

Wasn't aware they had been cheated.

Might have been the kick up the backside ACL needed.

tisza

Wasn't 3+million reinvested in upgrading the exhibition facilities last year or year before?

Houdi

Just been on CWR it's just a statement from Ann Lucas, that we (the Council) must move on, hardly worth the build up

SkyBlueHomer

I don't know what's worse, listening to this rubbish or 16 pages talking about an announcement that hasn't actually been announced yet.

Specs WT-R75

Just been on CWR it's just a statement from Ann Lucas, that we (the Council) must move on, hardly worth the build up

which is exactly what they said last year... so do it then - or perhaps they cant as there isn't any other tenants that are of any real use to them...

ccfcway

CCC are moving on (but not moved on)
SISU are moving on (but arent talking to anyone and havent got a site)
SISU are in court with CCC as they havent moved on
CCC are open to talks with SISU as they havent move on
CCC cant wait forever without moving on
SISU have moved on and have a "independent forum" - please reply to [email protected]
Leon Clarke wants to move on
Manset has moved out
Pressley wants to move the club forward

The only thing that isnt actually moving is my brick !

chiefdave

which is exactly what they said last year... so do it then - or perhaps they cant as there isn't any other tenants that are of any real use to them...

Last year they said we'll have to move on after Xmas, I guess this will just be confirming the fact. Not that it wasn't obvious given that over the past few weeks they've started to book events for weekends during the season that would impact on the ability to host a football match.

fernandopartridge

Told you somebody had basically said what the council were going to, it was the bloke with 65 in his name.

I didn't disclose what was in the statement as it was under embargo until Ann Lucas herself read it.

Specs WT-R75

CCC are movig on (but not moved on)
SISU are moving on (but arent talking to anyone and havent got a site)
SISU are in court with CCC as they havent moved on
CCC are open to talks with SISU as they havent move on
CCC cant wait forever without moving on
SISU have moved on and have a "independent forum" - please reply to [email protected]
Leon Clarke wants to move on
Pressley wants to move the club forward

No really... this time we are really moving on... lol

torchomatic

Must say Ann looks pretty in pink. She can't be on more than 60 a day with that complexion.

Specs WT-R75

For the love of god... save the tree. I don't know which tree it is, but I had a message about it.

"We have started a tree group"... my god it is like waiting for paint to dry.

Users who are viewing this thread