Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
Not anymore he doesn't. He used to, but has now come out of prison clean shaven.

Am guessing so as not to be confused with Peter Sutcliffe.

Ah it could be!

Evo1883

Allegedly! (That she consented) Wasn't it judged she was in no fit state to be able to consent to him hence it was judged to be non consensual?
Some of the evidence is bizarre, such as couldnt walk she was that drunk , yet walks in turns around walks out picks a pizza box up without any wobble etc

Nick

Administrator
Some of the evidence is bizarre, such as couldnt walk she was that drunk , yet walks in turns around walks out picks a pizza box up without any wobble etc

Don't know the timings though, she could have done 10 shots in between that couldn't she? If she didn't, it is very bizarre which is what I mean.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If a girl gets goes willingly to a hotel room with you during a night of frivolity then that girl is not an innocent bystander and knew that sex was most likely going to be an outcome. So why go?
I'm not protecting Ched Evans but the system has punished him and everyone has a right to move on. His profession is a footballer and going back to that profession seems the best way he can move on.

That's not what happened though with Evans, the situation you described is why McDonald was not found guilty, because the girl agreed to go back to the hotel it was enough doubt to find him not guilty.

covcity4life

From reading up on this case I'm not 100% sure he's an actual rapist. Just a twat.

If he scores big goals for Cov I prob wudnt protest his signing just like I didn't Marlon kings.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's called the rehabilitation of offenders act 1974. He is entitled to seek employment in his chosen profession upon release providing it isn't exempt. That he will do, and somebody will choose to employ him. Probably Sheff. United, and we can all boo him merrily as he bangs in a couple against us.

Can understand people not wanting him here - but spare us the moral indignation. It also surprises me how much blind faith some people have in the criminal justice system. If only life were that black and white.

He'd never work again in several other professions, he has the right to seek employment doesn't mean he deserves it.

If a football club wants to sign him, Evans would be crazy to not accept, he has a right to earn a wage and no one can blame him for accepting. I blame the club and those making the decisions. Money has ruined the game

stupot07

He'd never work again in several other professions, he has the right to seek employment doesn't mean he deserves it.

If a football club wants to sign him, Evans would be crazy to not accept, he has a right to earn a wage and no one can blame him for accepting. I blame the club and those making the decisions. Money has ruined the game

You're right - nurse, doctor, youth worker, health visitor, social worker, teacher, care home worker, police, probation service, prison officer,etc in fact any professional that involves working with children and vulnerable adults or involves access to sensitive information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Evo1883

The female in question had made several other allegations against sportsmen before .
do victims of such horrible crimes willingly get back into bed with strangers so easily

Rusty Trombone

the Ripper preyed on Yorkshire women, Ched Evans Preys upon league one defender's mistakes

I would agree the after someone has served their time they should try and get back to their life, even though he may consider himself unlucky to be found guilty in law, he certainly should carry some moral guilt. If he was reading your posts on this thread where you flippantly acknowledge that his predatory skills will help in front of goal, I think he would be horrified. Your posts are quite creepy really.

dongonzalos

From reading up on this case I'm not 100% sure he's an actual rapist. Just a twat.

If he scores big goals for Cov I prob wudnt protest his signing just like I didn't Marlon kings.

Marlon King had 18 convictions
Including two for beating women he didn't know in the street.

If that doesn't get your back up not much will

skybluebeduff

I've read his case too and I agree, he's just a twat doing the wrong thing with the wrong women.

I would agree the after someone has served their time they should try and get back to their life, even though he may consider himself unlucky to be found guilty in law, he certainly should carry some moral guilt. If he was reading your posts on this thread where you flippantly acknowledge that his predatory skills will help in front of goal, I think he would be horrified. Your posts are quite creepy really.
I think he would be thankful that I have faith in his ability in front to goal at this level

torchomatic

Nah, we shouldn't sign him.

I felt the same over Luke McCormick. I don't believe he should have been allowed to play again, but he does. I remember there being a few arguments over him too.

bcfc1

There will be no club signing Ched, no club will offer him a contract, except NLBR or other semi pro clubs.

Signing a rapist fresh out of the clink would complete suicide to a professional club, no one will touch him with a barge pole.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

There will be no club signing Ched, no club will offer him a contract, except NLBR or other semi pro clubs.

Signing a rapist fresh out of the clink would complete suicide to a professional club, no one will touch him with a barge pole.

The reports suggest sheff utd are offering him a contract and only they are?
I can't see anything about it getting withdrawn

SkyBlue_Bear83

Some of the facts on the Ched Evans site also describes her as

Urinating in doorways
Slurring her words
Unsteady on her feet walking and crossing the road
Fell over and twisted ankle in the street
Lost her handbag and had no idea where she had left it

She then woke up next day with no memory of what had happened.

Those don't paint the image of someone who was in fit state to consent

Sick Boy

I know a lot of people like to have total faith in the courts but there's two key bits of information from the court case that haven't been well published by the media

1) Both Evans and Donaldson were tried as separate individuals. BUT both were tried on the identical evidence and allegations. One was found guilty the other was found innocent- a very very odd outcome.

2) the only evidence as such, used against Evans and Donaldson was their admittance to sleeping with the woman. The woman had not made explicit allegations of rape to the police but that her drinks had been spiked and she had woke up in a hotel room. If Donaldson and Evans had made no comment or denied anything happened, neither would have been charged. It then became a case of proving and arguing the determination of when someone is classed as too drunk.

Make your own conclusions but that's the facts.

So, you are a rapist apologist.

dongonzalos

The club statement read: "An article in the Sun today (Saturday 18th October) that Sheffield United has offered a contract to former player Ched Evans is false and damaging to the club. We have made a statement on this matter previously and the lack of credibility and substance from this latest media report does not warrant any expansion from previous comments apart from noting that we are continuing to deliberate on any long term decision about Ched Evans."

covcity4life

Nah, we shouldn't sign him.

I felt the same over Luke McCormick. I don't believe he should have been allowed to play again, but he does. I remember there being a few arguments over him too.

Killing people is a lot different

Would never want a killer at Cov
Wouldn't want Marlon back now either I shud add. Dangerous or drink driving is a no no.

Evo1883

Some of the facts on the Ched Evans site also describes her as

Urinating in doorways
Slurring her words
Unsteady on her feet walking and crossing the road
Fell over and twisted ankle in the street
Lost her handbag and had no idea where she had left it

She then woke up next day with no memory of what had happened.

Those don't paint the image of someone who was in fit state to consent
All due respect , probably the same state the majority of clubbers that have 1 night stands are in , minus the pissing in a doorway

dongonzalos

Killing people is a lot different

Would never want a killer at Cov
Wouldn't want Marlon back now either I shud add. Dangerous or drink driving is a no no.

Breaking women's noses because you tried to pull them and they said no?
I take it that wasn't a no no
Chasing two women you don't know down the street trying to hit them with a belt?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Why do you keep comparing Ched evans to the Yorkshire ripper? They're nothing alike.

Merely using an example of historical crime. I'm not saying that the rapist Evans is the same as Peter Sutcliffe, but stating an answer that I felt justified my feelings. I suppose I could have just as easily have used the Kray twins as an example or Jimmy Saville. What I am trying to put over (in my opinion) is that if you are guilty of a crime such as rape, don't expect to carry on as normal when you're released.

Mr T - Sukka!

No matter what walk of life it is stay well away from the following: Murderers, Rapists, Paedos.

I see nothing to change my mind here. Move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread