Shipley (1 Viewer)

Offhegoes

Doesn't matter where he plays, he's a hider. He has cov fans belting out his song all game and he pays them back by hiding and then walking off when he gets subbed applauding them. I was a huge Shipley fan in l2 and l1 but I've turned, I hate it but I have. He took two corners and both were low and didn't beat the first man, he touched the ball about 5 times in open play, from a position of midfield in a ball retaining side like ours, that is diabolical

Agreed. Thought he was great in Leagues 1 & 2, great left foot, spectacular goals etc. if he’s kept on, it can only be as back up Left Wing Back. Maatsen won’t be here next season and presume Bidwell will be first choice. I’m sure he would prefer to drop to League 1 and play as a midfielder.

robbiethemole

I missed the line-up at the start and only realised he was playing when Hendrie mentioned him, and I thought he was coming on. Sadly his race is run and probably will be gone at the end of the season

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Disgrace he’s not fit to wear the shirt

You can think he's poor, but that's plain nasty. I've criticised performances, but disgrace and not fit to wear the shirt? Did you say that when he scored in the 5-4 at Sunderland, or at Wembley? He's struggled at this level, no doubt. MR will have noticed, without the need for a tarring and feathering.

cc84cov

You can think he's poor, but that's plain nasty. I've criticised performances, but disgrace and not fit to wear the shirt? Did you say that when he scored in the 5-4 at Sunderland, or at Wembley? He's struggled at this level, no doubt. MR will have noticed, without the need for a tarring and feathering.
Nah I stand by it 100% I pay money to watch to the club to watch and to see a player lacking heart who cannot be arsed to do hard yards not making effort for the club,he’s nit fit to wear the shirt I can take him struggling but to not be arsed to do the hard yards nah he can get fucked...I’m baffled as to why the fuck robins keeps picking him also he needs to ask himself that too it’s not good enough,give your all or fuck off

jordan210

MR has to take some of the blame for the fans feeling to Shipley. He is the one that keeps playing him when he is clearly out of his depth.

Like others have said I dont mind him playing if he put effort in. But he idoesn't put the effort in to make up for ability

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Big player in L2, played a pretty decent part in L1, but looks like a competition winner at this level. No doubt at all that he’ll win goal of the season, but I think it’s best for all parties if he was moved on.

I would like to see Waghorn gone too.
Maatsen vs Fulham should win GOTS imo. Basically like shippers but from a different angle and much more significant

cc84cov

MR has to take some of the blame for the fans feeling to Shipley. He is the one that keeps playing him when he is clearly out of his depth.

Like others have said I dont mind him playing if he put effort in. But he idoesn't put the effort in to make up for ability
Robins keeps picking the lad he certainly takes blame picking a player who clearly can’t be arsed

Kilclines curly mullet

Ability wise it’s no surprise that Shipley has played one decent game this season - against a league 1 club in waiting, Peterborough. That’s his level at best.

I can accept players not being good enough, I can’t accept a perceived lack of effort and will to put a decent shift in. Shipley has never had the best engine and for a professional footballer that’s not acceptable.

Whether something has happened behind the scenes is irrelevant - if I didn’t get my way at work and I down my tools I’d quickly be told where to go. Of course very few people know if this is the case or not

One thing I do know is that the more we sing his song, the more he may believe that he is actually good - it’s actually quite embarrassing

stevefloyd

Disgrace he’s not fit to wear the shirt

giphy.gif

cc84cov

Never mind robins what do the players think of that today ?

Callum O’Hare had never hid even when he’s not gone his way I’ll give him that The kid plays for the badge to look at Shipley not giving a shit ? Them players should be going mental at him

@rob9872 you can defend him all you want but you just look like your related to him tbh no Cov fan can accept or defend a player who clearly doesn’t make effort

jimmyhillsfanclub

This thread is just another in a long line of reasons why we should have one official thread per player per season.

rob9872

Never mind robins what do the players think of that today ?

Callum O’Hare had never hid even when he’s not gone his way I’ll give him that The kid plays for the badge to look at Shipley not giving a shit ? Them players should be going mental at him

@rob9872 you can defend him all you want but you just look like your related to him tbh no Cov fan can accept or defend a player who clearly doesn’t make effort
I've not defended his performance but I will defend his right to pull on the shirt versus cunts like you who have zero interest in the team and consistently slag off our boys. I really do wish you'd simply fk off into oblivion. One thing that is a disgrace is you to the name of genuine Coventry City fans.

cc84cov

I've not defended his performance but I will defend his right to pull on the shirt versus cunts like you who have zero interest in the team and consistently slag off our boys. I really do wish you'd simply fk off into oblivion. One thing that is a disgrace is you to the name of genuine Coventry City fans.
Are you seriously gonna defend Shipley after today ?

I’m getting you wound up are you his dad ? 🤣 your an absolute mug no fan wants a player who don’t give a shit you muppet

rob9872

You @me because you wanted a reply. Boring me now, go and have a wank it will do you good.

cc84cov

You @me because you wanted a reply. Boring me now, go and have a wank it will do you good.
Your a grown man stop putting poo Emoji’s you wet wipe

😝 i @ you because you think it’s ok to act like Jordan Shipley so I’ve decided we won’t be needing you anymore either

now piss off c**t

rob9872

Oh no, boring guy with no friends or family on the Internet says he's doesn't need me any more, can life get any lower?

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't think Shipley is a Championship calibre player, but he's played a decent rotational role at times and has cropped up with some good goals for us.

Obviously COH is a better player, its a no contest, but considering the stick Shipley gets, you wouldn't have thought he'd have had more goals than one of our star players last season and this season (before Sheff U).

It's clear Robins only starts him when needed because we're short somewhere or players need a rest. Until we can replace with someone better, he's worth keeping around for his good moments.

cc84cov

I don't think Shipley is a Championship calibre player, but he's played a decent rotational role at times and has cropped up with some good goals for us.

Obviously COH is a better player, its a no contest, but considering the stick Shipley gets, you wouldn't have thought he'd have had more goals than one of our star players last season and this season (before Sheff U).

It's clear Robins only starts him when needed because we're short somewhere or players need a rest. Until we can replace with someone better, he's worth keeping around for his good moments.
Worth keeping around for his good moments ?

wtf are you talking about

clint van damme

Fuck me

rexo87

I honestly don't think it's a lack of effort. I think he has absolutely no confidence which is mostly to do with his lack of ability at this level and it looks to me like he knows that. He can't get the ball away quick enough when it comes to him and deliberately gets himself in situations where he can't affect the game. I actually feel sorry for him and don't blame him at all. I blame Robins for playing him at this level

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

I neither saw or listened to the game today, but I was done with Shipley after his cameo away at Bristol City, lack of effort and looked totally disinterested. Sounds like today was a similar story.
His first touch in that game was a great intro…came on, bounced about a bit, hoofed the ball 30 yards in the air.
He’s a LWB or nothing at all…and I think he’s only played there twice?

clint van damme

Probably the most shameful thread I’ve seen about a player in all honesty

Some of the rhetoric is a bit strong but clearly something has gone on that he's not happy about and it's showing in his displays, (just to reiterate, I didn't see the game yesterday so more a general comment)

Sky Blue Harry H

Fuck me - this is from the twat who is never happier when he's slagging off our own players/manager.

This thread must be really bad.

Don't twist this into a Danny v G thread, I'm sure there are plenty of others still running that you can go onto. In fact you two remind me of those Tom and Jerry cartoons from years ago, or the occasional bit bit of Itchy and Scratchy, when it gets a bit 'nasty'.

DannyThomas_1981

Your a grown man stop putting poo Emoji’s you wet wipe

😝 i @ you because you think it’s ok to act like Jordan Shipley so I’ve decided we won’t be needing you anymore either

now piss off c**t
Ok I take it back Grendel and agree with you for about the second time in 10 years - this thread represents a new low!

DannyThomas_1981

Don't twist this into a Danny v G thread, I'm sure there are plenty of others still running that you can go onto. In fact you two remind me of those Tom and Jerry cartoons from years ago, or the occasional bit bit of Itchy and Scratchy, when it gets a bit 'nasty'.
Truthfully I hardly ever post these days SBH - and on this one I actually agree with Grendel!

Users who are viewing this thread