Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

I think Wednesday aren't given enough credit on here. They are not a bad side and have just had a reasonable run of games. We did well to keep going in a scrappy game, great play from O'Hare - his hard work paid off.

Don't forget could have been three, the Wednesday player that cleared off the line didn't know a thing about it, it just hit his head, in fact he fell to the ground holding his head afterwards.
Enough credit ?

Have a word,a team who blagged they couldn’t field a team to get more time to prepare,having a points deduction reduced on appeal not to mention they are awful they got what they deserved

lifeskyblue

I think Wednesday aren't given enough credit on here. They are not a bad side and have just had a reasonable run of games. We did well to keep going in a scrappy game, great play from O'Hare - his hard work paid off.

Don't forget could have been three, the Wednesday player that cleared off the line didn't know a thing about it, it just hit his head, in fact he fell to the ground holding his head afterwards.

They were poor i thought. Hardly worked Wilson (one squirmed shot and one free kick clipped bar). Other than that barely got in our area. When they went behind there was no fight or idea of how to get back in it.
First half very scrappy but at no point did they really impose themselves on us. Came to disrupt and get a draw but no plan B after they conceded.
If I was a Wednesday fan I would have been very unhappy at that performance. Only Bannon performed as expected. Looked like a team who need a manager very quickly if they are to climb out of relegation places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johhny Blue

They were poor i thought. Hardly worked Wilson (one squirmed shot and one free kick clipped bar). Other than that barely got in our area. When they went behind there was no fight or idea of how to get back in it.
First half very scrappy but at no point did they really impose themselves on us. Came to disrupt and get a draw but no plan B after they conceded.
If I was a Wednesday fan I would have been very unhappy at that performance. Only Bannon performed as expected. Looked like a team who need a manager very quickly if they are to climb out of relegation places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It didn’t clip the bar

ccfcchris

From their forum.

Much as we all want to forget last night, here are a few highlights (or lowlights)....

• Wednesday created just 1 chance from open play, the fewest in the league since the infamous 'Christmas Party' 3-2 defeat at Stoke on Boxing Day 2019
  • This was the 13th game in a row the opposition have had more shots than Wednesday (since the 0-0 draw with Millwall)
  • This was the 11th time in the last 12 games the opposition had a higher xG than Wednesday (the one exception being Wednesday's 1-0 win over Coventry in December, 1.20-0.98)
  • Coventry's xG was 1.57 higher than Wednesday (1.89-0.32), the biggest deficit since the 1-1 draw with Reading near the start of the Pulis reign (2.25)
  • Tom Lees won 10 headers, only the second time a defender has reached double figures this season (other being Flint vs Brentford)
  • Sam Hutchinson won 4 tackles, the joint-most on either side
  • Callum O'Hare (the other player to win 4 tackles) got 2 assists for Coventry, the second player to do this against this season Wednesday after Vrancic for Norwich. WhoScored rated him the best player on the pitch, after being rated the worst player on the pitch in Wednesday's 1-0 win over Coventry in December.
posted by Emerson Thome.

letsallsingtogether

Prove it.
Prove it what are you a child.
Dont really give a shit just fucking hate Brums shitty ground.
BTW I am a ST holder but the sooner we get out the better.
Still no plans though for a new ground.

Users who are viewing this thread