Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Why is there no budget ? I don’t expect much more than a loan or two but for Boddy to suggest we are skint I don’t buy it we have had over £6million in tv fees, a kick back from the Callum Wilson transfer to Newcastle add to that some of the assistant money hand outs, as I said I wouldn’t expect us to be going round splashing thousands but to be skint don’t accept that either.
Have you not noticed the lack of fans in grounds?

Sky Blue Harry H

Robins takes the blame for that dismal performance. Negative, defensive and didn’t want to attack from the start. If Robins set-up to attack we would have had a better day. They couldn’t contain Giles when he came on. Baka was awful and falling all over the place. Robins needs to realise when he should go and attack teams. He was playing for a draw.

That bit ok. The rest makes no sense - if he was playing for a draw, why go 2 up front from the off. The only real difference I would have done, would have been Giles for Dabo, from the off. That said, he picked as attacking a team as we had available. Players are knackered. It's obvious and nobody's fault. Least of all, MR's.

Mucca Mad Boys

Can’t lie, watched the game in the changing rooms after a rugger game. We looked shit, and got shithoused. It’s one of those.

A lot of injuries/suspensions, I’m not massively surprised by the result. Disappointed of course.

Johnnythespider

Playing the way we do is fine when results outweigh the performance, when we lose playing this way it is so frustrating, players are not completing passes that would have been made last season, and yes i know we are in a higher league and playing better opposition, Wednesday however looked very much a league 1 team today, despite starting quite brightly we quickly lost our way and got bogged down when our wingbacks couldn't push up the pitch.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Why is there no budget ? I don’t expect much more than a loan or two but for Boddy to suggest we are skint I don’t buy it we have had over £6million in tv fees, a kick back from the Callum Wilson transfer to Newcastle add to that some of the assistant money hand outs, as I said I wouldn’t expect us to be going round splashing thousands but to be skint don’t accept that either.

Are you being serious?

better days

Any word if there’s any budget for jan ?
I doubt it
But even if there was it wouldn't be admitted publicly
There will be a lot of clubs desperate for cash flow in January
Especially with today's news about the return to stringent lockdowns which puts the tin hat on the chances of fans returning any time soon to the majority of the teams in England
Only a fool would show their hand at this point

cc84cov

I doubt it
But even if there was it wouldn't be admitted publicly
There will be a lot of clubs desperate for cash flow in January
Especially with today's news about the return to stringent lockdowns which puts the tin hat on the chances of fans returning any time soon to the majority of the teams in England
Only a fool would show their hand at this point
Ok my next question - who wants Baka ? 🤣

clint van damme

That bit ok. The rest makes no sense - if he was playing for a draw, why go 2 up front from the off. The only real difference I would have done, would have been Giles for Dabo, from the off. That said, he picked as attacking a team as we had available. Players are knackered. It's obvious and nobody's fault. Least of all, MR's.

I don't agree on that Harry to be honest.
Against Derby it was clear the game was turning against us and he failed to make changes and we conceded, it was only then that he changed it and fortunately we got an equaliser.

Same today, you could see the game starting to turn, and as I posted earlier, when Windass had that shot that Wilson saved that should have triggered the changes.
But overall, I'm happy with where we are, still got a long battle on our hands to stay up but we've been doing OK but today was a very bad day at the office.

Sky Blue Harry H

Playing the way we do is fine when results outweigh the performance, when we lose playing this way it is so frustrating, players are not completing passes that would have been made last season, and yes i know we are in a higher league and playing better opposition, Wednesday however looked very much a league 1 team today, despite starting quite brightly we quickly lost our way and got bogged down when our wingbacks couldn't push up the pitch.

Part of the reason wingbacks couldn't push up today - pitch was crap, so first touch was often uncertain and tentative. Fankaty is not 'right' and Sam was marking their quickest player (albeit he was pants). I would have liked Giles on to run at them, and we missed Hamer. Don't really think MR did anything wrong re: selection - we didn't get the rub of the green, and we can't easily dominate without a handful of key players (although I still thought we were the better team)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread