Shipley (2 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 2477

Don't think I've ever made a new thread calling an individual player out but when are we going to address this. Absolutely shocking
A lot played worst today and missed sitters but yeh lets bang on about Shipley the scapegoat

fatso

half confusing myself though. Loved him in L2 and L1, but very obvious he's struggling atm.
He needs resting for a bit, I don’t want him sold as he’s young enough to develop, but as you say he’s definitely struggling.
I’d sooner play two strikers and leave Shipley on the bench. (Presuming we have two fit strikers)

jordan210

The 20 yard pass backwards when on the edge of the box and could shoot is unacceptable.

The problem is where he goes missing causes us all sorts of problems as means the striker drops back in and poof there goes our attacking option.

fatso

A lot played worst today and missed sitters but yeh lets bang on about Shipley the scapegoat
There were some very poor performances tonight, but the thing with Shipley is, he’s been struggling for form and confidence all season.
I was surprised he started, and disappointed that we left the new guy on his own up front. That’s obviously down to MR, who isn’t doing Shipley any favours at the moment imho.

steve101

I can understand wanting to keep Bapaga protected but surely he needs to be given a run of games instead of Shipley? It's difficult to say for sure but Westbrook would have been better keeping instead.

Evo1883

All singing his name at Notts County?

By all means talk about his season but fuck me, these lads have given everything for 3 years give it a rest ffs...

Has he been good this season? No... Does he deserve fans taking about his mum being fingered and how wank he is on here? No..

Get a grip... Half you cunts be on the mental health thread talking about how much things are getting to you and how it's good to be nice etc and your on here slagging a young lad off who probably knows he's not doing well, but could do without being rundown by fans who only 12 months ago sang his name every week.

He's Coventry, his family are Coventry, he deserves better than to be spoken about like this

Bellends

steve101

By all means talk about his season but fuck me, these lads have given everything for 3 years give it a rest ffs...

Has he been good this season? No... Does he deserve fans taking about his mum being fingered and how wank he is on here? No..

Get a grip... Half you cunts be on the mental health thread talking about how much things are getting to you and how it's good to be nice etc and your on here slagging a young lad off who probably knows he's not doing well, but could do without being rundown by fans who only 12 months ago sang his name every week.

He's Coventry, his family are Coventry, he deserves better than to be spoken about like this

Bellends
I don't think there are many supporters who don't want him to do well and I don't think personalising things is necessary but the simple fact is he has been extremely poor. The thing that is frustrating is not just the lack of quality but what appears to be a lack of grit.

Dellboy87

The role suits Shipley but he hasn’t got the pace, fitness, or talent at this level. It’s a shame
For him but robins and him need a reality check. He effectively has a free role and one thing we can’t afford in the upcoming games are ineffective passengers

Evo1883

I don't think there are many supporters who don't want him to do well and I don't think personalising things is necessary but the simple fact is he has been extremely poor. The thing that is frustrating is not the lack of quality but what appears to be a lack of grit.

He's been poor no qualms... Just a bit of respect for the players who have turned the club around... Doesn't deserve to be so cockily and disgracefully chalked off by no marks on a football forum

Blind-Faith

His seasons been shit, he’s not dipped in form or going through a bad patch. He’s been shit since the first game, offered next to nothing bar his goal vs Swansea. Any other team who has to carry a player for the whole season as the manager for some reason can’t see what the rest of us see, would be struggling aswell.

Couldn’t give a toss if he’s from Coventry , ohare is from the Villa, but whether he’s having a bad game or not, he never hides/stops running for 90 minutes and THAT is the bare minimum we don’t ever see from Shipley

Evo1883

His seasons been shit, he’s not dipped in form or going through a bad patch. He’s been shit since the first game, offered next to nothing bar his goal vs Swansea. Any other team who has to carry a player for the whole season as the manager for some reason can’t see what the rest of us see, would be struggling aswell.

Couldn’t give a toss if he’s from Coventry , ohare is from the Villa, but whether he’s having a bad game or not, he never hides/stops running for 90 minutes and THAT is the bare minimum we don’t ever see from Shipley

Our fans should thank people like Shipley, for everything they've helped the club achieve in 3 years.... If he's not upto the standards of this league it's fair enough, but we don't need to start talking about his mum and how WANK he is etc... When people like him eventually leave they should be thanked for everything they've helped do, looked at fondly...
These last 10 years clearly haven't humbled our fans enough, which is surprising

shmmeee

Our fans should thank people like Shipley, for everything they've helped the club achieve in 3 years.... If he's not upto the standards of this league it's fair enough, but we don't need to start talking about his mum and how WANK he is etc... When people like him eventually leave they should be thanked for everything they've helped do, looked at fondly...
These last 10 years clearly haven't humbled our fans enough, which is surprising

Theres a fair chunk of fans who just get off on being overly abusive to players. I don’t get it. There’s plenty of opposition players to abuse. Players can’t just be poor or having an off day, they’re terrible people and should die.

Evo1883

Theres a fair chunk of fans who just get off on being overly abusive to players. I don’t get it. There’s plenty of opposition players to abuse. Players can’t just be poor or having an off day, they’re terrible people and should die.

You know I said 10 years... Il correct since 2001 this club has had fuck all to shout about... Fans have spent years being angry at players and managers and owners..

Then a young group of lads come through and one of them helps the club get 2 promotions in 3 years, a manager who gave us 3 of the best seasons in years.... more than half our fans have ever had the pleasure of witnessing in their LIFE.

And still in the face of a difficult first season back in the 2nd tier they can't show some respect to these very people who made it all possible .. It genuinely fucks me off

They deserve failure

Last edited:

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Any personal insults are bang out of order. He has been very, very poor this season. He’s very clearly not a championship player. I do think he’s deliberately shying away from the ball cuz he’s lacking in confidence but the thing is, if anyone’s gonna blame anyone, blame Robins. It’s him who picks him. It’s hardly Shipley’s fault he’s being selected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blind-Faith

He’s played his part yes, but there isn’t room for sentiment now. We’ve gone up a league , we need to stay up, he has been wank, every single game he’s played. Shake hands , thanks and get rid. I personally haven’t got anything against his mum. I have got something against him somehow getting into the team every week and us having to effectively play with 10 men. Christ knows what he does in training??

D

Deleted member 2477

Bellends
top post all night

Evo1883

He’s played his part yes, but there isn’t room for sentiment now. We’ve gone up a league , we need to stay up, he has been wank, every single game he’s played. Shake hands , thanks and get rid. I personally haven’t got anything against his mum. I have got something against him somehow getting into the team every week and us having to effectively play with 10 men. Christ knows what he does in training??
There is always room for sentiment when your clubs history has been as depressing and shit as ours..these people helped turn the club around, the club we all thought would go bust and into non league... There's always room for sentiment
Play him or not, we can still have some respect for the young lad

Greggs

There is always room for sentiment when your clubs history has been as depressing and shit as ours..these people helped turn the club around, the club we all thought would go bust and into non league... There's always room for sentiment
bullshit, robbings out

Blind-Faith

Ok fair enough , we should have him as the first name on the team sheet then as he’s loyal and was born with a cv postcode 🤦🏻‍♂️

Evo1883

What’s the club gonna do ?
Go on twitter, ask Shipley if Robins is fingering his mum... And see
Go tell Shipley that Robins must be fingering his mum for him to get picked because he's wank... And see

Blind-Faith

I’m not having a tantrum , im not angry we lost , I’m pissed off with HOW we lost and yet again another 80+ minutes of garbage from Shipley. He wasn’t the only one who had a bad night and wasn’t the biggest reason why we lost admittedly.

But it’s every single week with him. Kelly and Hyam have come up from league two with us , Hyam is certainly having a tough time at the moment but has been good for over half of the season. Kelly is instrumental for us.

Shipley is awful , every single game at this level

Users who are viewing this thread