Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Games keep coming and another one where we can pick up points. They maybe bottom of the table but they are still a difficult team to play against and more so with our injuries and suspensions kicking in.

SkyblueTexan

No Kelly and Hamer. Tough break. Was initially hoping for a win, but with so many injuries/suspensions etc. and maybe a draw wouldn't be such a bad result.

SkyblueTexan

Ffs we’re only three posts in and we have the first “I’d take a draw”. We’re 8 unbeaten and they have lost 4 in a row.
Today's draw versus Huddersfield could just have easily been a loss or a win to us depending on how you look at it I suppose. It's fine margins. Our 8 game unbeaten run could have been interrupted at Derby or Norwich and wasn't thankfully due to very late equalisers. We had Hamer and Kelly in those games. We won't have them against Sheff Wed. Obviously I'd love for us to beat Sheff Wed (don't get me wrong), but with so many matches in such a short period time, it all takes a great toll on everyone. That's what I was getting at and where I was coming from.

D

Deleted member 2477

Looks like they are also missing a number of key players through injury etc. They may be bottom of the league but they are an established championship club with a far bigger budget than us who are struggling this season.

i would love 3 points however another draw and unbeaten going into the smas period would not be a disaster.
hoping for a 1-0 win though

Londonccfcfan

Been one of our “lucky” grounds in past years let’s hope it continues, I think it will.

Was at hillsbrough with my wife back in late 90s witnessed the most boring 0-0 imaginable.

Reckon this will be the same. Now i said that it will probably be a 3-2 thriller.

Walker, Biamou, and Giles.

Terry Gibson's perm

I saw us play an evening game there with Fabian Debec in goal it did not go well.

lord_garrincha

Was at hillsbrough with my wife back in late 90s witnessed the most boring 0-0 imaginable.
Breen's debut, or the year after (I think Salako blazed one over the bar from a yard out)? Both games were crap. He looked like Beckenbauer that day, then went to total shit... Took a couple of seasons to break the Shaw Willo partnership and become the man to fill 1 to 11!

higgs

Do we play two up front again swap Allen for max or bring in Shipley instead of hamer if he's suspended?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Can you appeal a suspension which Hamer has got because I would as I don’t think at all that was a yellow it was a genuine attempt to hit the ball as he was mid action of a shot and the Huddersfield player runs inbetween Hamer and the ball and gets kicked as he runs into the way.
In my eyes not a yellow

Reactions: SAJ

Mucca Mad Boys

I think we’ll end up drawing this game. We have too many unavailable players. A win would be huge.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Westwood, Borner, Luongo, Iorfa, Flint, Marriot (injured) and Obudajo (suspended) are all expected to miss Saturday's game. Bannen apparently also might as well not be on the pitch at the minute.

Despite our own injury troubles I feel this is a game that we're more than capable of winning, especially if you take into account the fact that they're completely devoid of confidence.

shmmeee

Need a win here really. Draws are OK but if we don’t win games while we’re in this run of easier matches we’ll regret it come Feb.

Not sure what team Id go for, though tempted to play Godden and Walker if both are now fit.

Wilson
Østigård McFadzean Hyam
Dabo Allen Sheaf Shipley McCallum
Walker Godden

Lots of ifs and but and maybe bring someone else in (Dacosta/O’Hare/Giles) on 60 mins.

clint van damme

Looks like they are also missing a number of key players through injury etc. They may be bottom of the league but they are an established championship club with a far bigger budget than us who are struggling this season.

i would love 3 points however another draw and unbeaten going into the smas period would not be a disaster.
hoping for a 1-0 win though

common theme this year with the fixture congestion. Both teams looked absolutely fucked 2nd half last night which given Huddersfield rested players Saturday is a bit strange.

Sky Blue Harry H

Even if it all goes wrong for us on Saturday, with Rotherham playing Derby we will still be either 5 or 6 points clear of one of those two. If we draw it will mean a 6/7 point gap, and a win would open up a big gap on one or both of them. Think MR is going to make sure there are fresh legs, play two up top and ensure Giles and O'Hare are on the pitch to ensure we can break the lines.

clint van damme

Need a win here really. Draws are OK but if we don’t win games while we’re in this run of easier matches we’ll regret it come Feb.

Not sure what team Id go for, though tempted to play Godden and Walker if both are now fit.

Wilson
Østigård McFadzean Hyam
Dabo Allen Sheaf Shipley McCallum
Walker Godden

Lots of ifs and but and maybe bring someone else in (Dacosta/O’Hare/Giles) on 60 mins.

do you think Godden might be fit or wishful thinking? Thought he was out for longer.

SAJ

Can you appeal a suspension which Hamer has got because I would as I don’t think at all that was a yellow it was a genuine attempt to hit the ball as he was mid action of a shot and the Huddersfield player runs inbetween Hamer and the ball and gets kicked as he runs into the way.
In my eyes not a yellow
You have never been able to appeal yellows.

AFCCOVENTRY

Robins played one up front yesterday because he was worried they would play right though us with their passing ability.

Against SW you would think he would do the opposite and put 2 up front.

TomRad85

I'd take a point with our central midfield missing.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread