Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (4 Viewers)

clint van damme

Any news on Dabo? We really need to pick up a win or 2 in next few games before go into a tough run. Pask did well but we will miss Dabo

not as much if we stick with 4 at the back with less emphasis on the full/wing backs getting forward.
It looked like a bad injury to me, obviously hope it's not.

Pasks performance will cushion the blow a little bit if Dabo is going to miss games.

Be also interesting to see what the CB configuration will be if we stick with the 4. Wouldn't be surprised to see McFaz come in for Hyam.

Magwitch

This was a absolute crucial win, I have to admit when I saw the team sheet I wasn’t sure how it would go our set-up very different to our norm. But it worked well and on reflection we could have had two or three more goals, superb performance from COH and Matty James showed what quality is all about the second half substitutes to a man all did there bit. Pask showed he is a full back rather than a wing back looked a good defender. Is McFadz back Saturday ? will be interesting how we set up for Blues game.

superskyblue

not as much if we stick with 4 at the back with less emphasis on the full/wing backs getting forward.

Pasks performance will cushion the blow a little bit if Dabo is going to miss games.

Be also interesting to see what the CB configuration will be if we stick with the 4. Wouldn't be surprised to see McFaz come in for Hyam.

I wouldn't be surprised to see McFadz and Hyam together and Ostigard at right back. Sure Pask will get first go at it though as he earned it last night.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hyam could probably use a bit of time out of the side, he’s fortunate the ref didn’t enforce that on us yesterday. McF in for him I think and stay with the back 4.

mark_ccfc

The winner I’ve always said who ever got the final goal lol
" A game winning goal in soccer is classed as the goal that put a team into the lead in the first place, to put the team ahead. For example, this will be the first goal scored by the winning team in a 3-1 victory. ... The first goal scored by the winning team is classed as the game winner in soccer definition. "

here

Hobo

After a few games where it looked like form and confidence was ebbing away we get the result we wanted.

Ok form might not have been great but determination was back. Two great pieces of creativity by O'Hare with two confident finishes by Gyokeres and Allen.

One thing for sure this season has been a squad effort. All in it together - if only the fans had the same attitude as the players.

jordan210

Id like to see Gyokeres playing as the front line with max/someone just behind him to feed him balls.

He was strong going down the middle and felt a waste when he dropped to the left.

ccfcricoh

huge result - beat blues on Saturday and we put them in a world of trouble too.

First half was scrappy with 2 teams on no confidence and not wanting to lose.

Robins obviously had a word and 2nd half was massively better

Baka/Pask did well coming in, Allen livened everything up and linked up well with O'Hare, would benefit them both playing with each other

mr_monkey

I know we are praising Callum for his passing for the goals, but watch the diagonal run, pace and power of Zlatan for his goal. We need to play to his strengths and give him opportunities which he clearly can finish.
Second half performance should give the players the confidence to kick on.

But according to some on here he was a panic buy 🙈😂

covcity4life

6 weeks maybe not end of world but does mean will miss a huge chunk of season. Prob 8 or 9 games

Peak did ok but terrible time to lose Dabo

Mcbean

Glad Viktoooor got off the Mark !!

Allen looked fresh when he came on and had the space to run as SW were labouring on the pitch

Osti,s header technique has signs of Ronaldo type power - would have been in anywhere but straight at Wedgie

I thought Wedgie pulled the ball
Back over the line from Hamer - don’t reckon the tech was working

great 3 points - got some sleep last night as the win brought my stress levels down considerably PUSB

better days

Y6

This is Josh Pask's chance really
His problem is he can look top class in one session then like a pub team player the next
You often see players in lower leagues having a great game and wonder why they aren't playing at a higher level
Inconsistency is usually the reason, or not looking after themselves and living the right way
Josh definitely lives the right way so it's in his hands to get a level of consistency
I think McFadz had a niggling injury before his red card so Pask needs to make the most of this opportunity

robbiethemole

I know we are praising Callum for his passing for the goals, but watch the diagonal run, pace and power of Zlatan for his goal. We need to play to his strengths and give him opportunities which he clearly can finish.
Second half performance should give the players the confidence to kick on.
And the speed Allen took off at to make the space for him and to get past the defender for the shot. Great movement all round

Frostie

Y6

This is Josh Pask's chance really
His problem is he can look top class in one session then like a pub team player the next
You often see players in lower leagues having a great game and wonder why they aren't playing at a higher level
Inconsistency is usually the reason, or not looking after themselves and living the right way
Josh definitely lives the right way so it's in his hands to get a level of consistency
I think McFadz had a niggling injury before his red card so Pask needs to make the most of this opportunity

Agree with that. I'd seen a bit of him before he joined us & was impressed.

I was convinced he'd eventually break into our first XI last season, probably at the expense of Hyam. A combination of the back 3's form & injuries to Pask meant that never happened & it's all gone a bit awry for him since.

The irony of course is that were it not for injuries to Thompson & Dacosta he might not have even been on the bench last night. Hopefully this is the turning point & he can kick on from here.

covmark

Allen's movement is good too and he opened his body up nicely to slot the ball home in his stride, I was impressed with him when he came on. He's one of the most intelligent players at the club.
Was about to post this. Allen was really busy when he came on. Gave us much needed energy. Took the goal well too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hertsccfc

Was about to post this. Allen was really busy when he came on. Gave us much needed energy. Took the goal well too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I am hoping the goal will give him more confidence. I think he is a better player than his performances to date this season would suggest.

Last season he seemed good with O'Hare so now is a chance for that to work again.

Gibbo

For Brum
  • Keep Wilson. But no big deal either way.
  • Play Pask - he earned the slot and we have no like for like for Dabo
  • Switch to 4 at the back - it worked last night, we won and scored twice and Pask is not a wing back
  • Resist Dacosta if fit - too inexperienced for such an important game and not obviously better than Pask.
  • Our inability to score goals maybe a side-effect of playing 5 at the back as much as only having only one up front. As a lower table team Dabo & MacCallum were always going to be forced back.
  • Hyam maybe is tired, but just as likely Championship is right at the upper end of his abilities. He is stretched at this level.
  • McFadzean replaces Hyam (I assume).This does risk McFadzean being more exposed in a central partnership of 2 rather than 3
  • The same three in the midfield that started last night - James, Hamer and Sheaf (who sits in front of the back 4).
  • Neither Shipley or Allen are suitable substitutes for Sheaf in that particular midfield role.
  • Play Allen from the start - reward for scoring and a generally buzzy 10 minutes. And Biamou is clearly not fit. Let's pass on the Grendel question for the minute - he's clearly not fit anyway
  • 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 doesn't matter which in reality
  • Wilson/Marosi: Pask-Ost-MacF-Sam Mac: James-Sheaf-Hamer: O'Hare-Victor-Allen.

Users who are viewing this thread