Significant Council announcement on Ricoh coming (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

valiant15

That'll come in handy. Next stop Carboot Parkway.

Seriously, fucking grow up.

It eats you up inside that the council hasn't caved in doesn't it?

You're team doesn't play at the Ricoh,you're not from Coventry so what's it to you what happens to the arena?

Why don't you do ssomething constructive like asking fisher about how to improve the atmosphere at the cowshed?

lordsummerisle

You're team doesn't play at the Ricoh,you're not from Coventry so what's it to you what happens to the arena?

Why don't you do ssomething constructive like asking fisher about how to improve the atmosphere at the cowshed?[/QUOTE
I predicted that reaction!

Seyeclops666

Why don't you do ssomething constructive like asking fisher about how to improve the atmosphere at the cowshed?

I wish there was a way to "like" a post very many times!!!

torchomatic

No, it doesn't "eat me up".

covmark

you're first line is slightly ironic, the rest is just bullshit.

valiant15

you're first line is slightly ironic, the rest is just bullshit.
What part is bullshit?

Torchys team doesn't play at the Ricoh and he's not from Coventry, doesnt livehhere and has never paid rates over here.

Where's the bullshit?

Last edited:

torchomatic

Mmm..."ground lease proposals".

mark82

Why should we give a shit if they build a train station next to a stadium we don't use and may never use again?

I, for one, wish the council would cave so we could move back to Coventry. By that comment I presume you would obviously prefer us not to return.

valiant15

Why should we give a shit if they build a train station next to a stadium we don't use and may never use again?

I, for one, wish the council would cave so we could move back to Coventry. By that comment I presume you would obviously prefer us not to return.

Why should they cave in? Why should sisu get the freehold of the ground?

They were offered a peanuts rent deal with access to the income streams weren't they?

Why don't you put pressure on sisu to accept that offer?

Yes i want the club home what a stupid thing to say.

GaryPendrysEyes

err Coventrians care what happens in Coventry, especially a key asset like the Ricoh, we also dont want the Council to give a scummy hedgefund essentially a handout of millions of Coventry tax payers money as reward for holding the club to ransom in a Northants shed.
.....oh well it didnt move on...

mark82

They were offered a peanuts rent deal with access to the income streams weren't they?

I don't give a shit as long as ccfc play in Coventry. So, yes, I would love ccfc to accept that offer.

valiant15

err Coventrians care what happens in Coventry, especially a key asset like the Ricoh, we also dont want the Council to give a scummy hedgefund essentially a handout of millions of Coventry tax payers money as reward for holding the club to ransom in a Northants shed.
.....oh well its didnt move on...

You're wasting your breath, they simply don't understand.

covcity4life

maybe you will find more understandable types on a council forum?

this one is for fans of the football club

easy mistake to make.

M&B Stand

Didn't the ferret pull your argument to pieces and get you to admit you want the club, as exists under sisu, to die?
It's a Phoenix club with an owner you want isn't it? That and a cracking deal for ACL.

GaryPendrysEyes

easy mistake to make.

Maybe one day you will understand it's COVENTRY football club and COVENTRY fans- and the owners have us playing in Northants so they can screw COVENTRY council on the price of a key COVENTRY asset.

Nick

Administrator
What I wonder is how many people would be fussed about it being a Coventry Asset and the council if we had other owners?

Will the announcement be made before 5?

shmmeee

easy mistake to make.

We all want what's best for the club. Those who want to stay at the Ricoh have continuously made their case for how it benefits the club.

IMO it's time for those that want us elsewhere to make their case. Beyond "I hate the council because I read the Daily Mail".

Valiant is jumped on continuously but at least his bile comes from a passion for the club that everyone on here shares.

skyblueinBaku

All arguing aside... Has anyone been listening to the webcast? Cant look at work, and was wondering what it was all about!

I've been looking at it from time to time, LSB. I don't think anything significant has happened yet.

mark82

Maybe one day you will understand it's COVENTRY football club and COVENTRY fans- and the owners have us playing in Northants so they can screw COVENTRY council on the price of a key COVENTRY asset.

Council/ACL aren't exactly blame free in the whole situation, yet people seem to love them. We would likely still be at the Ricoh now if they hadn't tried to replace the owners. Would still be a major dispute ongoing but I bet we would still be there.

GaryPendrysEyes

What I wonder is how many people would be fussed about it being a Coventry Asset and the council if we had other owners?

What I wonder is why people openly want Coventry to 'cave in' to a hedgefund holding our club to ransom in Northants.

DaleM

Council/ACL aren't exactly blame free in the whole situation, yet people seem to love them. We would likely still be at the Ricoh now if they hadn't tried to replace the owners. Would still be a major dispute ongoing but I bet we would still be there.

I personally don't give a rats ass about CCC/ACL it's trying to screw a CHARITY out of millions that gets my back up .

shmmeee

See this is where IMO you show a real lack of understanding of what a lot of people who disagree with you think.

Many hate the owners because of their actions. Not the other way around. A thread on here the other day asked if we'd be happy in Sixfields with another owner who wanted to stay there. Well duh, no. Any owner who took the same actions as Sisu will get the same reaction.

I had no real issue with Sisu for a long time, check my post history. Even during the rent talks I used to argue with my dad that it's just negotiation tactics and that they're in it for the best of the club.

What changed the tide was the move out of Coventry. For me and many others that became the point where Sisus actions could no longer be legitimately claimed to be in the clubs long term interest.

All anyone has ever asked is for a reasonable case for the move to be put forward. It's never happened.

People don't hate what Sisu do because they're Sisu. They hate it because they don't see how it benefits a club they love.

And the complete silence when the question is asked here and elsewhere suggests they're not the only ones who can't see the benefits.

mark82

We all want what's best for the club. Those who want to stay at the Ricoh have continuously made their case for how it benefits the club.

IMO it's time for those that want us elsewhere to make their case. Beyond "I hate the council because I read the Daily Mail".

Valiant is jumped on continuously but at least his bile comes from a passion for the club that everyone on here shares.

There aren't many on here who wouldn't want us back at the Ricoh, although I think some only want it if it benefits the council. That I find odd.

skybluejelly

I am going to kill whoever posted the live link ... this must be the most boring council meeting in history... a petition to stop dogs fouling

Users who are viewing this thread