Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

I don't agree on that Harry to be honest.
Against Derby it was clear the game was turning against us and he failed to make changes and we conceded, it was only then that he changed it and fortunately we got an equaliser.

Same today, you could see the game starting to turn, and as I posted earlier, when Windass had that shot that Wilson saved that should have triggered the changes.
But overall, I'm happy with where we are, still got a long battle on our hands to stay up but we've been doing OK but today was a very bad day at the office.
Fair enough Clint, but surely playing 2 up front (which a lot had called for) doesn't suggest he was playing for a draw or being negative. Giles aside, I'm not sure how he could have set up with a more attacking line up.

oscillatewildly

We wasn’t punching mate they was awful we’re just so negative in the way we set up
It didn't appear too negative from the formation we started with. Admittedly I didn't watch or tune into a commentary - just occasionally followed updates on the BBC match page. Were we wasteful (yet again) with chances or did Westwood have a blinder?
Anyway, I won't be making another one of these predictions in a hurry anytime soon.

clint van damme

Fair enough Clint, but surely playing 2 up front (which a lot had called for) doesn't suggest he was playing for a draw or being negative. Giles aside, I'm not sure how he could have set up with a more attacking line up.

I'm not saying he was playing for a draw but it was clear the game was turning and something needed changing.
Giles was the obvious one but I also think e could have pushed O'Hare nearer the strikers, 9though I realise that can create it's own problem defensively in that 3 man midfield).

I admit there are mitigating circumstances as Robins alluded to in his post match interview.

cc84cov

It didn't appear too negative from the formation we started with. Admittedly I didn't watch or tune into a commentary - just occasionally followed updates on the BBC match page. Were we wasteful (yet again) with chances or did Westwood have a blinder?
Anyway, I won't be making another one of these predictions in a hurry anytime soon.
He kept the wing backs too far back

Otis

Can’t lie, watched the game in the changing rooms after a rugger game. We looked shit, and got shithoused. It’s one of those.

A lot of injuries/suspensions, I’m not massively surprised by the result. Disappointed of course.
Same here. I was expecting a defeat before the game kicked off. I just think missing both Hamer and Kelly as well, was too much of a gap to fill.

I am disappointed, but not at all angry.

Alkhen

Shame, too many ikey players out, we weren't embarrassed and the bonus is that the other results ran for us

Liquid Gold

I still can't quite believe we conspired to lose to a club whose players are just going through the motions due to not being paid properly.

AFCCOVENTRY

I wish Robins just went for it a bit more. Having 2 up front was pretty much the best option based on the central midfield issue but a 4-4-2 would have been more attacking with Giles especially. Both Sam and Dabo have been pretty ineffective going forward in the last few games. In all fairness today’s goal was a mess from the crap clearance by Wilson, a silly foul in a wide position by Leo for the free kick and shit marking for their goal. But it’s cost us ultimately.

Anyway, it is what it is and we’ve played a shit load of games in a short period. We’ve picked up valuable points and still in a decent position to kick on after Xmas. Hopefully for Stoke we have Godden back in the starting line-up and we know Hamer will be back after a breather.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't think it can be ignored that when an opposition scores against us, the general comments on the match threads are always:

'There you go.'
'Been coming.'

etc etc

It is always obvious what is happening and the management is rarely proactive in tackling it.

cc84cov

I don't think it can be ignored that when an opposition scores against us, the general comments on the match threads are always:

'There you go.'
'Been coming.'

etc etc

It is always obvious what is happening and the management is rarely proactive in tackling it.
It has been coming we’ve rode our luck for me he’s too negative today Pulis who’s clearly experienced at the level and higher made the change won the game it’s not a coincidence,how Giles has been sat on the bench this long is beyond me,wolves clearly know what he’s got hence the 5 year contract 🤷🏻‍♂️

NortonSkyBlue

It has been coming we’ve rode our luck for me he’s too negative today Pulis who’s clearly experienced at the level and higher made the change won the game it’s not a coincidence,how Giles has been sat on the bench this long is beyond me,wolves clearly know what he’s got hence the 5 year contract 🤷🏻‍♂️
When he signed his Wolves contract you filed that one away to use. Well done

Evo1883

They won from a set piece, a set piece needlessly conceded when the ball should have been all the way up the pitch from the keeper... Pulis didn't change the game to win it, he got the win from a set piece by our very own mistake... Then he proceeded to bring on an extra defender when 1-0 up.

I repeat... The ball should have been cleared up the pitch and not some smart bended lofted pass around the back of a forward...

As with alot of defeats this season, we gave it them

Frostie

It has been coming we’ve rode our luck for me he’s too negative today Pulis who’s clearly experienced at the level and higher made the change won the game it’s not a coincidence

We were on too when Pulis made the sub & then they scored from a set piece from our mistake just 2 minutes later. Not sure the sub (Rhodes) had even touched the ball so yes, it very much is a coincidence.

AFCCOVENTRY

I just listened to the post match interview.

Robins was blaming the pitch the whole time. WTF.

Poor excuse. The pitch didn’t stop SW getting 3 points. He got it tactically wrong but he will never blame himself. If we don’t start attacking a bit more we won’t score many more goals this season.

Otis

Poor excuse. The pitch didn’t stop SW getting 3 points. He got it tactically wrong but he will never blame himself. If we don’t start attacking a bit more we won’t score many more goals this season.
Kelly was missing, Hamer was missing, Godden has been missing. Put those three back in the team and we will score more goals.

AFCCOVENTRY

Kelly was missing, Hamer was missing, Godden has been missing. Put those three back in the team and we will score more goals.

I’m actually a bit more hopefully against Stoke with Hamer coming in. We lack complete creativity without him. It may also see Godden start which would be good. I do hope we find a way to bring Giles in because he is a real attacking threat.

clint van damme

I’m actually a bit more hopefully against Stoke with Hamer coming in. We lack complete creativity without him. It may also see Godden start which would be good. I do hope we find a way to bring Giles in because he is a real attacking threat.

it's obvious Hamer will start but for me the other 2 have to as well, even if Godden can only give us an hour

Sky Blue Harry H

I just listened to the post match interview.

Robins was blaming the pitch the whole time. WTF.

Not that Dabo is up to speed yet, but on a lot of occasions he and McCallum were out by the touchline and instead of being able to take the ball in their stride, they had to stop and check in case the ball bobbled, which it often did. The pitch was crap - although I wouldn't blame the defeat on it, it did hinder our style of football more than them. Our defence was fine, we needed the front 2 to perform better (two had knocks during the game - and struggled - and Baka didn't turn up). Makes sense for MR to blame the pitch a bit, as turning on the players is daft after an unbeaten run. I'm sure he will look at tactics - although Stoke and Preston look like slugfests already (and being Mr Negative, I'd snap your hand for more than 1 point from the two games)

Hobo

Funnily enough he’s a striker, not that he wasn’t shit at that today
With a responsibility to defend at set pieces. In modern football their isn't a player on the pitch who doesn't have defensive responsibilities.

cc84cov

Not that Dabo is up to speed yet, but on a lot of occasions he and McCallum were out by the touchline and instead of being able to take the ball in their stride, they had to stop and check in case the ball bobbled, which it often did. The pitch was crap - although I wouldn't blame the defeat on it, it did hinder our style of football more than them. Our defence was fine, we needed the front 2 to perform better (two had knocks during the game - and struggled - and Baka didn't turn up). Makes sense for MR to blame the pitch a bit, as turning on the players is daft after an unbeaten run. I'm sure he will look at tactics - although Stoke and Preston look like slugfests already (and being Mr Negative, I'd snap your hand for more than 1 point from the two games)
Not upto speed ? Dabo looks like he needs a rest 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sky Blue Harry H

Not upto speed ? Dabo looks like he needs a rest 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's what I meant to be honest. I'm sure he'll give him a break when we play Norwich in the cup, and hopefully a whole week off will help. I've just realised Stoke have a Cup Q final at home to Spurs on Wednesday (23rd) before they play us on 26th (so that is a bit of a bonus, in terms of them hopefully being a bit leggy)

cc84cov

That's what I meant to be honest. I'm sure he'll give him a break when we play Norwich in the cup, and hopefully a whole week off will help. I've just realised Stoke have a Cup Q final at home to Spurs on Wednesday (23rd) before they play us on 26th (so that is a bit of a bonus, in terms of them hopefully being a bit leggy)
I would drop him and McCallum for Stoke

Users who are viewing this thread