Shop staff to be made redundant (1 Viewer)

coop

There making some of the staff that work in the CCFC shop at the Ricoh redundant and also closing down the one in the town.I don't think we will sign any players as SISU haven't got a pot to piss in.

rob9872

If they lose the shop in town that will surely affect the gates? I don't live in Cov, but it seems a very short-sighted move not to have an outlet there.

classicfooty

they need to open more shops seems as merchandise sales and tickets is there only revenue, maybe they do actually hate coventry city fc and have been sent by the villa to completely kill us off...............now theres a conspiracy for you:thinking about:

thorninmyside

this is good news. i cant stand the idiots that work in these places, thick as two short planks most of them and rude with it. no loss. apart from my taxes to pay their dole money

Marty

Open more shops, are you mad?

I'm sure every time I walk past the club shop in town the lights are off, come to think of it, the lights at the Ricoh store are never on, unless it's a match day.

TheRoyalScam

this is good news. i cant stand the idiots that work in these places, thick as two short planks most of them and rude with it. no loss. apart from my taxes to pay their dole money

So you're happy that people are being threatened with losing their jobs? How on earth is this 'good news'?

The Reverend Skyblue

Your a complete moron and you should be ashamed of yourself, and i totally blame your mother and father for bringing up such a heartless and selfish twat like you

The Rev

Last edited:

Astute

Let me guess. They turned you down for a job as you're not clever enough?

InterSkyBlues

Is TIMS a WUM? Every post is massively negative....... Set to rub people up and very very controversial. Just a thought.

mark82

Is TIMS a WUM? Every post is massively negative....... Set to rub people up and very very controversial. Just a thought.

Just a complete and utter twat. Every club has them I suppose. The kind of fan you wish would just piss off and support Man Utd.

Covstu

just shocking! you should not wish that on anyone! tosser!

Grendel

just shocking! you should not wish that on anyone! tosser!

I bet when he next buys his hot dog he will keep his identity secret,

Sisu_Cockroaches

The club shop staff have no clue. When do they ever approach you and try to sell you something, never!

No wonder the club does not make money the staff are going through the motions and there are too many of them in there anyway.

All they need in there is a couple of fit young ones in tight cov tops. Job done clear out the dead wood over 40's there just not appealing.

CCFC123

The club shop staff have no clue. When do they ever approach you and try to sell you something, never!

No wonder the club does not make money the staff are going through the motions and there are too many of them in there anyway.

All they need in there is a couple of fit young ones in tight cov tops. Job done clear out the dead wood over 40's there just not appealing.

Listen 'Pal' and listen well. I've been redundant twice in the last 5 years. You wouldn't wish it on ANYONE. No redundancy money, 5 people to fend for and having interviews with the moron intervewing you that hasen't a fuckin clue and your sweating he or she will give you a job to put you out your torrid misery. Every night tossing and turning wondering how your going to make it through the week and at your wits end.

You haven't a clue and if you do shame on you. I wouldn't wish that on anyone what I went through.

sylus

i wouldn't wish redundancy on anyone,times are very tough,but don't they say we are all just a pay packet from being on the street.

Sisu_Cockroaches

I was made redundant 3 years ago 'Pal', its just how the world works now. There are loads of jobs out there on the wage they will be getting. Big deal we need new club staff its dog eat dog out there. the people want fit shop staff.

Last edited:

sylus

luckily i have been in work most of my life,and have never been made redundant,thank god! but your right it is a dog eat dog world now.i don't give a shit who serves me at the club shop,young or old,we all need to work regardless of age

CCFC123

I was made redundant 3 years ago 'Pal', its just how the world works now. There are loads of jobs out there on the wage they will be getting. Big deal we need new club staff its dog eat dog out there. the people want fit shop staff.

Well I give up and stand corrected. How easy it is then in 2012 to get a new job just like that. You know, the ones i'm on about like in the 50's when you walked out one job and walked into another- you know dont you?

YOU- i'm afraid dont live in the real world.

Sisu_Cockroaches

Well I give up and stand corrected. How easy it is then in 2012 to get a new job just like that. You know, the ones i'm on about like in the 50's when you walked out one job and walked into another- you know dont you?

YOU- i'm afraid dont live in the real world.

Your post is funny.

You say i dont live in the real world but you are still living in the 50's. In the real world we cant expect to walk in to a job we have to do everything in our power to get a job. We are all made of the same flesh and blood and its up to us to make it. There are jobs there people dont want to do them though but thats a different argument altogether.

I can guarantee you i could pick up the phone tomorrow and have a job by the end of the day.

CCFC123

Your post is funny.

You say i dont live in the real world but you are still living in the 50's. In the real world we cant expect to walk in to a job we have to do everything in our power to get a job. We are all made of the same flesh and blood and its up to us to make it. There are jobs there people dont want to do them though but thats a different argument altogether.

I can guarantee you i could pick up the phone tomorrow and have a job by the end of the day.

Funny? Really? Your attitude that everyone can get another job next day needs to be communicated to the United Kingdom.

Sisu_Cockroaches

Funny? Really? Your attitude that everyone can get another job next day needs to be communicated to the United Kingdom.

Your exactly right it does need to be communicated to the UK, there is a job there but it might not necessarily be the one you want but they are there. And if you cant find one contribute and volunteer instead of sitting on your arse all day watching Jeremy Kyle chain smoking Lambert and Butler!

CCFC123

Your exactly right it does need to be communicated to the UK, there is a job there but it might not necessarily be the one you want but they are there. And if you cant find one contribute and volunteer instead of sitting on your arse all day watching Jeremy Kyle chain smoking Lambert and Butler!

Think you watch too much tv and have copied that statement from a conservative M.P.

I was right you aren't in touch with the real world. You cant get a job just like that it's a myth.

Sisu_Cockroaches

Think you watch too much tv and have copied that statement from a conservative M.P.

I was right you aren't in touch with the real world. You cant get a job just like that it's a myth.

I am in the real world. I have had the shittest jobs imaginable in the past and would be fully prepared to do it gain in the future if i needed to.

theprince

There are no jobs, if there are where ? The same pattern follows the conservatives whenever they are in power. cut backs, redundances, rising dole queues, misery for the masses. It will improve a little in a year or so as there will be an election on the horizon and if they win that and can ditch the Lib/Dems you will then see the real Eton boys at work, thirsting for revenge after 11 years of Labour

Astute

Your post is funny.

Such a quote that says everyone is the same.

Things have changed vastly in the last few years. Yes there are jobs out there. The only problem is there are a lot more people looking for work than vacancies. It is mainly low paid work and low paid part time work. You can't choose where you work anymore. So you end up with a low paid job and you have to travel. Move house to save money? If you own your own house you will not sell that easily as who can afford it these days? Or if you can afford it can you get a mortgage?

You say you would get a job the same day. I think I would get a job within a week. I would expect to only get 1/3 of what I get now at the most. I would have to work my way up again. I have a trade that is needed. I have experience. I am the wrong side of 40 now though. I have always worked. I have done some crap jobs in the past. I have been with the same company for nearly 20 years now. It don't mean I haven't a clue what it is like. I have friends that live all over the country. I know a fair few that have lost their jobs. Some have struggled to get another job. It will get worse. Look at what is happening outside your "world".

I am OK. If I lose my job I would get a payoff of about 74k. It don't mean I would be happy joining the rat race again. I am still concerned for others. These people you treat as a number are much more. They are real people. They have real families. Real kids that need feeding. I have seen what happens to others. Have a heart and think before opening your gob.

johnwillomagic

I cannot say I am entirely surprised given the club's circumstances.....we probably can survive with one club shop and sales on line in league 1.

People saying I am never going to another game while sisu are in charge, I am not going to another match, not buying any club merchandise etc.....should also not be blinkered enough to blame sisu entirely and realise their actions are one of the main reasons that these redundancies are necessary,

I am sure due to increased rent, rates and decreased footfall/trade this decision had to be made and probably makes sense financially. I hope peope affectred bounce back as soon as is possible and get new jobs.

I also hope boycotters realise that now is time to get behind the club otherwise more club financial issues and redundancies will just be a fact of life going forward! :(

J

Jack Griffin

What an appalling attitude you have.

J

Jack Griffin

Ageist twat.

Users who are viewing this thread