Shipley (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Totally agree Evo.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Surely if someone deserves criticism they shouldn't complain when they get it. Too many people on here are so sensitive and want to falsely heap praise on players instead of accepting whats actually happening
As you're on first name terms, please tell Mark to stop picking him. He's not up to this level and its becoming clear to see.
Garryb80 I have not seen Shipley anywhere complain about criticism.I think the abuse on here towards his family needs to stop.I said Mr Robins is the 1 that picks him.

Torquay Sky Blue.I'm not on first terms with Mr Robins if so there would be plenty of questions i'd ask,1 for sure would be why have you not taken him out of the firing line

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This has already been covered several times, and you know it.

Robins said in his interview afterwards that we couldn't afford to carry people and grunted his way through the question of why he was carried off.

I get that people feel sentimental about the guy, but whilst there are some people that abuse him every 5 seconds, you also have a handful of posters looking to deflect or make bigger issue about him being called out.

He has been absolutely atrocious and should not be anywhere near the team. It is a real concern that the manager keeps picking him, and it questions his integrity.

Frostie

This has already been covered several times, and you know it.

Robins said in his interview afterwards that we couldn't afford to carry people and grunted his way through the question of why he was carried off.

I get that people feel sentimental about the guy, but whilst there are some people that abuse him every 5 seconds, you also have a handful of posters looking to deflect or make bigger issue about him being called out.

He has been absolutely atrocious and should not be anywhere near the team. It is a real concern that the manager keeps picking him, and it questions his integrity.

He clearly got injured & was limping around so Robins took him off. His comments were admitting he wasn't sure if he was able to continue or not so took him off as we couldn't afford more injuries, not sure how you can read the statement any other way tbh?

Mark Robins:
“He got clattered on his knee, I think, and he was sort of feeling his knee but you can’t carry anyone, and really I made that decision on the back of him holding his leg. And with everything else that’s going on around the place, with people feeling things and a lot of fatigue going on, and people getting injuries and the worry around suspensions, we have to be very careful.”

On the question of whether he's good enough, on current evidence the answer is clearly no & I have no problem with questioning his performances.

Inventing that he was faking an injury & hauled off by the manager who's angry with him is kind of debunked though by the fact that as soon as he came off he was in conversation with the club doctor & Robins has chosen to select him regularly since.

Sky Blue Harry H

I agree that he has played poorly, but he did play well in the last league game before Reading, at Millwall, so based on that you can see why MR picked him. You would be right though to think he may not pick him for the next game though. As manager, he and Adi Viveash will make their decisions on what they feel is best for the team, regardless of what we think (can't believe they'll allow SBT to txt a team to them in advance - although would be fun in deciding who to blame if we lost a game due to Dabo's performance in Centre midfield!)

rob9872

I agree that he has played poorly, but he did play well in the last league game before Reading, at Millwall, so based on that you can see why MR picked him. You would be right though to think he may not pick him for the next game though. As manager, he and Adi Viveash will make their decisions on what they feel is best for the team, regardless of what we think (can't believe they'll allow SBT to txt a team to them in advance - although would be fun in deciding who to blame if we lost a game due to Dabo's performance in Centre midfield!)
The biggest problem if we took out everyone described on here as 'shit' we wouldn't find 11 to field a team.

Johhny Blue

Haven’t read the thread so not sure if it’s been mentioned but when he went off the Reading commentator mentioned that he “hadn’t done much tonight”

larry_david

I can't forgive stuff like last night where someone, mccallum maybe, dribbled past two, got into the corner to lay it back to Shipley 18 yards out. Who didn't even look but his first instinct was to go 25 yards back to James. Even the sky commentator and gabbidon sorta sighed.

If that's where his heads at, he's no good to us and it's not good for him

cc84cov

I can't forgive stuff like last night where someone, mccallum maybe, dribbled past two, got into the corner to lay it back to Shipley 18 yards out. Who didn't even look but his first instinct was to go 25 yards back to James. Even the sky commentator and gabbidon sorta sighed.

Robins keeps picking him 🤦🏻‍♂️ Again it’s bad man management 🤡

rob9872

I'd like to see that again. From what I can recall it wasn't really the place for a left footer to get a shot off that would trouble the keeper and the pass back was more like 15 yards max and we retained possession (edge of the box so 25 yards back would have been almost the half way line). He was lambasted later for taking a shot which went wayward. With the first, it was a bit negative but you'd think it had resulted in a goal for the opposition the way it's been portrayed and certainly not as bad imo as we retained the ball, as O'hares passback to their keeper.

larry_david

I'd like to see that again. From what I can recall it wasn't really the place for a left footer to get a shot off that would trouble the keeper and the pass back was more like 15 yards max and we retained possession (edge of the box so 25 yards back would have been almost the half way line). He was lambasted later for taking a shot which went wayward. With the first, it was a bit negative but you'd think it had resulted in a goal for the opposition the way it's been portrayed and certainly not as bad imo as we retained the ball, as O'hares passback to their keeper.
Not advocating a shot there as you're right, it was never on. But look up, look forward. We've signed a big man for the middle, dink it in. Draw a defender out. Take him on. Drill it across goal. You're supporting the striker!

O hare I agree no conviction at all and that Shipley shot second half summed it up. He's choosing the wrong option every time

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He clearly got injured & was limping around so Robins took him off. His comments were admitting he wasn't sure if he was able to continue or not so took him off as we couldn't afford more injuries, not sure how you can read the statement any other way tbh?

Mark Robins:
“He got clattered on his knee, I think, and he was sort of feeling his knee but you can’t carry anyone, and really I made that decision on the back of him holding his leg. And with everything else that’s going on around the place, with people feeling things and a lot of fatigue going on, and people getting injuries and the worry around suspensions, we have to be very careful.”

On the question of whether he's good enough, on current evidence the answer is clearly no & I have no problem with questioning his performances.

Inventing that he was faking an injury & hauled off by the manager who's angry with him is kind of debunked though by the fact that as soon as he came off he was in conversation with the club doctor & Robins has chosen to select him regularly since.

That doesn't debunk it at all. The fact he played again from the start in the next game three days later? He regularly goes off through blowing out of his arse or limping, even Robins' comments struggle to completely defend him.

The focus on him only greatly concentrates when people are in denial about how detrimental to the team he is. He shouldn't be anywhere near it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

To be honest, I thought he was distinctly average against Millwall, it just looked good compared to his other shit show performances.

I know what you mean about decision by committee on here, but I think this is a special case in itself. How anyone can argue we don't play as if we have 10 on the pitch when he is in the squad baffles me.

stevefloyd

I have been one of his biggest critics on here, as Rob the foul mouth baby will confirm, but I actually thought he had improved ever so slightly and even attempted, albeit a token gesture of a tackle or two, but it was still a sub standard performance of a professional player.
Atm we are in a nearing relegation battle and we simply cannot afford to carry any player who doesn't give their all for the cause but we are carrying Shipley on more or less a permanent basis this season

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There is always room for sentiment when your clubs history has been as depressing and shit as ours..these people helped turn the club around, the club we all thought would go bust and into non league... There's always room for sentiment
Play him or not, we can still have some respect for the young lad

No there isn't. if we're paying him it should be that he's good enough to get picked, not because of where he's from or where the club has come from recently/

We've got one of the smallest budgets in the league - we can't afford to be wasting it on sentiment.

I want Shipley to succeed - I want ALL our players to succeed - but if a player isn't up to the level we're not playing at then we can't sit around letting them take a wage out of sentiment. There are a number of players in this squad that look like they need upgrading for us to make it at this level and Shipley is one of them.

Doesn't deserve abuse in the meantime and if/when he's moved on it should be with a sense of honour and gratitude for his service, any loyalty bonus he's due and an open invitation to drop by anytime, along with a warm welcome should he ever face us in a game.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Robins keeps picking him 🤦🏻‍♂️ Again it’s bad man management 🤡

It's also to do with available options.

For much of this season it's been Shipley or Allen in one spot and neither have looked great.

It was a bit strange however that Allen had had a couple of decentish games and was then dropped and Shipley came back in.

Saddlebrains

Can we not just sum it up with the following...

He was fantastic the last 3 seasons, however He's struggling to make the jump, and doesnt seem to be a championship player.

His heads gone, hence not showing for the ball, bottling tackles etc, so robins needs to take some blame as to constantly picking him

cc84cov

He was fantastic the last 3 seasons, however He's struggling to make the jump, and doesnt seem to be a championship player.

His heads gone, hence not showing for the ball, bottling tackles etc, so robins needs to take some blame as to constantly picking him
Correct robins also now plays players with injuries 🤣

Kilclines curly mullet

I don’t think Shipley has ever been good. Yes he scores a few long range goals but he can’t trap a ball and shirks all challenges, as well as looking worn out after 60mins every game.
And no I’m not jumping on the bandwagon, I put a post up a few years ago saying I didn’t think he was good enough for league 1 let alone the championship.
Good on the lad for being part of the journey but If the club want to make it to a stable championship side, Shipley shouldn’t be part of the squad.

Londonccfcfan

Think what's baffling the games after Wycombe and before Millwall. Allen had his best few games and played well by general consensus.

So it's baffling how Robins continues to choose Shipley over Allen.

Northeast sky blue

Think what's baffling the games after Wycombe and before Millwall. Allen had his best few games and played well by general consensus.

I was surprised when Allen was left out for Shipley but perhaps Robins feels the team is more balanced with someone who is left footed

Sky Blue Harry H

One thing we can be certain of, is that MR/AV will be looking at how best to organise the team, and - like we do - will be looking at where things haven't been working and how to improve it. That area of the pitch, plus how to maximise the attacking threat, particularly in the absence of Walker/Godden - will be uppermost in their mind.

cov donkey kick

Will be interesting to see if he drops out if we go 4 at the back. Allen for me offers more a lot more and you know Allen is buzzing all over the pitch. As for Shipley he's not stepped up to levels of championship football that's the truth having watched like the rest of you most games this season.
But Shipley has been out of his depth.

Littlewood CCFC

Did you just say Shipley was fantastic the last three seasons? officially give up

covcity4life

He was adequate last 3 years. And sometimes fantastic in moments

He's got to go now. Good servant to club and wish him well. But overrated.

Grendel

Did you just say Shipley was fantastic the last three seasons? officially give up

He performed well over the last 3 seasons and was pivotal last season.
he is struggling at this level but I would not rule out him adapting to it at least to an adequate level.
also if robins became Manager at another league 1 club I would not be surprised if he took him with him

Liquid Gold

He was an average player in a very good league 1 side now he's exposed as a shite player in a shite championship side. Bloke offers absolutely nothing and gets a free pass from most fans cos he's "one of our own". Best thing about him being binned off will mean that shite Allez Allez song stops as well!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Shipley should absolutely be taken out of the side right now but this notion that he gets a free pass being posted on a 4 page thread ripping the shit out of him is batshit. Same energy as all the people shouting 'I'm being silenced' from their national newspaper column.

stevefloyd

I think its just the possibility of a goal he gets the nod over Allen

rob9872

I certainly think Allen should be used more and I like him as a bit of an impact sub against tired legs, but then I also think that's when O'Hare looks at his best too.

Londonccfcfan

I think its just the possibility of a goal he gets the nod over Allen
I agree with this, Shipley has a goal in him , Doncaster last year he was dog shite the whole match got substituted but he scored a vital goal.

Allen come to us with a reputation for scoring a few goals from midfield , but we hardly seen that either. But overall Allen has to be given a chance.

Warwickhunt

Shippers is playing like he is injured or just getting over Covid?

Users who are viewing this thread