Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (1 Viewer)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think Allen had the break out of the team to clear his head and get his confidence back up so he can play well like we saw last night he has Championship experience and is a good little player so if we need to play 1 up front I would prefer him and Ohare as the AM

glasgowfan

" A game winning goal in soccer is classed as the goal that put a team into the lead in the first place, to put the team ahead. For example, this will be the first goal scored by the winning team in a 3-1 victory. ... The first goal scored by the winning team is classed as the game winner in soccer definition. "

here
Soccer????
Sounds like it was written by an american. And I'd expect "match winning" rather than "game winning"

shmmeee

Doninated the game but their best chance was a shit free kick.

Soccer????
Sounds like it was written by an american. And I'd expect "match winning" rather than "game winning"

Written by Ben Pugsley of Objective Footy, seems he lives in Barcelona and is a Man City fan but seems English:

Johhny Blue

" A game winning goal in soccer is classed as the goal that put a team into the lead in the first place, to put the team ahead. For example, this will be the first goal scored by the winning team in a 3-1 victory. ... The first goal scored by the winning team is classed as the game winner in soccer definition. "

here
By that definition Bennett scored the winner at Wembley. Doesn’t work for me

lifeskyblue

Wednesday supporters must be really worried after that display. They were awful and created nothing. The only chances I remember them having were a speculative long shot that Wilson almost turned into his own net and the free kick that clipped the bar.
At least in games where we haven’t scored recently we have had gilt edge chances to take the lead before seeming to switch off.
Last night the first half was poor from both sides but in the second we stepped it up and created more and looked good all over the pitch. The more I look at gamers corner the more I wonder whether goal line technology was switched on and max very unlucky not to score on rebound....reacted quickly and only the unwitting face of the defender stopped the goal.
But Wednesday didn’t react after going a goal down and just seemed to be going through the motions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve cooper

Surely the winning goal is the first goal scored by the winning team after the opposition has finished scoring, unless the opposition don't score, in which case the winning goal is the first goal scored.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Point taken.
Here’s a better example.
When Huckerby scored that late goal against Man United it meant that Whelan got the winner
Whelan scored the first goal in that game? Not the winner.

whela’s goal - cancelled out by solskjear
Sherringham’s goal - cancelled out by Dublin
Winning goal.... huckerby

the definition is poorly worded, but the other two were cancelled out. Huckerby’s was the first not to be cancelled out

Mucca Mad Boys

I thought we played well last night, and a big 3 pts for us. If we can follow it up with another 3 against Birmingham, I think it’ll set us up with a very good chance of staying up.

The diamond suited us well and O’Hare was brilliant. Really happy he got one over some of the growing discontent aimed at him.

fernandopartridge

Wednesday supporters must be really worried after that display. They were awful and created nothing. The only chances I remember them having were a speculative long shot that Wilson almost turned into his own net and the free kick that clipped the bar.
At least in games where we haven’t scored recently we have had gilt edge chances to take the lead before seeming to switch off.
Last night the first half was poor from both sides but in the second we stepped it up and created more and looked good all over the pitch. The more I look at gamers corner the more I wonder whether goal line technology was switched on and max very unlucky not to score on rebound....reacted quickly and only the unwitting face of the defender stopped the goal.
But Wednesday didn’t react after going a goal down and just seemed to be going through the motions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBF we don't conceded many at St Andrews and don't give away a lot of chances. I thought Wednesday were much improved from when they beat us, just lack a cutting edge,

Johhny Blue

Whelan scored the first goal in that game? Not the winner.

whela’s goal - cancelled out by solskjear
Sherringham’s goal - cancelled out by Dublin
Winning goal.... huckerby

the definition is poorly worded, but the other two were cancelled out. Huckerby’s was the first not to be cancelled out
That was my whole point

mark_ccfc

I think Wednesday aren't given enough credit on here. They are not a bad side and have just had a reasonable run of games. We did well to keep going in a scrappy game, great play from O'Hare - his hard work paid off.

Don't forget could have been three, the Wednesday player that cleared off the line didn't know a thing about it, it just hit his head, in fact he fell to the ground holding his head afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread